Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

mainman

Set Trippin
vraiblonde said:
The Sith is a rogue order formed by a disgruntled Jedi Knight who didn't like the direction of peace the Jedi were taking. Long thought to be extinct, the Sith weren't taken serious by the Jedi Council, even after Qui Gon Jin reported a Sith attack on Tatooine.

Darth Sidious, the old dude in the cloak who shoots electric bolts out of his fingers, is the Sith Lord. Darth Maul, the dude with the red and black makeup (who didn't get nearly enough screen time after all the hype) is a Sith apprentice who was sent out to destroy the Jedi.
TY! :yay:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I beg your pardon. The old guy in the cloak who shoots electric bolts from his fingers is Emperor Palpatine, not Darth Sidious.

As Bresamil noted, they're the same man. Darth Sidious is the Sith name that Palpatine gave to himself when he embraced the dark side....much like Anakin took the name Darth Vader.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bresamil said:
One in the same chicka.
See, that's what I always thought but some Star Wars geek on another board told me that wasn't the case.

Wiki says that you are right, and what I thought was correct prior to about an hour ago is, in fact, correct. :yay:

H

HollowSoul

vraiblonde said:
I beg your pardon. The old guy in the cloak who shoots electric bolts from his fingers is Emperor Palpatine, not Darth Sidious.
they are one in the same

Pete

Repete
Saw it, it was good. I think CBS was correct in his assesment. My observations:

Despite being a turbo hottie Natalie Portman was horrible.

Despite being 2 foot tall, old and green Yoda kicks ass.

Anakin went over to the dark side to easily.

Obi Wan kicks ass.

Kicking a droids ass that has 4 light sabers to your 1 is cool.

The whiney kid who played Anakin didn't suck as bad as he did in the Attack of the Clones, but that is relative and he still sucked.

The best scene in the movie was hearing the first breath when they put the helmet on Darth Vader and heairng James Earl Jones voice.

$3 is too much for a box of gooobers.

Natalie Portman should have had a nude scene

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Obi-wan is totally hot.

Anakin was still a whiner but the actor looked MUCH better this time around, especially when he got out of bed and his more mature muscular body was seen. :really:

R2D2 is the secret star of the whole series.

Yoda is, and always shall be, the coolest little green dude ever.

And oh, I want one of those cool lizards Obi-wan rode on.

D

Dixie

I'm taking my son a week or two from now but would like to get him caught up with previous movies. I'm getting conflicting views on which way to watch, like watch Star Wars I then 4/5/6???? Then go see the movie. This was from someone who was dead serious about it so is there a 4/5/6??? Any suggestions?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Dixie said:
I'm taking my son a week or two from now but would like to get him caught up with previous movies. I'm getting conflicting views on which way to watch, like watch Star Wars I then 4/5/6???? Then go see the movie. This was from someone who was dead serious about it so is there a 4/5/6??? Any suggestions?
4/5/6 is the original trilogy

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?

Chronologically, the story unfolds in the following order:

Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
Episode 2: Attack of the Clones
Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith (this is the current one)
Episode 4: A New Hope (the original)
Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back
Episode 6: Return of the Jedi

Now, they were actually released a little backwards:

Episode 4: A New Hope (the original)
Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back
Episode 6: Return of the Jedi
Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
Episode 2: Attack of the Clones
Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith (this is the current one)

In essence, you should probably show your son the films in the order that they were released....

B

Bruzilla

I saw the movie yesterday, and I can't say as I agree with all of the acting assessments. I've seen all of the actors, save for the kid that played Anikin, and they're turned in some great performances. I think the "bad acting" isses lies with the bad writing and directing of George Lucas. He's been asked about his shortfalls in these areas, and he's come out and said that he doesn't care. He makes his movies the way he wants them made, and if someone doesn't like that, too bad.

My two issues with the movie were with Natalie Portman's portrayal of Padme. In Episode I she's a kick-ass, hard as nails queen, and now she's a simpering chick. Based on what we saw in Episode I, she should have been busy shoving Anakin's lightsaber up his back-darkside for even thinking about messing with the bad guys, and instead she's all "Oh please... its' so wrong... whaaaaa."

My second issue is how the heck did R2-D2 get onto Senator Organo's ship? He was told by Anakin to stay with their ship while Anakin went in and took it to the seperatists, then he's on the ship with C3PO. How did he get there?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Bruzilla said:
I saw the movie yesterday, and I can't say as I agree with all of the acting assessments. I've seen all of the actors, save for the kid that played Anikin, and they're turned in some great performances. I think the "bad acting" isses lies with the bad writing and directing of George Lucas. He's been asked about his shortfalls in these areas, and he's come out and said that he doesn't care. He makes his movies the way he wants them made, and if someone doesn't like that, too bad.

My two issues with the movie were with Natalie Portman's portrayal of Padme. In Episode I she's a kick-ass, hard as nails queen, and now she's a simpering chick. Based on what we saw in Episode I, she should have been busy shoving Anakin's lightsaber up his back-darkside for even thinking about messing with the bad guys, and instead she's all "Oh please... its' so wrong... whaaaaa."

My second issue is how the heck did R2-D2 get onto Senator Organo's ship? He was told by Anakin to stay with their ship while Anakin went in and took it to the seperatists, then he's on the ship with C3PO. How did he get there?

I just assumed ObiWan got him when he went back to Padme and C3PO

B

Bruzilla

There was one other issue, and not to sound like the comic book guy from The Simpsons but... in this movie they showed Chewbacca to be some senior officer in the Wookie Army, leading troops and fighting Seperatists. In Star Wars Episode 4 he's a bit of a pussy-cat when it comes to combat. I can understand how Lucas wants to show all of the characters in a pre-episode 4 mode, but I think he should have shown Chewbacca as a reluctant foot soldier rather than a senior general.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bruzilla said:
in this movie they showed Chewbacca to be some senior officer in the Wookie Army, leading troops and fighting Seperatists.
Well....maybe Chewbacca was so burnt out from this battle that he turned into a lover, not a fighter? Maybe he decided to mend his war-like ways and become a hippie? Maybe Han Solo was a bad influence on him, leading him down the path of self-centered greed instead of fighting the good fight?

It could happen :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pete said:
The best scene in the movie was hearing the first breath when they put the helmet on Darth Vader and heairng James Earl Jones voice.
I agree. The rest of it gets a double raspberry from me. :boo:

I'm annoyed by movies these days that rely too much on special effects and don't spend enough time developing their plot and characters.

The whole way Anakin turns to the dark side was just stupid. Larry made up a better plot during our 15 minute ride home.

The Jedi should have known that one of their own was being turned.

They should have felt the dark side with Palpatine, as much time as they spent with him.

And I still say they should have made it so Palpatine was Anakin's father, which would have explained a predilection toward evil.

The dialogue was just...:rolleyes: Too much pointless conversation.

The fight sequences are WAY too long and complicated. All those flashing lightsabers combined with all the activity going on in the background was too disorienting and you could hardly tell what was going on.

Padme dies in childbirth with nary a bead of sweat on her perfect brow and taupe eyeshadow freshly applied. Not to mention that the doctor says they must do emergency surgery to save the twins, yet Padme is clearly having a natural delivery. Little things like that irritate me.

I was disappointed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And when Anakin says, "If you're not with me, you're my enemy" it sounded strangely familiar......

Bogart

vraiblonde said:
And when Anakin says, "If you're not with me, you're my enemy" it sounded strangely familiar......
They actually did a story on that on the CNN.

My question is, why didn't C3P0 and R2D2 tell Luke that Darth Cheney was his father?