St Mary’s county shooting

glhs837

Power with Control
That map don't make no damn sense.

Nope, but do you remember the big deal in the early 90s or so when they discovered that a lot of property in the county had been illegally subdivided and people "owned" lots that were not even legal plats? Since "what is Lexington Park and what isnt" was most likely laid out when stuff was even more Good Ole Boy say in the 50s or 60s, makes sense that it makes no sense.

glhs837

Power with Control
Especially the Great Mills PO is now in LP according to that map.

So when you google Great Mills and select map, that outline shows it as in GM. BUt when you do that for Lexington Park, the GM borders is right, but it cuts LXP off to the south at Hermanville Road. None of SLP shows up..... Off to the GIS I go :)

Ah, so go into the GIS (County Geographic Information System) and it gets even odder. Select the Zip Code and Town Labels lists on the layer selection (upper right corner) Then zoom in around the GReat Mills Road Rt 5 intersection. Looks like that area right at the post office is an island of Great Mills not connected to the larger part..... And that Southern GReat Mills actually goes down the south side of Flat Iron Road to encompass Deer Run and Greens Rest Farm Subdivision.....

Oh, and GReat Mills High SChool is another island of GReat Mills cut off from the rest.......

DannyMotorcycle

Is anyone surprised considering Hogan forced the state police to start handing out gun permits?

I'm guessing liberals have been eating a lot of mercury infected salmon over the years of numbing their few braincells becoming a CNN zombie.

It's good to see they're not stupid enough to like Hogan though. maybe there is hope.

3CATSAILOR

Never have been able to figure out how that particular area BELOW Park Hall is considered Lexington Park. BF lives across the road from you and down a bit closer to SMC and his area is considered Lexington Park.
Just south of St. James is somehow considered Lexington Park too. I have no idea why when it is just south of "St. James"! But, when I used to live there, my address said it was Lexington Park.

Tech

Just the name of the post office that handles your mail delivery. My hometown post office handled the delivery for three towns plus part of a fourth.