St. Mary's County School employee dress code!

sockgirl77

You have to realize when they leave the house they are dressed one way and that can change, particularly if they drive themselves to school.
In your example the young lady might have had a sweatshirt on when when her parent(s) saw her. She gets to school and ditches the cover. I know at Ryken the girls use to roll the top of their kilt down to shorten the skirt - Mom and dad didn't pay for a mini-skirt but little Susie figured out a way to convert that expensive kilt into one.

Not necessarily. Alot of parents buy their kid scandalous clothing. I see it every time I go to the mall.

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
If you want to look at it that way, since I'm an SMCPS employee and I pay taxes that makes me own boss. :yahoo: People have tried that argument many times and it just doesn't work. You pay taxes because you live in this state...period. That doesn't make you any state employees' boss...or in this particular case, county employees' boss. I can't being to count the number of times I've seen some uneducated redneck shouting that very same thing at a police officer as they're put under arrest. Doesn't work then...won't work now.

The federal government has little to nothing to do with education. It's run by the state governments and in most cases the local counties. Just thought I'd point that out.

And I'm also getting the feeling you know very little about how a unionized business/organization operates. SMCPS signed a contract with the union and part of that contract included a dress code. Attempting to force SMCPS employees to adopt a dress code outside of the one outlined in the contract would constitute a breach in said contract. I'm quit sure the union wouldn't hesitate for a second to take SMCPS to court over such a breach and would most likely win. So, in essence, you would be taking money away from your child's education attempting to pursue such a course of action.

If you actually wanted to do something about this issue you would have taken to advice I've already given you and gone and spoken to the site administrator for your child's school. He/she is your best contact point for raising such concerns.

Bottom line you work for the people and students of St Mary's County LIKE IT OR NOT! and by you supporting such acts you should be fired from your job and lead away in handcuffs.

awpitt

Main Streeter
You're quite welcome. I'm amazed how often people drift off on a tangent without being aware of the particular facts of a situation.

I'm always amazed at how some people gripe about the school system yet have probably never set foot in their kids school, never volunteered to help with any events, never met their kids teacher(s), never attended any SAINT, SIT or PTA meetings. There are things that I'm not happy about when it comes to the school system but I get involved. My kids' teachers know me. I volunteer to help with after school events. I'm aquainted with other parents and with members of the administration so when things come up, meetings take place and solutions can be found. It just takes more communication and less b!tching.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I've had kids in and have volunteered in Saint Mary's County schools since 1993 and I don't think I've ever seen a teacher dressed inappropriately. A little sloppy maybe, but not inappropriate. :shrug: