Sonic...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's not just Sonic. To this day if my wife and I are heading out of the county on Rt5, we bypass McDonald's in Leonardtown and stop at the one in Charlotte Hall because the service has been traditionally bad in Leonardtown. They may have great service now, but old habits are hard to break.

Nope...service is still the same joke it always was.

The Wendy's in Lex Park has always been a local fast food anomaly. I've been eating there regularly since about 1987 (my office was just up the street a bit back then) and the same gal still runs it with the same efficiency and attention to food quality both. I think she owns it actually...

lovinmaryland

It has to be a matter of training. Everyone is hiring from the same pool of people (Southern Maryland area) yet Chik Fil A is the only fast food place who has it down to a science. I'm sure there have been bad experiences here and there but its extremely rare compared to other places (McDonalds, Sonic, Wendys, etc...) where its an almost every time occurrence.

beamher

I don't see the attraction for that place, except that in this area, it's one of a kind - the only place to go to a walk up or drive through for ice cream, made on the premises.

Beyond that, the ice cream is way too sweet, and horrendously overpriced. I can buy about the most expensive ice cream from a store and STILL beat what they charge.

I'm with you on that! I also had a screw up here. I got home to enjoy my treat and it was the wrong ice cream:evil: I will stick to the Donut Connection (if that's the correct name)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't see the attraction for that place, except that in this area, it's one of a kind - the only place to go to a walk up or drive through for ice cream, made on the premises.

Beyond that, the ice cream is way too sweet, and horrendously overpriced. I can buy about the most expensive ice cream from a store and STILL beat what they charge.

I agree with you. Besides, I barely have a sweet tooth. I have quite a few freebie coupons for Bruster's. Even with those, I still hardly ever go there. I drive by it at least twice a day, if not more, and I can't even remember the last time I stopped in there. :lol:

I like Brusters, but there are times you want soft serve, not hard pack. Last time I went to Brusters I got a banana split. Got home with it.... no bananas!! :jet:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I like Brusters, but there are times you want soft serve, not hard pack. Last time I went to Brusters I got a banana split. Got home with it.... no bananas!! :jet:

Aren't you supposed to bring your own?

bilbur

It has to be a matter of training. Everyone is hiring from the same pool of people (Southern Maryland area) yet Chik Fil A is the only fast food place who has it down to a science. I'm sure there have been bad experiences here and there but its extremely rare compared to other places (McDonalds, Sonic, Wendys, etc...) where its an almost every time occurrence.

I believe the difference is that Chik Fil A seems to hire high school or college aged people and the other places in the area have a lot of people older then me, and that is old. If you are in your 40's and working fast food something probably went wrong in your life and you will not have the best attitude. There are exceptions, people that work fast food because they really don't need the money and are just looking for something to do but I would bet money the majority of over 30 workers are there because that is the only job they could get. Another reason the attitudes and service is bad in this area is there are a plethora of more professional jobs people can do without experience and a criminal record in this area. This means that fast food is scraping the bottom of the hiring pool for their workers in some cases. Don't get me wrong, I worked some crappy jobs in my teens and early 20's but as soon as a chance to get in with a contractor became available I jumped on it. That was 25 years ago when there were not as many contractors now there are dozens of job postings that say entry level in the help wanted section. Other areas might not have those opportunities for young people so fast food has a better pool of employees to choose from.