St. Mary's Lake

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Think there is somewhere I can take my pit to have him help catch the piggies? I know they use them in other states to catch them..and he needs exercise and i would take some free bacon :buddies:

Tazgirl

We simply didn't know how to outreach to other trail users.

This brings up something I've been mulling for a while now...

It would be great to have a "friends of st mary's" organization that let us all coordinate when something concerning the lake needs to be done.

Any interest in something like that?

I don't ride the lake as much as I used to but I would come help with clean ups at anytime... I am always polite to bikers and hikers, I have even given some of the hikers kids rides on my horse. If I were not so short that I can't get back on my horse w/o steps I might even get off when he poops and clean it up.

All joking aside the lake is a wonderful place for all of us and I want to do my part to keep it going.

Tazgirl

Hi all. The local mountain bike group logged about 250 man hours of chainsaw work to clear the trails. Dnr took care of the rest. So it should be passable. There is still some smaller debris in the trail that might mess with a bike but shouldnt present a problem for you guys without spokes on your rides. ;)

A special thanks to the mountain bike group. You all are the greatest.

walkerman

I rode the lake on Sunday and was amaze at how many trees went down. To all those who spent hours clearing the trail, I say THANK YOU for a great job well done... if you do ride a horse go left from the park. The 1st big dig after you get in the woods from the dam is a little dangerous to cross...I am going back on Wed to work on that section, will keep you inform....
THANKS AGAIN FOR TIME CLEARING THE TRAIL....WALKERMAN

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Walkerman, Remax and I went around the lake today...must say I was amazed too at the amount of trees down..hundreds...Kudos to the bike club for a wonderful job...We got the big ditch done...my new $20 horse was da bomb...even stood at the side of a cliff while walkerman cut branches...she even slid down the steep bank to the water...may be worth $50 now...lol...Remaxs new guy was da bomb too...thanks again guys for a job well done

DeeCee

A horse of course!
Walkerman, Remax and I went around the lake today...must say I was amazed too at the amount of trees down..hundreds...Kudos to the bike club for a wonderful job...We got the big ditch done...my new $20 horse was da bomb...even stood at the side of a cliff while walkerman cut branches...she even slid down the steep bank to the water...may be worth $50 now...lol...Remaxs new guy was da bomb too...thanks again guys for a job well done
Me & You at St Mary's Lake Sunday....

You: Tell me when somebody's coming
Me 2 seconds later: Somebody's coming
You: Are you kidding?
Me: NO
You: uh tell them to wait a minute - can't stop now
Me: To late
:lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Me & You at St Mary's Lake Sunday....

You: Tell me when somebody's coming
Me 2 seconds later: Somebody's coming
You: Are you kidding?
Me: NO
You: uh tell them to wait a minute - can't stop now
Me: To late
:lmao:

:duel: Can't someone pee in the woods at a public park in peace? Good I had a fat horse and a fallen tree ball to hide behind..

DeeCee

A horse of course!
notice he didn't yell? i think because he was clawing at his eyes and yanking his hair to get the pic out of his head as he moved off. :frown:

:lol:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
notice he didn't yell? i think because he was clawing at his eyes and yanking his hair to get the pic out of his head as he moved off. :frown:

:lol:

I had just shaved :smoochy: honestly I was behind that tree ball and up under my horses belly...lol he did not see anything to make him claw at himself lol

mpopetz

St. Mary's Trail Group

Hi all,

Bumping this thread back up.

A while back I mentioned having an organization to help around the lake.

We've taken a couple steps in that direction and are going to form a 501 3 c under the umbrella of IMBA (International Mountain Bike Assoc).

I'd like to have a way to reach out to the horse crew when there is work to be done and hopefully get one or two of you guys as officers or on our board so we have all trail users represented.

How does one reach the horse community? Do you guys have a central group or org somewhere?

Send me your email addresses if you want to be on an announcement list for things going on or are interested in hearing more.

OUr current push is to expand the trail into the land between indian bridge and the lake, get those trails cleaned up, etc.

Marcus
marcus (at) cpopetz.com