Something else someone can explain

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The only downside is that our justice system isn't perfect. At all. And there is always a chance (albeit small) that they get it wrong and accuse the wrong person.

Seeings how those who oppose the death penalty aren't making their argument, I'll make it for them;

100 man rule. Better 100 guilty men go free than one innocent man go to jail/be put to death, etc. This is a legacy of our founders and what life was like under a king where such concentrated power could readily and easily be abused. Our jury nullification tradition also come from this; if the community wants to let him off the hook, so be it.

Unfortunealty, a point that has SOME merit, has been bastardized all out of context and is used to ENSURE that guilty men go free. This comes from two schools of thought;

One says that no one is inherently evil and that OTHER forces are responsible for the actions of the individual. This is THE disease in liberalism and it expresses itself in the style of legislation preferred by the left; limits on speech they don't like, ban on other individual rights, including the second amendment, limits on property rights, war on the rich who can be no more responsible for actually having earned all that money than Charles Manson can actually be responsible for all that evil; the individual is not all that responsible thus the individual can be trusted only so much.

The other school of thought is a libertarian one; that the state can never be trusted to wield that much power; the power of life and death. This is pretty straightforward. Frankly, it's interesting to watch people on the right talk constantly about the ineptness and dysfunction and evils of government yet when it comes to properly and fairly trying and executing someone, we somehow think government could do this ultimate act of government power over the people just fine if only they'd hurry up abut it.

:lol:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
The only downside is that our justice system isn't perfect. At all. And there is always a chance (albeit small) that they get it wrong and accuse the wrong person. Then it could be an all out witch hunt. But, if they have valid evidence (dna, confession, multiple witnesses, videotape), then they should be put through excruciating pain and misery to the amusement (and monetary gain) of the people and government.
Wasn't Jesus crucified because of the overturned tables?
I agree that it isn't perfect and I agree that there must be clear evidence of DNA or confession or witnesses. I also think that public executions should be brought back to deter future criminals.
And NO, Jesus wasn't crucified because of overturned tables. :lmao: He was killed because, as a man, He claimed to be God and that is blasphemy.

Last edited:

heavenly was

we are not heathans like from the days of yore. the death penalty must be abolished completely. there is always the hope that a person might be rebiltated and no man is 100%^ evil. just like in star wars darth vader had some good left and we felt sorry for him when he died. even if a person beats a baby he probably did not think it would kill it. and if he did we need to send himi to rebil classes. that way he can get better and become a productive member in our community

This_person

we are not heathans like from the days of yore. the death penalty must be abolished completely. there is always the hope that a person might be rebiltated and no man is 100%^ evil. just like in star wars darth vader had some good left and we felt sorry for him when he died. even if a person beats a baby he probably did not think it would kill it. and if he did we need to send himi to rebil classes. that way he can get better and become a productive member in our community
You know Star Wars was a movie, not a documentary, right?

If someone is an adult and hasn't already learned that beating a baby to death is a bad thing to do, what kind of class do you think will help them learn this life lesson?

heavenly was

You know Star Wars was a movie, not a documentary, right?

If someone is an adult and hasn't already learned that beating a baby to death is a bad thing to do, what kind of class do you think will help them learn this life lesson?

you still must believe there is the good in peopl.e maybe send them to jail and they would see its not a nice place. then educate people. did you ever take a class that said you should not kill someone? i did not. i mean i know not to. but maybe some people don't. but i dont have all the awnsers i am looking for more

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Is the the prevailing thought process for people who oppose the death penalty?

I have no desire to argue or try to change your mind - I'm simply curious. And I'd appreciate others not arguing, either, so I can get an answer to my question and understand the mentality.

This_person

you still must believe there is the good in peopl.e maybe send them to jail and they would see its not a nice place. then educate people. did you ever take a class that said you should not kill someone? i did not. i mean i know not to. but maybe some people don't. but i dont have all the awnsers i am looking for more
Edit: post removed per Vrai's previous post :lol:

JULZ

BFJ
I know there are some of you who are vehemently against the death penalty.

Why?

When someone beats a 14 month old baby to death, what is the point of wasting jail space on them? Why not give them the needle and be done with them? Free up that cell for someone who might actually get out some day?

I don't want to hear about cost of incarceration vs. execution - the only reason execution costs so much is because of the appeals process, insisted upon by you all who are vehemently against the death penalty. Otherwise it would be significantly less expensive.

So what's the point? Seriously?

I am completely for the death penalty. My question is why when one is sentenced to death it takes years and years to actually get them put down?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I am completely for the death penalty. My question is why when one is sentenced to death it takes years and years to actually get them put down?

I think it is appeal after appeal after appeal.

There have been cases throught the years where innocent people have been released from death row based on new evidence or current DNA testing that wasn't around 20 or 30 years ago. How can we truly be certain the right person is always going to prison?

Vince

I have no desire to argue or try to change your mind - I'm simply curious. And I'd appreciate others not arguing, either, so I can get an answer to my question and understand the mentality.
Won't argue. I cannot understand the mental process either, but then I can't understand the way liberals think anyway because their thought processes do not involve common sense or good judgement. :confused:

Last edited:

GSXR_MOE

Adding Diversity to SOMD

Your Joking, right??? Please tell me you are just here trying to ........:elaine:

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
I know there are some of you who are vehemently against the death penalty.

Why?

When someone beats a 14 month old baby to death, what is the point of wasting jail space on them? Why not give them the needle and be done with them? Free up that cell for someone who might actually get out some day?

I don't want to hear about cost of incarceration vs. execution - the only reason execution costs so much is because of the appeals process, insisted upon by you all who are vehemently against the death penalty. Otherwise it would be significantly less expensive.

So what's the point? Seriously?
Personally I think when they are convicted of their crimes they should be taken out back and shot right there. Taxpayer expense ends with one shot right after court!!!!

PsyOps

Pixelated
I really think the government should start a gladiator arena. Gather up all people who have commited a violent crime, give them a knife, and drop them in. Charge people $1000 to sit and watch, and let them go at it until only one person is left.

Then gas him.

$1000! :smack:

You're sure not for the little guy you capitalist pig! :smack:

How does $10 sound?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
:doh:
Then why aren't all criminals who DO NOT get the death penalty rehabilitated?!!

Answer: Because they know about bleeding heart liberal judges (your party) who will let them off in court on GOOD BEHAVIOR.

No man is 100% evil????:jameo: I guess Hitler was a saint under his madness??? Yeah, OK, I'm sure you're right....:smack:
I'm really curious about your screen name. Actually, I'm worried. Care to explain it to us?
LIBERALISM HAS AND WILL CONTINUE TO DESTROY LAW & ORDER IN AMERICA!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
:bs: Ever hear of John Frederick Thanos, Flint Gregory Hunt, Tyrone Delano Gilliam, Jr., Steven Howard Oken, or Wesley Eugene Baker? I bet that they (if they hadn't got the needle) would disagree with you on the above claim.

What date did the last one of them get the big prick??

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Well according to Heavenly Was I think you got you answer as to Mentality..

If she represents the Anti-Death penalty crowd, she's suggesting they are all Morons..

using STAR WARS in defense of your argument?? REALLY??