spider bite?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
What did I tell you about using dirty needles? j/k :huggy:

Bee or wasp sting? I got stung by a wasp when I was probably 8 or 9 and it left me with a hole that big in my calf. I still have a scar.

ShyGirl

daisycreek said:
you really should go see a dr. that doesnt look good... and u dont want it to develop into a systemic infection... in the mean time smother it with neosporin

Just a word of caution - if it is infected and you smother it with neosporin, you might force the infection deeper into your body. Go see a doc. :huggy:

SoMDGirl42

Go see a doc, soon! It looks like you've already developed a bad case of cellulitis. Regardless if it's a tick bite, spider bite, vampire bite..... you need a strong dose of antibiotics for the cellulitis. Don't wait too long, cellulitis can be an extremely serious condition.

What is cellulitis?
Cellulitis is a skin infection caused by bacteria. The infection extends into the tissues below the outer layer of skin (subcutaneous tissue). It most often develops anywhere the skin has been broken-often from a cut, burn, or an insect bite. The infection spreads from the skin to underlying tissues. In severe cases, it can spread quickly, within hours or days. Cellulitis is usually not contagious.

What causes cellulitis?
Cellulitis is caused by bacteria (usually Streptococcus or Staphylococcus). Some people are at risk for infection by other types of bacteria that result in cellulitis. At-risk groups include people with impaired immune systems and people who handle fish, meat, poultry, or soil without using gloves.

What increases my risk of cellulitis?
You may be at increased risk for cellulitis if you have:

A cut or injury to the skin, a surgical wound, a skin infection, a burn, or an animal or insect bite.
Skin lesions, such as ulcers, eczema, psoriasis, or a fungal infection such as athlete's foot. One study found that inflammation caused by toes rubbing together (toe-web intertrigo) is often a cause of cellulitis in the leg, and that treating this skin inflammation could prevent cellulitis.1
Certain medical conditions, such as a circulatory disease, fluid buildup in the body tissues (edema), an impaired immune system, diabetes, peripheral arterial disease, or being overweight.
Impaired lymphatic drainage or blood circulation after surgery, such as after having a breast removed (mastectomy) or having a vein removed from your leg for use in coronary bypass surgery.2, 3
Liposuction, which is a procedure to remove excess fat tissue.3
Injected illegal drugs under your skin.3
What are the symptoms of cellulitis?
Cellulitis can cause tenderness, pain, swelling, and redness at the site of the infection. Fever and chills are also common. Cellulitis can occur anywhere on the body. In adults, it often occurs on the legs, face, or arms. In children, it commonly develops on the face or around the anus. Facial infection requires immediate medical attention; antibiotics can help prevent a potentially dangerous eye infection.

Are there complications of cellulitis?
Complications such as bacteremia (presence of bacteria in the blood) or sepsis (body's response to widespread infection) can develop if the bacteria that cause cellulitis spread quickly through the body. Facial cellulitis infection can spread to the brain (meningitis). Other complications, such as thrombophlebitis or, rarely, gangrene, can also develop. If you are an older adult, have certain medical conditions such as diabetes or peripheral arterial disease, or have an impaired immune system, you are more likely to have complications. Your chances of the cellulitis coming back may also be higher.

How is cellulitis treated?
Antibiotics are the main treatment for cellulitis and are usually successful in curing the infection. Antibiotics can be taken either by mouth or intravenously (IV). If you have certain medical conditions that increase your risk of getting cellulitis, you can take antibiotics after a skin injury to help prevent the infection.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Biscuit's cellulitis from a groundhog bite....

Attachments

• stuff9.jpg
    stuff9.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 93

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Hey, Jack, you should make me some of your delicious marinated shrimp skewers before you die, seeing as you got a nasty-azz bite there on your arm left untreated.

You probably don't have much time left, so get to cookin'. :yum:

Two pix of spider bites. If it gets much worse head to the Dr.
One of these was a house spider, the other one a brown recluse.

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
BadGirl said:
Hey, Jack, you should make me some of your delicious marinated shrimp skewers before you die, seeing as you got a nasty-azz bite there on your arm left untreated.

You probably don't have much time left, so get to cookin'. :yum:

That's his left arm?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The Jackoholic said:
how many think this might be a spider bite?
My ex had a similar bite and the ER doc at the time thought it was a Brown Recluse bite. Left a hell of a scar.

Mark the red area with a marker so you can see if it grows.. In her case it was cellulitis (venom killing the tissue) the doc cut it open, drained it, and removed the dead tissue.

You're still talking to us, so the chances are good it wasn't a black widow.

You don't have a red line leading away from the wound site yet do you??

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
BS Gal said:
That's his left arm?
Arm? Leg? Eh, who knows. All that hair made me want to turn my head away quickly, so I didn't get a look at the appendage that was bitten.

D

dems4me

Cellulitus is very painful and often inflamed. I believe Jack said the skin around it (the pink area) didn't feel warm to the touch when Sharon asked him ealier :shrug:

M

missperky

SoMDGirl42 said:
Go see a doc, soon! It looks like you've already developed a bad case of cellulitis. Regardless if it's a tick bite, spider bite, vampire bite..... you need a strong dose of antibiotics for the cellulitis. Don't wait too long, cellulitis can be an extremely serious condition.

What is cellulitis?
Cellulitis is a skin infection caused by bacteria. The infection extends into the tissues below the outer layer of skin (subcutaneous tissue). It most often develops anywhere the skin has been broken-often from a cut, burn, or an insect bite. The infection spreads from the skin to underlying tissues. In severe cases, it can spread quickly, within hours or days. Cellulitis is usually not contagious.

What causes cellulitis?
Cellulitis is caused by bacteria (usually Streptococcus or Staphylococcus). Some people are at risk for infection by other types of bacteria that result in cellulitis. At-risk groups include people with impaired immune systems and people who handle fish, meat, poultry, or soil without using gloves.

What increases my risk of cellulitis?
You may be at increased risk for cellulitis if you have:

A cut or injury to the skin, a surgical wound, a skin infection, a burn, or an animal or insect bite.
Skin lesions, such as ulcers, eczema, psoriasis, or a fungal infection such as athlete's foot. One study found that inflammation caused by toes rubbing together (toe-web intertrigo) is often a cause of cellulitis in the leg, and that treating this skin inflammation could prevent cellulitis.1
Certain medical conditions, such as a circulatory disease, fluid buildup in the body tissues (edema), an impaired immune system, diabetes, peripheral arterial disease, or being overweight.
Impaired lymphatic drainage or blood circulation after surgery, such as after having a breast removed (mastectomy) or having a vein removed from your leg for use in coronary bypass surgery.2, 3
Liposuction, which is a procedure to remove excess fat tissue.3
Injected illegal drugs under your skin.3
What are the symptoms of cellulitis?
Cellulitis can cause tenderness, pain, swelling, and redness at the site of the infection. Fever and chills are also common. Cellulitis can occur anywhere on the body. In adults, it often occurs on the legs, face, or arms. In children, it commonly develops on the face or around the anus. Facial infection requires immediate medical attention; antibiotics can help prevent a potentially dangerous eye infection.

Are there complications of cellulitis?
Complications such as bacteremia (presence of bacteria in the blood) or sepsis (body's response to widespread infection) can develop if the bacteria that cause cellulitis spread quickly through the body. Facial cellulitis infection can spread to the brain (meningitis). Other complications, such as thrombophlebitis or, rarely, gangrene, can also develop. If you are an older adult, have certain medical conditions such as diabetes or peripheral arterial disease, or have an impaired immune system, you are more likely to have complications. Your chances of the cellulitis coming back may also be higher.

How is cellulitis treated?
Antibiotics are the main treatment for cellulitis and are usually successful in curing the infection. Antibiotics can be taken either by mouth or intravenously (IV). If you have certain medical conditions that increase your risk of getting cellulitis, you can take antibiotics after a skin injury to help prevent the infection.

I had that in Oct in my face/jaw. That crap hurts!

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
Whoa!!! Quick, jump on a wall and see if you stick to it. I saw this in a movie once. Let me know what happens.

Toxick

Splat
The Jackoholic said:
how many think this might be a spider bite?

Looks like a botfly was in there.

Go to YouTube and do a search on botfly.
Then tell me if what you see looks familiar.