St. Mary's County Youth NFL Flag Football

youthfootball

On-line registration is now open the Spring 2010 Season.

St. Mary's County Youth NFL Flag Football is the premier youth football league for boys and girls ages 5-17. The program provides young players a fun and exciting opportunity to engage in non-contact, continuous action while learning lessons in teamwork. This league is an affiliate of the NFL and The Pax River Raiders Tackle football & Cheerleading league.

Please click here to be taken to our web-site St Mary's County Youth NFL Flag Football

In person Registration will be held at Chancellors Run Park & Leonard Hall Rec. Center on the following Saturdays from 9am-2pm.

Chancellors Run Park
Jan. 2nd & 23rd
Feb. 6th, 20th, & 27th

Leonard Hall Rec. Center
Jan. 9th & 23rd
Feb. 6th & 27th

All games will be played on Saturday's at Dorsey Park. Teams will practice at Lancaster Park, Dorsey Park & John Baggett Park. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, 301-862-4155.

Hope to see you on the field this Spring!

sockgirl77

And this would be the league my son played on, not SMYFFL. Great league!! We will be signing up this week. :yahoo:

sockgirl77

So, this post was meant for you...

I, for one, am so thankful that we participated in this league this season. It rocked and did not have the drama that the tackle leagues had in here. Can't wait until the spring. My boy's team won the Super Bowl. The only Redskins team that can get that far. :lol:

Walt_Kowalski

finelly

i guess you should be able to register ant recretion and parks soon to

St. Mary's Youth Football League Launched

Informational Meeting Set for Dec. 9

St. Mary’s County Department of Recreation and Parks and the Southern Maryland Youth Football League (SMYFL) have formed a partnership to build on the success of SMYFL’s 2009 season. The new program will be called the “St. Mary’s Youth Football League” and will begin play next fall.

In the new league, volunteer run youth football clubs will be established in communities throughout the County to handle player registration, fundraising, recruitment of coaches, and the formation of teams. Each club will enter their teams into age/weight divisions within the League. These existing SMYFL clubs - the Mechanicsville Braves, the Hollywood “Blue” Raiders and the Lexington Park Hornets -are all planning to participate in 2010.

League operations will be managed by Recreation and Parks staff working closely with a Board of Directors comprised of the presidents of each football club. Recreation and Parks will manage administrative functions such as scheduling, contracting with game officials, providing game day supervision, conducting player weigh-ins, and setting standards for sportsmanship.

Phil Rollins, Director, Recreation and Parks Department, believes this partnership will provide the needed long term stability and sustainability for a countywide youth football league. “Our Department is pleased to join an outstanding group of volunteers in offering a youth football program that provides a safe and positive sports environment for participants and their families,” he said.

An informational meeting for the St. Mary’s Youth Football League is scheduled for Wednesday December 9, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. at the Hollywood Recreation Center located in the old Hollywood Elementary School at 24400 Mervell Dean Road, Hollywood, MD 20636. All interested coaches, administrators, and parents are encouraged to attend.

For more information please contact Arthur Shepherd, Recreation Division Manager at 301-475-4200 x 1800 or arthur.shepherd@stmarysmd.com

sockgirl77

St. Mary’s County Department of Recreation and Parks and the Southern Maryland Youth Football League (SMYFL) have formed a partnership to build on the success of SMYFL’s 2009 season. The new program will be called the “St. Mary’s Youth Football League” and will begin play next fall.

In the new league, volunteer run youth football clubs will be established in communities throughout the County to handle player registration, fundraising, recruitment of coaches, and the formation of teams. Each club will enter their teams into age/weight divisions within the League. These existing SMYFL clubs - the Mechanicsville Braves, the Hollywood “Blue” Raiders and the Lexington Park Hornets -are all planning to participate in 2010.

League operations will be managed by Recreation and Parks staff working closely with a Board of Directors comprised of the presidents of each football club. Recreation and Parks will manage administrative functions such as scheduling, contracting with game officials, providing game day supervision, conducting player weigh-ins, and setting standards for sportsmanship.

Phil Rollins, Director, Recreation and Parks Department, believes this partnership will provide the needed long term stability and sustainability for a countywide youth football league. “Our Department is pleased to join an outstanding group of volunteers in offering a youth football program that provides a safe and positive sports environment for participants and their families,” he said.

An informational meeting for the St. Mary’s Youth Football League is scheduled for Wednesday December 9, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. at the Hollywood Recreation Center located in the old Hollywood Elementary School at 24400 Mervell Dean Road, Hollywood, MD 20636. All interested coaches, administrators, and parents are encouraged to attend.

For more information please contact Arthur Shepherd, Recreation Division Manager at 301-475-4200 x 1800 or arthur.shepherd@stmarysmd.com

Is this the same league? :confused:

youthfootball

Sorry wrong league my friend.

St Mary's County Youth NFL Flag Football

Callie girl

I can't wait! Two of my boys are going to play this season. This is last season for flag though for one of them and then comes tackle. I am not looking forward to that one.

sockgirl77

I can't wait! Two of my boys are going to play this season. This is last season for flag though for one of them and then comes tackle. I am not looking forward to that one.

My boy says that he wants to play tackle this fall. I hope that the league has their crap straight by then. I don't want him to play for Pax River Raiders because I don't have time to travel to Calvert.

Zguy28

i think so this just must be the flag part of the progarm.
No. You must live to intentionally confuse people because there is no way somebody can be as confused as you are. :howdy:

There are several Flag Football organizations in the Southern Maryland area:

SMYFFL (Charles County)

St. Mary's County Youth NFL Flag Football (Dorsey and Lancaster Park)

SMYFL Flag (northern St. Mary's County - Lettie Dent)

Callie girl

My boy says that he wants to play tackle this fall. I hope that the league has their crap straight by then. I don't want him to play for Pax River Raiders because I don't have time to travel to Calvert.

Yeah I feel the same way. I like this league but don't want to travel either. Ive held the oldest back for 3 seasons from tackle guess its time to let him try. I promised him he could play in the fall, I will just keep my eyes closed lol.

Walt_Kowalski

No. You must live to intentionally confuse people because there is no way somebody can be as confused as you are. :howdy:

There are several Flag Football organizations in the Southern Maryland area:

SMYFFL (Charles County)

St. Mary's County Youth NFL Flag Football (Dorsey and Lancaster Park)

SMYFL Flag (northern St. Mary's County - Lettie Dent)

end you are the grate cleerer upper yet you inteshionally forget the oldest league in the conty funny you say that all three are working together

angelbaby

If the county is taking over, I think they will all be traveling to Calvert for games. The Raiders are already part of the Calvert league so that won't change. From what I understand they arent being included in the county takeover anyway.

Walt_Kowalski

This is a reminder that our show will air tonight from 8pm - 9:30pm.

Please remember to call-in if you would like. 646-716-4358

We will be making a huge annoucement this evening about what has taken place between Southern County Youth Football & Cheerleading & St. Mary's Pigskins Football.

Our scheduled guest for this week will be on our show next week.

We will be giving an update on our NFL Flag Football League.

Our show will air from 8pm - 9:30pm.

If you would like to ask questions after we make our annoucement we will be more then glad to take your call.

Please listen to our show at Pax River Raiders on Blog Talk Radio

thjere all on and the same