St John's Pharmacy VS CVS

LtownTaxpayer

CVS has agreed to buy Target's pharmacy and clinic business. The pharmacies in Target stores will be rebranded as CVS pharmacies and owned and ran by CVS.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/cvs-to-buy-targets-pharmacy-business-for-1-9-billion-1434367874

Looks like we will be moving our business to St. Mary's Pharmacy (http://www.stmaryspharmacyllc.com/). CVS screwed up our prescriptions too many times and didn't actually order our special prescriptions too many times to trust them again.

bilbur

Looks like we will be moving our business to St. Mary's Pharmacy (http://www.stmaryspharmacyllc.com/). CVS screwed up our prescriptions too many times and didn't actually order our special prescriptions too many times to trust them again.

This is why I refuse to go to them again and now that Target is changing over I will have to change to Giant. I do not understand why they still have customers with the way I was treated and the way I witnessed them treating other people. I guess for people who only go there periodically or get a standard prescription that they always have in stock it is not as noticeable. For the rest of us they make you feel like you are bothering them sort of like; how dare you ask me politely if I will order something we don't have in stock but you need to stay alive. Then I am told to check back in 2 weeks and maybe they would have it. Not that they will miss it but they won't get another dime out of my pocket.

SG_Player1974

Wife recently got a script from her doctor. Went to pick it up and was told that "They are waiting on a separate authorization from your doctor to the insurance company. You can pay out-of-pocket now and be reimbursed later if you want OR you have to wait 3 days to 3 weeks for the approval."

WTF?!!!

Sorry but, I was always under the impression that the doctor's PRESCRIPTION WAS THE AUTHORIZATION!!! Why else would the doctor prescribe it if he/she didn't authorize it??

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Wife recently got a script from her doctor. Went to pick it up and was told that "They are waiting on a separate authorization from your doctor to the insurance company. You can pay out-of-pocket now and be reimbursed later if you want OR you have to wait 3 days to 3 weeks for the approval."

WTF?!!!

Sorry but, I was always under the impression that the doctor's PRESCRIPTION WAS THE AUTHORIZATION!!! Why else would the doctor prescribe it if he/she didn't authorize it??

Might be they are seeking an authorization to use a generic vs a name brand.

JeJeTe

Happiness

WTF?!!!

It doesn't work like that with insurance companies. More than likely the prescription was expensive so the insurance company wants to ensure they absolutely have to pay for it. To do that, they require the dr calling them and telling them why you need it. It's called prior authorization. That's completely on the insurance company, not the pharmacy.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I've used CVS in Leonardtown for several years. I've never had a problem with them, only with my insurance co. dictating how I need to take my medicine. I had not heard that CVS is buying the Target Pharmacy.

SquirrelBait

Look at her SMILE

Becareful. I warn you now. After one visit you will start to feel like a customer and not a number. Start feeling like your time is worth something. Start feeling like they care about and your health plus your wallet. They let me know when drugs have coupons and when new Rx are out to replace my old ones that may not be working.

They send text when refills are ready. They send for Rx refill requests, no begging requirred.
They have a shop by Dick's, one north end of county and one by Salsa's in town

Last edited:

SoMDGirl42

WTF?!!!

When I came home from the hospital with a stack of prescriptions, I sent my daughter to the pharmacy with my debit card. When she came back and I asked how much, I was surprised it was "only" $300.00. Then she proceeded to tell me that one of the meds she didn't get filled because it was $4200 for 10 shots. :jet: We had to get special authorization from the doctor and insurance company to cover the injections, that cost me $60.00 every 10 days for 2 months. :faint: On top of the other $300.00 bill. Sucks when you get seriously ill.

Might be they are seeking an authorization to use a generic vs a name brand.

Actually, it's the other way round. If you can't use a generic and require a name brand, the insurance company require a doctor's note indicating that you can't use the generic because name brand is so much more expensive. That approval loop can take a few days.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Well pretty soon there will only be one Pharmacy in the area, CVS. It was announced the CVS is buying Target Pharmacy and will operate it as a store within a store.
Ha, just like when they merged with Thrift Drug and then all the Thrift Drug stores were closed.
My guess is that the pharmacy in Target will get closed with all the corporate CVS outlets in the area.

It looks like we'll be getting more consolidation in the drug store sector. Dow Jones is reporting that Wahlgreens is near a deal to buy Rite Aid.