Starmaker Learning Center

• Thread starter roscoe69@verizo
  • Start date

madMAX

QUOTE=sockgirl77;2378689]I know 3 ladies that work there. They've been there for a few years and are wonderful. If this is all true then it is disturbing. But, there has to be more to the story. I know a few people that have their kids there now and they love it.
BTW, is BAE close enough that they could hear a small child scream and hear exactly what they are saying? No.

Oh and the deck there is for the 1 year old and they cannot scream "let me in I don't want to be locked out. A CHILD THAT IS A YEAR AND A HALF CAN SPEAK AND FORM SOME PART OF SENTENCES AND WOULD KNOW IF HE/SHE WAS LOCKED OUT AND DIDNT WANT TO BE"[/QUOTE]

Well my best friend is a child care teacher and has been doing it for over twenty years and has been at the same center for over 15 years. She has many many stories about the teachers that she works with and the things that these teachers do. You would be so very surprised what happens in day care centers and the parents do not know. When something is brought to the director or cordinators attention, action is taken right away but I will say that it if and I reiterate IF a parent is told of whatever took place there is so much sugar put to the story that you would have a mouth full of rotten teeth when all was said and done. The turn over rate is huge as the workers are extermely underpaid. I can give stories that would make you sick to your stomach and funny thing :sarcasm: is, where my best friend works, it is for the county and it is mostly lawyers, judges, police and fire persons children that are in the center. I firmly believe that this should be reported, the director of the center is probably unaware of what was happening and I will say it again, there is no excuse for any child to be outside by him/herself.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I can give stories that would make you sick to your stomach and funny thing :sarcasm: is, where my best friend works, it is for the county and it is mostly lawyers, judges, police and fire persons children that are in the center. I firmly believe that this should be reported, the director of the center is probably unaware of what was happening and I will say it again, there is no excuse for any child to be outside by him/herself.

K.E.E.P. for Parks & Rec.?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I know 3 ladies that work there. They've been there for a few years and are wonderful. If this is all true then it is disturbing. But, there has to be more to the story. I know a few people that have their kids there now and they love it.
BTW, is BAE close enough that they could hear a small child scream and hear exactly what they are saying? No.

Oh and the deck there is for the 1 year old and they cannot scream "let me in I don't want to be locked out."
It doesn't matter. The OP thinks something screwy is going on, he should report it to OCC.

OCC will go out and say, "someone reported a child left out on a deck area unattended. Can you explain what happened?" They will either deny the whole thing, point out where/how the child was actually under strict supervision the whole time or say "oops we effed up." It's the center's word against the person filing a report with no proof, so if the center denies any wrongdoing or if they can explain it away, it's all good for them :yay: If they admit to an oops, they'll likely get a slap on the wrist and the offending employee gets disiplined.

Either way, the center is more aware of their employees' actions, at least for a time. If next week the same thing happens again, it becomes more serious.

If the OP doesn't report it and the same thing happens again next week and the child gets hurt, he will be kicking himself because they could have done something to stop it.

sockgirl77

It doesn't matter. The OP thinks something screwy is going on, he should report it to OCC.

OCC will go out and say, "someone reported a child left out on a deck area unattended. Can you explain what happened?" They will either deny the whole thing, point out where/how the child was actually under strict supervision the whole time or say "oops we effed up." It's the center's word against the person filing a report with no proof, so if the center denies any wrongdoing or if they can explain it away, it's all good for them :yay: If they admit to an oops, they'll likely get a slap on the wrist and the offending employee gets disiplined.

Either way, the center is more aware of their employees' actions, at least for a time. If next week the same thing happens again, it becomes more serious.

If the OP doesn't report it and the same thing happens again next week and the child gets hurt, he will be kicking himself because they could have done something to stop it.

If he/she did see something then they should report it. I'm just trying to figure out how they did see it from all that distance away with the woods seperating it. :shrug:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
If he/she did see something then they should report it. I'm just trying to figure out how they did see it from all that distance away with the woods seperating it. :shrug:
All what distance? The OP said his building was "adjacent" to the center. Where did he say he worked for BAE? Was that in another thread, because I admit I don't read half of what's here.

I understand your loyalty to the people caring for you child. That's commendable. If you didn't trust them, you'd better get your child out of there. But I also know that lots of stuff happens in daycare centers that the general public doesn't see and the overworked inspectors can't prove. If they don't even suspect it, how can they look for it?

fredsaid2

The road to one building follows the fence line of the rear of the Starmaker building. There are few trees. Many employees walk to and from the various BAE buildings. It would have been very easy to see what was going on.

sockgirl77

All what distance? The OP said his building was "adjacent" to the center. Where did he say he worked for BAE? Was that in another thread, because I admit I don't read half of what's here.

I understand your loyalty to the people caring for you child. That's commendable. If you didn't trust them, you'd better get your child out of there. But I also know that lots of stuff happens in daycare centers that the general public doesn't see and the overworked inspectors can't prove. If they don't even suspect it, how can they look for it?

BAE is what is in the adjacent buildings.

sockgirl77

The road to one building follows the fence line of the rear of the Starmaker building. There are few trees. Many employees walk to and from the various BAE buildings. It would have been very easy to see what was going on.

I am well aware of the layout of the building. There are woods surrounding each part of all the toddler areas. This deck in on the side of the building. Unless this person was standing on the edge of the woods during a work day, he/she would not have been able to hear what a child was screaming. Not only did my son go there but I volunteered alot of time there. There are always parent volunteers there. Starmaker has an open door policy with the parents. Which is part of the reason that I find this all very hard to believe.

HappyMom0328

My son attends this school. I have never had any problems with them and him being 3 1/2 comes home and tells me everyone, however that doesn't mean things don't happen... I will tell you all this much he is in the 3-5 year old room and they have a deck (a small one) off of their classroom. It leads down to the playgroud and while on the playgroud you can see the office buildings at the back of the school.. Anything is possible. That is why we must all teacher our children right from wrong and to be open with us about things going on. If that child was old enough to tell them to let him him then he certainly was old enough to go home and tell his parents..

smoothmarine187

Our buildings are adjacent to Starmaker Learning Center in Wildewood and while walking over to one of the buildings I heard a small child screaming and crying very loudly, I looked over towards the school and seen a small toddler on the rear deck in the playground all alone and screaming and pounding on the door " let me in I don't want to be locked out "!! I watched for several minutes and no one let the child in! I mean this little kid was scared and you could tell he was out there for a while. I continued walking and seen two women on the other end of the building and yelled to them that the child was locked out and they needed to do something, they just laughed and kept talking. When I came back through the child was gone, I guess they finally let him in, I don't know if any of you folks have any children there but I would have to ask if this was just neglect or some sort of wierd disciplinary action. I would have done more short of calling the police but nowadays you just can't walk up to a situation like that without getting your ownself in trouble!

:eyebrow: I think I would be more worried about someone named roscoe69 watching my kids.

Starmaker

Starmaker CEO Responds

Our buildings are adjacent to Starmaker Learning Center in Wildewood and while walking over to one of the buildings I heard a small child screaming and crying very loudly, I looked over towards the school and seen a small toddler on the rear deck in the playground all alone and screaming and pounding on the door " let me in I don't want to be locked out "!! I watched for several minutes and no one let the child in! I mean this little kid was scared and you could tell he was out there for a while. I continued walking and seen two women on the other end of the building and yelled to them that the child was locked out and they needed to do something, they just laughed and kept talking. When I came back through the child was gone, I guess they finally let him in, I don't know if any of you folks have any children there but I would have to ask if this was just neglect or some sort of wierd disciplinary action. I would have done more short of calling the police but nowadays you just can't walk up to a situation like that without getting your ownself in trouble!

We thank you for your post dated Oct 1, 2007. As the owner of Starmaker Learning Center, I personally want to assure you and everyone one else for that matter, that our students’ safety is a priority. Our discipline policy does not support any punitive measures. Even though we could not attest to the validity of the incident, we have taken steps to reiterate to our staff that the safety of the children is paramount.

Let me also take this opportunity to thank those parents who have expressed confidence in our staff and school. In the future, should you see ANYTHING suspicious, please pick up the phone and call me or the Director at 301-863-7740 so we can investigate immediately.

Again thank you for being neighborly and we do welcome feedback, compliments, and comments in an effort to enhance our service.

Florence Freeman, MBA
Starmaker Learning Center, CEO

We thank you for your post dated Oct 1, 2007. As the owner of Starmaker Learning Center, I personally want to assure you and everyone one else for that matter, that our students’ safety is a priority. Our discipline policy does not support any punitive measures. Even though we could not attest to the validity of the incident, we have taken steps to reiterate to our staff that the safety of the children is paramount.

Let me also take this opportunity to thank those parents who have expressed confidence in our staff and school. In the future, should you see ANYTHING suspicious, please pick up the phone and call me or the Director at 301-863-7740 so we can investigate immediately.

Again thank you for being neighborly and we do welcome feedback, compliments, and comments in an effort to enhance our service.

Florence Freeman, MBA
Starmaker Learning Center, CEO

Great post! :yay: :yay:

R

roscoe69@verizo

I did not submit the thread to insult the integrity of anyone or Starmaker in general, but I did see the incident in question and was only concerned for the child thats all.

Geek

I did not submit the thread to insult the integrity of anyone or Starmaker in general, but I did see the incident in question and was only concerned for the child thats all.

You did a good job, and obviously this got to the top :yay: If they have a bad seed, they will want to weed it out for sure.