Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Spank em if you have to

Votes: 28 90.3%

• Total voters

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
I'm ALL for a butt-smack however, I seldom have to do this with my daughter. I use the "1-2-3" method and that has seemed to work well. :biggrin:
I use that too, or the "don't make me come over there, or get up, or whetever seems to fit at the time... I also start saying tick-tock-tick-tock and it usually gets her attention fast because she wants to know what I am saying. I then remind her that time is running out before she's in trouble.

SxyPrincess

Ok, what's going on with this thread? It wouldn't let me quote Kyle's joke. :confused: I didn't want it to seem like I was laughing at Rose's remark.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since my kids are older, I don't have to worry about them acting like jerks in public so much. If they do, I just say something like "Do you know, you should be really embarrassed that all these people are watching you behave like this at your age." Or "Isn't that (some cute boy) from your school over there?" Shuts 'em right up.

Our big bugaboo is that they're a bunch of slobs! Makes me crazy! So I come in the house from work, all these pigs are lying in my living room, surrounded by their debris. I start barking orders like a drill sargeant until order has been restored and then start doling out chores. Sometimes I like it when they're acting stupid because I get more housework out of them!

We don't have big issues with them like drugs or sex or like that - just that they're slobs. And they have this disrespectful teenage tone of voice that gets them in trouble - you parents of teenagers know the one I mean.
:duh:

J

justhangn

I'm ALL for a butt-smack however, I seldom have to do this with my daughter. I use the "1-2-3" method and that has seemed to work well. :biggrin:

Ahh yes, the parenting class that me and mine went to said to do this. My daughter just looks at us like "yea, stop trying to show off you two, I can count too"

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ok, what's going on with this thread? It wouldn't let me quote Kyle's joke. :confused: I didn't want it to seem like I was laughing at Rose's remark.
I thought about it a second and moved it to the Jokes section. Sorry about that Sxy.

romance

One of the sinners
I say spank them if you to.

Sometimes my girls won't listen at all. I tell them 190 times not to do something and they keep doign it, even with putting them in "time-out" or putting them to bed. As soon as they get up they go right back at it. Sometimes, being spanked is the only thing that can get through to them.

WV CPS says as long as it's open handed swatting on the behind without leaving marks it's ok to do. WE don't leave marks and bruises so, I see no harm in it, if nothing else will work.

On another note, the bible does say, spare the rod, spoil the child. Even though I am not a church going, bible thumper, I do believe in the saying.

J

justhangn

:lmao: I've tried that before--my daughter started helping throw her toys away.

:roflmao: :roflmao: Parental abuse I tell ya.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by romance
On another note, the bible does say, spare the rod, spoil the child. Even though I am not a church going, bible thumper, I do believe in the saying.

There is HUGE debate is that quote.

Personally, I use the whack as a last ditch effort MOST of the time, but at times, the crime calls for a harsh sentence to be carried out Immediately, as said before by another.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by BchBns

:roflmao: I can't believe they have established guidelines for just how much is okay to spank your kids ... I'm curious about how one goes about finding out just at what speed and with how much force is the bruise/mark left on the kid ... I'm having these images of town meetings where the mayor is demonstrating how to properly spank your child with his/her own kid :lmao:

I know a few parents I'd like to see being used as the "swat dummie". :biggrin:

romance

One of the sinners
Jaime just says get and do and they get and do. I don't understand the difference but they listen to him better. Some people say it's a matter of a "masculine" voice versus mine. I think they just know he has very little patience for them acting up, where I I'll ignore some but not all.

There are times when he will put them to bed that it doesn't help solve the situation so the next step is spanking. I tell him all the time, he wants to raise MARINES not kids.:biggrin:

romance

One of the sinners
The WIC office here gave out papers from CPS when I had Rachel on WIC. It gave us guidelines of punishment. Or morealess, how to raise our own kids.

I presonally think it should be up to the parents. NOw say a 6 year old kid goes out to the building or to the car or whatever and huffs gas. Ok my opinion, beat the kids within an inch of life. If the kid is doing something potentially harmfulor fatal to himself/herself, or others, I think he should be servely punished.

romance

One of the sinners
I'm glad it's not just in my house then, Bch. It gets annoying when I say something, they don't do it. When he says it, they jump and run.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Romance, it's the "intimidation factor". Jaime is probably bigger than you, he has a deeper voice than you and they're not as familiar with him - meaning they know just about where the Mommy line is but maybe not so sure with Jaime. Ever notice that little kids will behave better for someone who's not their parent? It's because they don't know where that "line" is - I'm convinced of it.

And I want to raise Marines, too!
:roflmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
We don't have big issues with them like drugs or sex or like that - just that they're slobs. And they have this disrespectful teenage tone of voice that gets them in trouble - you parents of teenagers know the one I mean.
:duh:
A new study was just released that kids that have a close bond with their monther's tend to not do drugs or have early sex. Sounds like you have done a great job Blondie! :clap:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by romance
I'm glad it's not just in my house then, Bch. It gets annoying when I say something, they don't do it. When he says it, they jump and run.
My daughter will be told over and over again occassionally, so if Daddy grabs his belt and snaps it, she hightails it and does exactly as she is told. BTW, she has NEVER been struck with the belt or anything else.