#&%* %^$# Starlings

Vince

gumbo said:
From what I understand , Those nasty azz Starlings don't build nests, they steal nests from other birds, then the Starling steals the hard working birds eggs. Then the nasty azz Starling lays it's eggs and abandons them to be raised by the hard working birds.

Male Blue Jay looking at Jr Jay :confused: Honey have you been cheating on me?

BTW: have a screen cap put on your chimney.
They probably aren't Starlings. Chimney swallows maybe.

W

WildHorses

gumbo said:
From what I understand , Those nasty azz Starlings don't build nests, they steal nests from other birds, then the Starling steals the hard working birds eggs. Then the nasty azz Starling lays it's eggs and abandons them to be raised by the hard working birds.

Not quite true. :howdy: While the Starlings will, at times, steal the nesting sites of other birds, they do not abandon their eggs. :flowers: The birds that will steal nests and abandon their own eggs are cow birds. :smack: This is because cow birds are migratory and follow herds of cattle, buffalo, etc. and can't be weighed down by the responsibility of having to care for their offspring. :faint: You know, come to think of it, I believe I know a few cow birds personally. :jameo: