Sun made global warming???

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How CAN that be???

DailyTech - Sun Makes History: First Spotless Month in a Century

The sun has reached a milestone not seen for nearly 100 years: an entire month has passed without a single visible sunspot being noted.

The event is significant as many climatologists now believe solar magnetic activity – which determines the number of sunspots -- is an influencing factor for climate on earth.

But will the rest of us? In the past 1000 years, three previous such events -- the Dalton, Maunder, and Spörer Minimums, have all led to rapid cooling. On was large enough to be called a "mini ice age". For a society dependent on agriculture, cold is more damaging than heat. The growing season shortens, yields drop, and the occurrence of crop-destroying frosts increases.

Well, at least one thing is still true; WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!! :jameo:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Sooo very true. The other reason that the temperature has dropped is that Al Gore hasn't talked as much in the last month or 2. :lmao:
The next problem is fining and imprisoning Gore because of the hype and MILLIONS of bucks he caused us all to spend on his farse called global warming! He should be brought up on serious charges!
I am a radio operator who depends on the lack of sunspots and other solar activity to be able to communicate effectively on the radio. We have just ended a long 11 year solar cycle and only recently have communications gotten back to normal. NOT TO MENTION TEMPERATURES, so I know firsthand that solar activity IS the cause of warmer weather. The solar storms can extend out hundreds (thousands?) of miles from the sun's surface so just imagine what it does to the 2 closer planets. :whistle:

Last edited:

frozenrain

Hopefully it will melt some of the forumites keyboards on here. I will not have to read bigoted political comments.
There I feel much better:lmao:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
This explains why your post is bass ackwards...

Hopefully it will melt some of the forumites keyboards on here. I will not have to read bigoted political comments.
There I feel much better:lmao:

...from the rest of the world. It would take higher (that means greater, larger, much hotter) temperatures to melt keyboards. The prediction is for lower (less than, going down, not as hot) temperature in the near future.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why...

Sooo very true. The other reason that the temperature has dropped is that Al Gore hasn't talked as much in the last month or 2. :lmao:
The next problem is fining and imprisoning Gore because of the hype and MILLIONS of bucks he caused us all to spend on his farse called global warming! He should be brought up on serious charges!
I am a radio operator who depends on the lack of sunspots and other solar activity to be able to communicate effectively on the radio. We have just ended a long 11 year solar cycle and only recently have communications gotten back to normal. NOT TO MENTION TEMPERATURES, so I know firsthand that solar activity IS the cause of warmer weather. The solar storms can extend out hundreds (thousands?) of miles from the sun's surface so just imagine what it does to the 2 closer planets. :whistle:

...should Algore be penalized for starting his own cult? He can sell ice cubes on the North Pole all day long. It's not his fault if some moron buys them.

The Oyster Guy

...But the data cited in the article shows that sunspot activity has been decreasing ever since the modern maxima around 1960... So if variation in solar activity is the predominant variable governing climate change on earth, why then, did the earth grow warmer during a period when solar activity was decreasing???

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh...

...But the data cited in the article shows that sunspot activity has been decreasing ever since the modern maxima around 1960... So if variation in solar activity is the predominant variable governing climate change on earth, why then, did the earth grow warmer during a period when solar activity was decreasing???

...for crying out loud.

How about sun spot size? Duration? How about what goes on INSIDE the sun that we are nearly clueless about? How about variances in earths orbit? We're squabbling over terrifically minor temperature fluctuations as though the sun and the earth are these perfect lab specimens that are 100% consistent at all times.

If you buy into all the hysteria and non sense about earth's temperature, then you gotta buy into the temperatures of Mars being accurate and that alone ends the conversation; We didn't warm it up, too.

Man made global warming is a farce especially when you enter the sun and natural, earth bound factors into the equation.

Last edited:

The Oyster Guy

...for crying out loud.

How about sun spot size? Duration? How about what goes on INSIDE the sun that we are nearly clueless about? How about variances in earths orbit? We're squabbling over terrifically minor temperature fluctuations as though the sun and the earth are these perfect lab specimens that are 100% consistent at all times.

If you buy into all the hysteria and non sense about earth's temperature, then you gotta buy into the temperatures of Mars being accurate and that alone ends the conversation; We didn't warm i up, too.

Man made global warming is a farce especially when you enter the sun and natural, earth bound factors into the equation.

It doesn't matter whether you look at the number of sunspots, or the Average Planetary Magnetic index (Ap) http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/solar-ap-smoothed-july08.png, the trend is the same: both have been decreasing in recent decades, but the earth's temperature has been increasing.

And as far as Martian warming, it seems that the surface of Mars has grown darker since the 1970s (as a result of periodic cycles in martian duststorms?) and as a consequence, Mars has been collecting more heat from the sun. Clue to Mars' warming is seen - Los Angeles Times

All the deniers seem to dismiss the role of atmosphere in regulating climate, but without an atmosphere - earth would be as cold and intemperate as our moon.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

It doesn't matter whether you look at the number of sunspots, or the Average Planetary Magnetic index (Ap) http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/solar-ap-smoothed-july08.png, the trend is the same: both have been decreasing in recent decades, but the earth's temperature has been increasing.

And as far as Martian warming, it seems that the surface of Mars has grown darker since the 1970s (as a result of periodic cycles in martian duststorms?) and as a consequence, Mars has been collecting more heat from the sun. Clue to Mars' warming is seen - Los Angeles Times

All the deniers seem to dismiss the role of atmosphere in regulating climate, but without an atmosphere - earth would be as cold and intemperate as our moon.

...so, you readily accept that Mars has grown darker and therefore the heating is not related to my SUV. That's good. Can you also apply the same healthy logic to the earth? Or is the earth a static model that has only ONE variable, my SUV emissions?

We 'deniers' are not the ones running around saying we KNOW exactly what is going on, EXACTLY what the consequences are and EXACTLY what was must done nor are we the ones saying even if none of that is true we MUST act anyway. Just to be sure. This is a reverse flat earth argument. The DOOM crew are arguing a flat earth based on what they feel and seem to need the problem and solution to be, never mind all sorts of other possibilities and, frankly, probabilities.

My side is saying, when chicken little stops long enough to listen, that there is an awful lot to this and boiling it all down to ONE factor is not only NOT backed by the facts and science, it's also counterproductive to useful 'solutions' and effective cooperation, whatever the 'problems' actually are.

drmatsci

...for crying out loud.

We 'deniers' are not the ones running around saying we KNOW exactly what is going on...

Funny, Larry, it looks to me like you are the one THAT KNOWS global warming can't be real.

Last edited:

drmatsci

Larry, it amazes me you post obscure and wrong information regarding your position but don't post the large amount of news that supports global warming. You know, stuff like big chunks of Alaska's permafrost melting, the sea ice near record lows (last year was a record low), the fact that we are changing the atmosphere (that in itself is fact) - you know, go talk to native alaskan eskimos and ask what changes they have seen in the last 50 years. I bet they would be happy to tell you, or heck, turn on your TV and watch the discovery channel. They have plenty of shows where they ask them those questions.

bcp

In My Opinion
Larry, it amazes me you post obscure and wrong information regarding your position but don't post the large amount of news that supports global warming. You know, stuff like big chunks of Alaska's permafrost melting, the sea ice near record lows (last year was a record low), the fact that we are changing the atmosphere (that in itself is fact) - you know, go talk to native alaskan eskimos and ask what changes they have seen in the last 50 years. I bet they would be happy to tell you, or heck, turn on your TV and watch the discovery channel. They have plenty of shows where they ask them those questions.
did Larry say there was no global warming, or did he say that man is not a big part of the global warming.

big difference,

still wondering how our emissions are making it to Mars causeing that planet to warm up also.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
bcp...

did Larry say there was no global warming, or did he say that man is not a big part of the global warming.

big difference,

still wondering how our emissions are making it to Mars causeing that planet to warm up also.

...you're not keeping up.

See, the way this works is, they say "Man is KILLING the planet! We're all gonna die! Man made global warming!!!" Then, when the absurdity of that sinks in, the story changes to "THE PLANET IS HEATING UP!!! REALLY BAD!!! Climate change! Global warming!!!!" Then, when it starts cooling off, it becomes "It's worse than we ever feared! It's soooooo hot, it's cold!!!!"

See?

ImnoMensa

...you're not keeping up.

See, the way this works is, they say "Man is KILLING the planet! We're all gonna die! Man made global warming!!!" Then, when the absurdity of that sinks in, the story changes to "THE PLANET IS HEATING UP!!! REALLY BAD!!! Climate change! Global warming!!!!" Then, when it starts cooling off, it becomes "It's worse than we ever feared! It's soooooo hot, it's cold!!!!"

See?

They are convinced its all mans fault, No amount of real science will change their minds.

Also if it isnt mans fault they cant get rich selling Carbon Credit schemes.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wouldn't...

They are convinced its all mans fault, No amount of real science will change their minds.

Also if it isnt mans fault they cant get rich selling Carbon Credit schemes.

...that be an inconvenient truth, to find that the Church of Al is really just a giant scheme to give international corporations even more control and to make even more money?

drmatsci

Must of you are more interested about 'Al' and his so called campaign of evil - I don't care what Al is doing or what he says, he isn't producing the data i look at, he didn't cause the sea ice to melt to its lowest level last year nor does he rule my judgement.

REAL science? Who's job is it to do real science? Maybe NOAA? And I have posted plenty of information before provided by NOAA. I can't say the planet won't cool starting next week, but I can say what NOAA has said from looking at their own data and everyone else's. What I find odd is that some of you percieve climate change to be some 'attack' on you and your lifestyle, as if you were so important that someone would go to that length. You guys are crazy, open your eyes and go read so REAL data and news. AND we are changing our atmosphere, there is no doubt of that, so one has to hypothesize that changing our atmosphere might effect our climate? Geez, um, its not rocket science or brain surgury... but some of you just don't get it.

Toxick

Splat

big difference,

Two words.

Spirit.
Opportunity.

They have the same emissions on them as do our earthbound Hummers, Suburbans, and Navigators.

Humans and their filthy ravenous machines. Spewing out vile toxins. Did you know that the average fish today contains more mercury than a rectal thermometer?

WOULD YOU EAT A RECTAL THERMOMETER???!?!

bcp

In My Opinion
Must of you are more interested about 'Al' and his so called campaign of evil - I don't care what Al is doing or what he says, he isn't producing the data i look at, he didn't cause the sea ice to melt to its lowest level last year nor does he rule my judgement.

REAL science? Who's job is it to do real science? Maybe NOAA? And I have posted plenty of information before provided by NOAA. I can't say the planet won't cool starting next week, but I can say what NOAA has said from looking at their own data and everyone else's. What I find odd is that some of you percieve climate change to be some 'attack' on you and your lifestyle, as if you were so important that someone would go to that length. You guys are crazy, open your eyes and go read so REAL data and news. AND we are changing our atmosphere, there is no doubt of that, so one has to hypothesize that changing our atmosphere might effect our climate? Geez, um, its not rocket science or brain surgury... but some of you just don't get it.
what I find odd is that people are willing to accept with limited data, that man alone is the cause of global warming. To the point that so much energy and time is being spent on how we can fix it, that nothing is being spent on how to live with it if we cant fix it.

The people insisting that we single handedly have caused this are going to end up getting us all caught with our speedos down when it gets too hot to continue as a speices, with no back up plan.

bcp

In My Opinion
Two words.

Spirit.
Opportunity.

They have the same emissions on them as do our earthbound Hummers, Suburbans, and Navigators.

Humans and their filthy ravenous machines. Spewing out vile toxins. Did you know that the average fish today contains more mercury than a rectal thermometer?

WOULD YOU EAT A RECTAL THERMOMETER???!?!
Your data is not complete enough to make an intellegent decision on this question, has that thermometer been used? once? many times?

all that aside, I dont eat fish either, tastes nasty as hell to me.