Storm impact on trick or treating/school?

buddscreekman

Do any of you think the storm will impact Halloween night/trick or treating?
What about school on Monday?
I initially wasn't concerned,figured it might be a little drizzle on Halloween,but now not so sure. And I can't imagine school will be held Monday,but haven't heard anything from smcps.

If we get the 8-10 inches of rain and up to 80 mph winds they are talking about us getting and we are still under the state emergency... I would expect schools to be closed.

If the winds, rain, flooding causes massive outages and damage then I would expect it would affect people's abilities to get out and about to trick or treat.

We have to just wait and see what happens.

DEEKAYPEE8569

If we get the 8-10 inches of rain and up to 80 mph winds they are talking about us getting and we are still under the state emergency... I would expect schools to be closed.

If the winds, rain, flooding causes massive outages and damage then I would expect it would affect people's abilities to get out and about to trick or treat.

We have to just wait and see what happens.

Yup. At the risk of being redundant, Kwill's right; it's a wait-and-see right now.

buddscreekman

We used to always do that as kids,we'd put the bags over our feet (with socks on) and then put on our boots. Kept the socks dry and the boots slid on a lot easier.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Do any of you think the storm will impact Halloween night/trick or treating?
What about school on Monday?
I initially wasn't concerned,figured it might be a little drizzle on Halloween,but now not so sure. And I can't imagine school will be held Monday,but haven't heard anything from smcps.

...and you shouldn't be hearing from SMCPS. There's no reason for SMCPS to make any decisions at this point in time. By the time Sunday night rolls around, we could be looking at an entirely different forcast. If there is a reason to close schools, the annoucement will be made late Sunday night or Monday morning.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
It's report card season for SMCPS and lots of teachers bring home the stuff they need to work on reports ovdr the weekend.

Well not this weekend.

SMCPS, in their infinite wisdom decided to shut down the server that hundreds of teachers would be using to get report cards done because of the upcoming storm.:doh: Nevedr mind the fact that the forecast calls for landfall on early Tuesday am.

awpitt

Main Streeter
It's report card season for SMCPS and lots of teachers bring home the stuff they need to work on reports ovdr the weekend.

Well not this weekend.

SMCPS, in their infinite wisdom decided to shut down the server that hundreds of teachers would be using to get report cards done because of the upcoming storm.:doh: Nevedr mind the fact that the forecast calls for landfall on early Tuesday am.

Well, I just logged into the HAC which is the parent & student interface to the TAC server so if SMCPS is shutting the server down as you mentioned, it hasn't happened yet. In either case, the report card process involves work other than data entry into the TAC so there's still plenty for the teachers to do if the TAC is actually shut down at some point.

TPD

the poor dad
St. Michaels School is having a Halloween party tomorrow evening for the kids - may want to come down just in case weather prevents the little ones from going out on Wednesday night!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
The Calvert County Public Schools have made an announcement that they will make an announcement: "While Governor O’Malley has declared a State of Emergency as a precautionary measure, Calvert County Public Schools is working with Calvert County Emergency Operation Center and will continue to monitor the weather. A decision will be made by 3 PM Sunday October 28, 2012. Information will be posted on our website and be available through local media."

:killingme First sentence is funny. "made an announcement that they will make an announcement".

Vince

They say it will start around noon Monday and continue through Wed. Now the track has changed north and the center will impact NJ. Yeah, we're going to get a lot of wind and rain, but hopefully not the worst of it.

Treat or treat? Who gives a crap. I'm not even buying candy this year.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Well, I just logged into the HAC which is the parent & student interface to the TAC server so if SMCPS is shutting the server down as you mentioned, it hasn't happened yet. In either case, the report card process involves work other than data entry into the TAC so there's still plenty for the teachers to do if the TAC is actually shut down at some point.

No shiat sherlock. Been married to a teacher for 16 years, I'm just relaying the email that went out yesterday afternoon.