Something else for right wing extremist Trump haters to cry about

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And, quite frankly I am really over Democrats with their arms folded standing there with an angry look on their face angled away from Republicans, who are standing there doing the same thing. .

Not me. I'm getting an enormous kick out of MSNBC going to extremes trying to parse everything Trump does into the evil they expected. "He said he likes and respects President Obama and thinks he loves the country and did a good job and means well and asks him his counsel and takes his advice????"

"Uhhhh.......errrr......uhm........wha???????"

They can't make heads nor tails of him meeting with Gore.

They can't even begin to conceive of him actually choosing Romney Sec State.

They can't talk about Carrier without the reminder of how UN-free market it was and how SOME jobs are still leaving actually making it sound like things were better when they were ALL going to be lost.

This nicey nice tone he's using these days is driving them to distraction. "Don't you wanna call us a name or something?????? Come on!!!!"

The stock market boom is just deflating them.

They can't figure out how to make it look bad that he is poking China in the ass.

That Trump sold his stocks last summer and DIDN'T tell them is, somehow, an outrage.

His Twittering and ability to simply go around the media is driving them mad.

And he has an answer for every trap question they ask; he ignores it and tells them how great things are.

And, the contrast between 8 years of virtual silence from Obama is breath taking. Add to that the silence of Hillary during the campaign.

He has seized the imitative and is just running with the ball and they're trying one thing after another to try and and be relevant.

This_person

Y'all better start ratcheting back your expectations sooner rather than later. Even getting rid of violent illegals is problematic. Is it really intelligent to send them back not knowing if they'll just be let out again or not only to come right back over the border?
You're saying the same thing Merlin did here.

The wall is problematic because, as was recently said, for every 8' wall there is a 9' ladder and for every 9' wall a 10' ladder. Or tunnel. And a LOT of the land along the border is private.

If the wall were the singular method of cutting down on illegal immigration, you would have a point. Holding people back that walk over is a start, but not a singular solution. Trump himself has even discussed people overstaying visas, etc., that are significant parts of the problem. Knowing this, a multi-pronged approach that includes physical border security actually does make sense. It's not THE solution, it is part of a solution to limit (not eliminate) illegal immigration.

Next, YUUUUGGGEEEE numbers of illegals are working, paying taxes, paying rent, buying food, cars, gas, beer and so forth. Their bosses love them, their landlords and local small business's do as well.

Some people made money off of Bernie Madoff; does that make what he did ok?

For every million we 'send' back, you're talking about something along the lines of $20 BILLION in lost income, assuming merely $10 an hour, that isn't going to the aforementioned economic activity and then there is the direct loss to business that has to hire some American who doesn't want the job to begin with so, at best, he will cost more and do less. At worst, he'll cost a lot more and do a lot less. Given labor costs average somewhere between 15-30% of gross sales, at present a $10 an hour illegal is producing something like 3 to 7 times his labor, so, if an American costs double and does half the work, that $20 billion loss is going to be perhaps $70-80 billion extra cost per million.

With a workforce participation rate that is as low as it has been in since about 1978, I'd say people will do the work. When they do, they'll pay taxes, pay rent, buy food, cars, gas, bear, and so forth. That's how that works. OH, and they'll do it on their dime, not taxpayer money - win-win. OH, and the ones who are here illegally and taking the taxpayers' dimes will stop that, too. Win - win - win.

So, is he going to actually do something that, demonstrably, will cost about $100 billion PER million illegals run off?

I dunno. Maybe so.

First, this is just biased (if not fake) fear-mongering. Second, doing the right thing is often more expensive than doing the wrong thing. It is harder to work for your money than steal it, but you do work for your money. Why? By your logic, you should be a thief.

glhs837

Power with Control
Nice way to tie all the things together, into one huge bundle that means you cant do anything, Larry. First, again, like I said, you do NOT lump the entire illegal immigration problem together, that way lies gridlock and nothing getting done.

I think I pointed out a simple way to incentivize govts that can't keep the trash in the bin to do so. As with most things, you use the power of the purse. Comply or you get no sugar from Uncle Sam.

As to your 9 foot wall, 10 foot ladder point, that's a fallacy also. Security is never 100% prevention, it's a deterrence. Every foot you add to the wall reduces the number of people willing to go get a bigger ladder. Same principle as auto or home security. You cannot make the unstealable car. What you make is a car so hard to steal that the thief doesn't try. someone can always get into any house. But you can make your house hard enough to get into that the burglar decides it's not worth his risk/time/effort.

Now, as to the millions here, engaging in everyday citizen activies, lets not worry about them yet. First, get rid of the rapists, the violent and the killers. Priority One, we can all agree on that. Then start the barriers and also getting some legislation that actually works for both those seeking temp employment and to immigrate. Reduce the need to cross illegally at the same time you restrict the routes to do so. We do need immigrants, but we need to control that flow. then, and only then, can you tackle how to integrate the ones already here. Path is too arduous, they blow it off. Too easy, and they have not paid proper respect to those who did it the legal way. But you cannot do nothing. Been doing that too long. We know amnesty doesn't work. We know mass deportation cannot work. Maybe something in the middle?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Nice way to tie all the things together, into one huge bundle that means you cant do anything, Larry. ?

That's not my intent. Trump sold everyone on this breezy 'just do it' Perot thing. Great. He got the job. Now comes the details. Frankly, I'm starting to get cautiously optimistic about the guy as being able to operate practically and aggressively on the national stage. Recent US leaders have had their heads all the way up the globalist asses and have forgoten we're the damn biggest customer on the planet and expect to be treated like it.

So, maybe he can do well and be productive. It just isn't going to be cut and dried.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
So, this is where we need to stop tying things we all can agree on with thing we cannot agree on. That way lies gridlock. So, we know there are violent criminals, we know we need to deport them. That can happen next week, given the will. Building the wall will take years. Do you propose we just wait for the former while the latter takes place? Tell the home govt that if we see their guy in the States again, it's %1 off whatever we give them in foreign aid. Lock them up back home, give them lives so great they don't want to come back here, feed them to piranha's, don't care. Not our circus, not our monkey. Their monkey, their solution. Keep your monkey at home or it's going to cost you.
I don't expect a physical wall to ever be completely built, I do expect that a whole lot of holes to be filled. I also expect that the border patrol will have a lot of their restraints removed. I would also expect that they would find a way to get the Mexican government involved in securing the border.

I've never actually expected a physical wall to be built. Every time he said 'build a wall', I imagined a figurative wall. Methods, processes, cameras, things to deter. It's unrealistic to expect a physical wall the entire US/Mexican border. Not saying it can't be done, just saying it's unrealistic.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I expect a wall unless he comes up with a better idea. I'm open to changing tactics, given new information and input. Anyone who plants their flag and refuses to budge no matter what is an idiot, and I'm pretty sure that even the most ardent Trump hating media whore has given up that meme.

Hijinx

If we have sanctuary states we should move all of the illegals out of the states that are not sanctuary and place them in those that are.
Load them up until they are happy.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Instead of the wall, we should build them a large prison complex in Mexico for their criminal element, and give prison jobs to the illegals we now have here just trying to earn a living. Win-win!

We could probably save enough in wall (re)construction costs and gubberment handouts to illegals, to offset the cost of construction and manning of a prison facility on Mexican soil.

SamSpade

Please go back and read any of your posts this year that involved Hillary Clinton...your life must have really sucked...which was obvious.

Project much?
If you've read even one of her travel blogs for the past year or so, I'd say Dee Jay's life has almost been one long ride of party and fun.
Would that all our lives could SUCK so badly.

PsyOps

Pixelated
When your wife talks to another man do you immediately jump to "she's having an affair"?

:rolleyes:

Let me attempt to answer this really silly analogy. If my wife was talking to another man and I was there, heard the conversation why would I have a problem with it? If she met this man in private and refused to disclosed what they talked about, I might have reason to be suspicious.

Of course a relationship with a spouse is premised on trust built over years of living together. We don't have this luxury with a president-elect who has been on every side of near every issue.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
For every million we 'send' back, you're talking about something along the lines of $20 BILLION in lost income, assuming merely $10 an hour, that isn't going to the aforementioned economic activity and then there is the direct loss to business that has to hire some American who doesn't want the job to begin with so, at best, he will cost more and do less.

well damn, lets import another 25 million illegals - we will add 100 trillion to the economy

This_person

well damn, lets import another 25 million illegals - we will add 100 trillion to the economy

I worry sometimes that Larry thinks that is exactly how it works. It reminds me of when Pelosi said it is a good thing when people are on unemployment, because it puts more money into the economy than it takes out. Larry thinks we should put EVERYONE on a government paycheck, so I guess he agrees with that, too.