Student mugged, blames it on his own "privilege."

BOP

I heard this on Rush while driving home. People have went and lost their gawd-damn minds. Collectively.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6097

A Georgetown University (GU) student who says he was mugged at gunpoint says he “can hardly blame" his assailants.

Senior Oliver Friedfeld and his roommate were held at gunpoint and mugged recently. However, the GU student isn’t upset. In fact he says he “can hardly blame [his muggers].”

“Not once did I consider our attackers to be ‘bad people.’ I trust that they weren’t trying to hurt me. In fact, if they knew me, I bet they’d think I was okay,” wrote Friedfeld in an editorial featured in The Hoya, the university’s newspaper. “The fact that these two kids, who appeared younger than I, have even had to entertain these questions suggests their universes are light years away from mine.”

Friedfeld claims it is the pronounced inequality gap in Washington, D.C. that has fueled these types of crimes. He also says that as a middle-class man, he does not have the right to judge his muggers.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I heard this on Rush too and don't believe the story.

I heard it and believe it. Frankly, if you didn't earn what you have, it's not an unreasonable position to take.

Heck, remember the DC councilman who said you should never resist a mugging?

RPMDAD

The Kool Aid he's drinking must be mighty tasty.

Sadly i am siding with Monello on this, that kid has been drinking the kool aid and sounds like one of the biggest bleeding hearted liberals i have ever heard. He has been fully indoctrinated into the fold.
A senior in college without the slightest grasp on reality, or common sense.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Sadly i am siding with Monello on this, that kid has been drinking the kool aid and sounds like one of the biggest bleeding hearted liberals i have ever heard. He has been fully indoctrinated into the fold.
A senior in college without the slightest grasp on reality, or common sense.

There's no doubt this clueless, ‘educated' brat is a product of the progressive/liberal agenda of our ‘higher education’ institutions. But there is something rather insane about feeling you are a not a victim because you are privileged.

On the other hand… this student could be voicing a backhanded insult to these (rhetorical) thugs and their communities; that they are a product of such poor upbringing that they are only acting on those animal instincts and simply can’t help themselves – acting like wild dogs because they were raised as wild dogs, therefore you can’t really blame them.

Last edited:

Hijinx

I heard this on Rush while driving home. People have went and lost their gawd-damn minds. Collectively.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6097

A Georgetown University (GU) student who says he was mugged at gunpoint says he “can hardly blame" his assailants.

Senior Oliver Friedfeld and his roommate were held at gunpoint and mugged recently. However, the GU student isn’t upset. In fact he says he “can hardly blame [his muggers].”

“Not once did I consider our attackers to be ‘bad people.’ I trust that they weren’t trying to hurt me. In fact, if they knew me, I bet they’d think I was okay,” wrote Friedfeld in an editorial featured in The Hoya, the university’s newspaper. “The fact that these two kids, who appeared younger than I, have even had to entertain these questions suggests their universes are light years away from mine.”

Friedfeld claims it is the pronounced inequality gap in Washington, D.C. that has fueled these types of crimes. He also says that as a middle-class man, he does not have the right to judge his muggers.

Anybody care to bet on whether or not he voted for Obama?

It isn't hard to believe this kids story. After all it was Mommy and Daddy's money they took not his.
They are sending him more even as we speak.
When you do not work for your own money losing it doesn't mean much.