St Mary's Co bus driver arrested

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
desertrat said:
Most likely. Why bother to track down the exact bus?
That info was probably not released to protect the stupid girls that gave their phone number to a 40 yearl old perv.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
aps45819 said:
If I was the parent of one of those girls, I would take away their cell phones. Any teen girl that gives her phone number to a 40 year old bus driver is to stupid to have one.

:high5:

But I'm sure the girls will say "I don't know how he got my number"

I'm not saying what the guy did was right, but they girls should not have given out their number to a 40 year old man.

mommarock

kalmd said:
I saw this on the news. Yep, the tech center by LHS.

My mother in law, was telling me yesterday about a bus driver who was suspended for 2 days. One of the kids on the bus had a birthday and was bringing home leftover cake from school. The kids started throwing it at each other. The bus driver took the cake away and when the kid got off the bus, the bus driver through the cake out the door at her. The mother saw it and reported it and the driver got 2 days suspension. The kids on the bus got nothing.

I don't know what age the kids were, but I assume elementary.

I posted this in a previous thread. The kids were in middle school and they have several witnesses that have come forward and said no one was throwing cake.

Geek

MDTerps said:
:high5:

But I'm sure the girls will say "I don't know how he got my number"

I'm not saying what the guy did was right, but they girls should not have given out their number to a 40 year old man.

I am glad they did give their number to the driver. Now we know he is a pervert and he can't drive the bus anymore.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
carie_47421 said:
James A forrest Aka St marys county tech center beside LHS AND LMS. He was a driver to and from Great Mills HS

And I'm sure he had an elementary school route also. :shrug:

lovinmaryland

pingrr said:
Just like I have always said. These bus drivers now a days are sneeky and should not be trusted.

i wouldn't say they all are sneaky, BUT, i walked into my childrens school (the front office) and their bus driver was talking to the school secretary (loudly i might add) that "all the kids on her bus are little a$$holes and she needs a camera on her bus now because she can't take it anymore" i was appalled that she would be cursing like that right in the office especially with a parent standing there.

now i admitt it must be hard to drive a bus with kids all day everyday but, that is a choice to take that job if you can not handle being with kids... find another line of work.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
mommarock said:
I posted this in a previous thread. The kids were in middle school and they have several witnesses that have come forward and said no one was throwing cake.
Any adult witnesses other than the driver?? Or were the witnesses all students that were accused of throwing the cake in the first place?

SoMDMama82

lovinmaryland said:
now i admitt it must be hard to drive a bus with kids all day everyday but, that is a choice to take that job if you can not handle being with kids... find another line of work.

OK.....I'm not siding with the driver for talking like that in the school with a parent in the same room, but I don't agree with the saying if they couldn't take it, find another job. I know quite a few bus drivers. They do enjoy their job, but like with ANY other job out there, there are times when it gets the best of them. Not to mention, this is all some have done for 15-20+ years. The kids have changed A LOT in that time. Parenting has changed. Many kids are unrespectable and uncontrollable nowadays. They offer no help (aids) to the normal busses, and these bus drivers often have over crowded buses full of these misbehaving kids. They have to pay attention to cars cutting them off, etc. on the road and babysit about 30+ kids at the same time. And many times, the teachers, principals, etc. give them NO respect. They do have a lot to deal with, and I respect them for what they do. School Bus drivers are very unappreciated, when they get your kids to school and back safetly every day. My friends mom is even sort of a mentor to her kids. They come and talk to her about a lot of things.

lovinmaryland

SoMDMama82 said:
OK.....I'm not siding with the driver for talking like that in the school with a parent in the same room, but I don't agree with the saying if they couldn't take it, find another job. I know quite a few bus drivers. They do enjoy their job, but like with ANY other job out there, there are times when it gets the best of them. Not to mention, this is all some have done for 15-20+ years. The kids have changed A LOT in that time. Parenting has changed. Many kids are unrespectable and uncontrollable nowadays. They offer no help (aids) to the normal busses, and these bus drivers often have over crowded buses full of these misbehaving kids. They have to pay attention to cars cutting them off, etc. on the road and babysit about 30+ kids at the same time. And many times, the teachers, principals, etc. give them NO respect. They do have a lot to deal with, and I respect them for what they do. School Bus drivers are very unappreciated, when they get your kids to school and back safetly every day. My friends mom is even sort of a mentor to her kids. They come and talk to her about a lot of things.

i understand where you are coming from, i know a lot of bus drivers also and it can be crazy with all those kids (heck it is crazy at times in my veh.with my kids) but there is no excuse to call kids little a$$holes. it is not right, especially with a parent in the office.

i deal with people every day and at times they drive me crazy but if i lost my cool infront of a customer i would be reprimanded, there was no attempt to even appologize for the language.

this is also the same bus driver who drops my kids off and she is chatting on her cell phone, and the music blasting how can she expect the kids to behave when she is not paying attention?

itsbob said:
Any adult witnesses other than the driver?? Or were the witnesses all students that were accused of throwing the cake in the first place?
Cell phone records should be easy enough to check.

SoMDMama82

lovinmaryland said:
i understand where you are coming from, i know a lot of bus drivers also and it can be crazy with all those kids (heck it is crazy at times in my veh.with my kids) but there is no excuse to call kids little a$$holes. it is not right, especially with a parent in the office.

i deal with people every day and at times they drive me crazy but if i lost my cool infront of a customer i would be reprimanded, there was no attempt to even appologize for the language.

this is also the same bus driver who drops my kids off and she is chatting on her cell phone, and the music blasting how can she expect the kids to behave when she is not paying attention?

Yeah, and I said I agreed with you on that part :huggy: I wouldn't want my child's bus driver calling the kids on her bus a$$holes infront of me either, I would be p*ssed off too. But I know they are intitled to their moments also, she just should have found somewhere else to vent. I do feel bad for those good bus drivers out there who put up with a lot of sh*t from the school, parents, and kids. Lots of respect for THOSE drivers!

mamissa3

I was wondering the same thing about how he got the phone numbers of these girls. Not defending him in anyway whatsoever, he was wrong and should be punnished.

lovinmaryland

SoMDMama82 said:
Yeah, and I said I agreed with you on that part :huggy: I wouldn't want my child's bus driver calling the kids on her bus a$$holes infront of me either, I would be p*ssed off too. But I know they are intitled to their moments also, she just should have found somewhere else to vent. I do feel bad for those good bus drivers out there who put up with a lot of sh*t from the school, parents, and kids. Lots of respect for THOSE drivers!
i agree with you :huggy: their previous bus driver was wonderful, i made her cookies and gave her christmas gifts etc... she retired ....and now we have atilla the hun. :jameo: i just hope she switches routes.

D

Dixie

pingrr said:
Just like I have always said. These bus drivers now a days are sneeky and should not be trusted.

Not all of them. My son's bus driver and her aide are as kind as they can be to the kids they drive. They've made up Christmas stockings, Halloween and Easter goodie bags, made CDs for my son, call if they're running late. They're
really terrific people. We're lucky we got them.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
75% of the bus drivers my daughters have had are irresponsible jerks. And it has nothing to do with putting up with "bad" kids. These women just have NO business driving school buses.

Talking on cell phones - the ENTIRE ride.

Excessively speeding.

Missing the turn for my childs bus stop, and instead of turning around, put her off on the side of a main and very busy road and told her to walk.

Not stopping at my kids stop and putting her off at other people's houses.

Putting her off on the side of a very twisty small back sideroad and making her walk the rest of the way because she didn't feel like stopping the bus again so soon. No sidewalks, several curves and people speed down this road like crazy.

Threatened to give my 5 year old a bus referral because she "wouldn't" (couldn't) tie her shoe. Thank God she has learned how to now.

Getting my 12 year old to middle school at least 15 minutes late EVERY Friday because the bus driver works a night job at a bar. She finally got replaced...

There are more - minor - things that I have had to put up with. This isn't the same driver either - it's been 3 or 4 different drivers. I call the transportation dept. over and over and over and they could care less. Sometimes the drivers change, but oftentimes they don't. I spoke to a bus driver one time and my oldest said it just made her worse. So, I don't do that anymore, since my kid has to deal with the jerks.