St Clement's Crossing/Great Mills Rd

littlegirl

Reiki Practitioner
Hi Everyone,
I am thinking of relocating to Somd, and was wondering what the St Clements Crossing area was/is like now. I have been out of the area about 5 yrs. Is it "safe" enough to try to raise my two kids in? TIA for any info.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Hi Everyone,
I am thinking of relocating to Somd, and was wondering what the St Clements Crossing area was/is like now. I have been out of the area about 5 yrs. Is it "safe" enough to try to raise my two kids in? TIA for any info.

Great Mills Road has not improved at all. It's has gotten worse over the years. Flat Top has been torn down.

Edit: I just found out where St. Clements Crossing is. It's on GMR. All I can say is stay away from GMR.

Last edited:
K

Kain99

Hi Everyone,

North St. Marys or Calvert. GM road area has gone to ####.

littlegirl

Reiki Practitioner
Thanks StrawberryGal, looking for something a single mom can afford but not be scared the death all the time

littlegirl

Reiki Practitioner
thanks Kain, thought of Calvert. but hate that durn bridge in the winter, and crashes, and jumpers, etc :)

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Thanks StrawberryGal, looking for something a single mom can afford but not be scared the death all the time

You're welcome.

I think I know who you are.

There's wildewood condos (old ones) that is more affordable for single mothers. There's alot of affordable places. You just have to search the housing website to get the full list.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
If your children are in the grades K-7, I HIGHLY recommend getting them on the list for the Chesapeake Public Charter School. No matter where you live in St Mary's County, your children can go to this school if they get in.

As far as where to live, there are several places south of the base as well as off Willows Road that you wouldn't feel threatened to live.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Southern St. Marys (south of GMR or Hermanville Rd) sounds like something for you.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Hi Everyone,

I have lived in many "trailers" but I would never live there with young children. JMHO

In fact stay away from the Great mills rd area all together.

glitch

Devil's Advocate
It's not just Great Mills anymore. I lived in the Greens for a while and now that place has even gone down the drain. My advice, stay out of walking distance from the Park. We're renting a nice condo in Wildewood. Love it! You should see if there are any of those available. Lots of kids and definitely a safe neighborhood.

littlegirl

Reiki Practitioner
I guess San Souci is out of the question, right? I see lots of homes for sale or rent there, but I remeber that was getting a bit rough.

Beta84

They're out to get us
It's not just Great Mills anymore. I lived in the Greens for a while and now that place has even gone down the drain. My advice, stay out of walking distance from the Park. We're renting a nice condo in Wildewood. Love it! You should see if there are any of those available. Lots of kids and definitely a safe neighborhood.

The Greens sucks, but alot of the other stuff in that general vicinity off of Willows is good. South of the base and Hermanville is all fine. Then north of the Park is good too. There's just that one general area that's pretty cruddy.