Sun made global warming???

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If man made...

Must of you are more interested about 'Al' and his so called campaign of evil - I don't care what Al is doing or what he says, he isn't producing the data i look at, he didn't cause the sea ice to melt to its lowest level last year nor does he rule my judgement.

REAL science? Who's job is it to do real science? Maybe NOAA? And I have posted plenty of information before provided by NOAA. I can't say the planet won't cool starting next week, but I can say what NOAA has said from looking at their own data and everyone else's. What I find odd is that some of you percieve climate change to be some 'attack' on you and your lifestyle, as if you were so important that someone would go to that length. You guys are crazy, open your eyes and go read so REAL data and news. AND we are changing our atmosphere, there is no doubt of that, so one has to hypothesize that changing our atmosphere might effect our climate? Geez, um, its not rocket science or brain surgury... but some of you just don't get it.

...global warming was the primary driver of earths temperature, or even a tertiary one, you could say, for sure, it wouldn't. Thing is, mans affect on 'climate change' or global warming' or whatever the buzzword of the week is, is MINIMAL if not completely irrelevant.

If we eliminated oil tomorrow and coal the next day and gas the day after that, there would be mass death and suffering and deforestation of this planet on a biblical scale. The wars that would erupt over resources would make the 20th century look like a time of peace. The chicken little school of thought requires the people of this planet to put a gun to our heads and pull the trigger.

Global warming freaks have not sold their world view as rational, reasoned ideas we should pursue rationally and reasonably. They are :jameo: ideas, :jameo: views with :jameo: solutions.

That's not my fault bit I damn sure don't have to sit around and agree with mass hysteria in the name of DOING SOMETHING.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Two words.

Spirit.
Opportunity.

They have the same emissions on them as do our earthbound Hummers, Suburbans, and Navigators.

Humans and their filthy ravenous machines. Spewing out vile toxins. Did you know that the average fish today contains more mercury than a rectal thermometer?

WOULD YOU EAT A RECTAL THERMOMETER???!?!

I believe if you check the facts, the typical "fever thermometer" contains between 0.5 to 3 g (.3 to 1.7 dr) of elemental mercury. Swallowing this amount of mercury would, it is said, pose little danger but the inhaling of the vapour could lead to health problems. The glass is more toxic than the mercury.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
It amazes me that you have such a huge Reading Comprehension issue.

I do not believe Larry has stating "Global Warming" is NOT occuring, he and others are questioning ManMade Global Warming.

There is a difference, do you know what it is?

do do do do do do dooooo

do do do do doot do do do do do (Joepardy time song)

bcp

In My Opinion
I believe if you check the facts, the typical "fever thermometer" contains between 0.5 to 3 g (.3 to 1.7 dr) of elemental mercury. Swallowing this amount of mercury would, it is said, pose little danger but the inhaling of the vapour could lead to health problems. The glass is more toxic than the mercury.

well it can cause your kids to have a third eye and hop funny...

at least thats what it did to the little tree frogs in the rain forest or something.

Toxick

Splat

Don't want to hear all about this measurement mumbo-jumbo. Say what you will - I still wouldn't eat a rectal thermometer.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Don't want to hear all about this measurement mumbo-jumbo. Say what you will - I still wouldn't eat a rectal thermometer.

Which is what I said. But the Glass would cause you more harm than any mercury (if you were eating a pre-1980's thermometer) that might be in it.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican

If you guys are really concerned about Mercury toxicity, you should avoid walking into any high school science classroom with old wooden floors that was built in the 50's, 60's or 70's. Or wherever those wooden floors were disposed of when those high schools were torn down.

bcp

In My Opinion
If you guys are really concerned about Mercury toxicity, you should avoid walking into any high school science classroom with old wooden floors that was built in the 50's, 60's or 70's. Or wherever those wooden floors were disposed of when those high schools were torn down.
and never eat anything that you drop and pick back up at the movie theater or book store.

drmatsci

It amazes me that you have such a huge Reading Comprehension issue.

I do not believe Larry was stating "Global Warming" is NOT occuring, he and others are questioning ManMade Global Warming.

There is a difference, do you know what it is?

Don't be an ass...

Larry; said:
If we eliminated oil tomorrow and coal the next day and gas the day after that, there would be mass death and suffering and deforestation of this planet on a biblical scale. The wars that would erupt over resources would make the 20th century look like a time of peace. The chicken little school of thought requires the people of this planet to put a gun to our heads and pull the trigger.

That's BS, Larry, studying a potential or actual problem and looking for solutions is all I advocate. Ignoring it or denying it, as you do, doesn't help anyone either. Are you so worried that the government will take your SUV from you? Geez, grow up. The solution of buring your head in the sand doesn't work. You accuse me of being chicken little? I am not running around, I am simply looking up and around to see what's going on. As opposed to your head in the sand, or in your butt...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How...

Don't be an ass...

That's BS, Larry, studying a potential or actual problem and looking for solutions is all I advocate. Ignoring it or denying it, as you do, doesn't help anyone either. Are you so worried that the government will take your SUV from you? Geez, grow up. The solution of buring your head in the sand doesn't work. You accuse me of being chicken little? I am not running around, I am simply looking up and around to see what's going on. As opposed to your head in the sand, or in your butt...

...come every time I say AlGore is a psychotic nut job and his followers are ignorant dupes you show up?

Ignore global warming? How do suppose I came to the obvious conclusion that it is NOT a man made problem nor does the solution lie within mans very limited powers?

How come when I call him and his cult and followers chicken Little's, you take offense as though I'd said you were one of them?

Wanna talk about CO2 for awhile? PPM? Biological thresholds? Toxicity levels? How about the very likely climate moderating consequences of elevated CO2 levels do to increased global vegetation? How about the CO2 level in your house? How about the physiology of C02 molecules and their weight relative to the atmosphere and what that means? How about the practical energy offsets between reduced carbon fuel use and a slightly to fairly warmer planet?

Paleeeezzzeeee....

drmatsci

...come every time I say AlGore is a psychotic nut job and his followers are ignorant dupes you show up?

Ignore global warming? How do suppose I came to the obvious conclusion that it is NOT a man made problem nor does the solution lie within mans very limited powers?

How come when I call him and his cult and followers chicken Little's, you take offense as though I'd said you were one of them?

Wanna talk about CO2 for awhile? PPM? Biological thresholds? Toxicity levels? How about the very likely climate moderating consequences of elevated CO2 levels do to increased global vegetation? How about the CO2 level in your house? How about the physiology of C02 molecules and their weight relative to the atmosphere and what that means? How about the practical energy offsets between reduced carbon fuel use and a slightly to fairly warmer planet?

Paleeeezzzeeee....

Larry, you clearly stated that anyone who believes in global warming is a chicken little and cult, and THAT I have a problem with.
Good job of throwing out science terms but as usual your science didn't have ANY science behind it. You are so concerned with hypocracy that you would ignore any issue if there was a hypocrit somewhere. WHO cares if Al gore is a hypocrit - that doesn't have any bearing on whether manmaid global warming is real or not.

Global vegitiation increasing? WFT world do you live in? I know what you refer to - carbon sink - but what countries are going to let their farmland return to forest? Where are all these extra plants going to grow, the moon?

I have pointed you to plenty of data from NOAA about sea ice, temperature, CO2 and you just don't care. Like many in today's world you care only about yourself and the here and now. Anything that might, maybe, cost you a little more you don't want to do. Sometimes you get what you pay for, and cheap is often that for a reason and you will pay later.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Using...

Larry, you clearly stated that anyone who believes in global warming is a chicken little and cult, and THAT I have a problem with.
Good job of throwing out science terms but as usual your science didn't have ANY science behind it. You are so concerned with hypocracy that you would ignore any issue if there was a hypocrit somewhere. WHO cares if Al gore is a hypocrit - that doesn't have any bearing on whether manmaid global warming is real or not.

Global vegitiation increasing? WFT world do you live in? I know what you refer to - carbon sink - but what countries are going to let their farmland return to forest? Where are all these extra plants going to grow, the moon?

I have pointed you to plenty of data from NOAA about sea ice, temperature, CO2 and you just don't care. Like many in today's world you care only about yourself and the here and now. Anything that might, maybe, cost you a little more you don't want to do. Sometimes you get what you pay for, and cheap is often that for a reason and you will pay later.

...the word 'clearly' in context of what you gather from a post has proven to be a dubious exercise on numerous occaisons.

Man made global warming is a farce especially when you enter the sun and natural, earth bound factors into the equation.

You even quoted it and STILL can't read.

drmatsci

...the word 'clearly' in context of what you gather from a post has proven to be a dubious exercise on numerous occaisons.

You even quoted it and STILL can't read.

I CAN read just fine, thank you.
I just haven't read anything intelligent from you worth noting as of late...

Do I post anytime you start a thread about how global warming is a joke, a farce or stupid? Dam right, someone has to keep you in check and present some opposition to your extreme views.

The sun can influence our climate? How clever of you...

But that's no argument that we are not also changing our climate and you still have yet to present anything to refute what I read from NOAA and other scientific orginizations.

AND yes, you certainly do tend to associate anyone who believes in made made global warming as a nut and extreme. Well, call most american's crazy then - as many as 85% believe and 60% percieve it as a threat, including both presedential candidates.

I guess that makes you one of the few sane. Or - maybe you are the crazy one?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There...

I CAN read just fine, thank you.
I just haven't read anything intelligent from you worth noting as of late...

Do I post anytime you start a thread about how global warming is a joke, a farce or stupid? Dam right, someone has to keep you in check and present some opposition to your extreme views.

The sun can influence our climate? How clever of you...

But that's no argument that we are not also changing our climate and you still have yet to present anything to refute what I read from NOAA and other scientific orginizations.

AND yes, you certainly do tend to associate anyone who believes in made made global warming as a nut and extreme. Well, call most american's crazy then - as many as 85% believe and 60% percieve it as a threat, including both presedential candidates.

I guess that makes you one of the few sane. Or - maybe you are the crazy one?

...you are, on the edge of getting it, yet, somehow, you just can't or won't differentiate between the cult of man made global warming and global warming itself.

Reading comprehension notwithstanding, let's go with your, the, as you put it, majority view as FACT;

If man made global warming is a real, serious and fixable in time threat to our happy existence, what should we do?

Now, remember, the solutions you may propose will have real consequences, so, if your solutions require us to go to war to enforce restrictions or let some populations die or just flat out kill 'em, just be prepared to defend that course of action, OK?

Ready? Go!

drmatsci

...you are, on the edge of getting it, yet, somehow, you just can't or won't differentiate between the cult of man made global warming and global warming itself.

Reading comprehension notwithstanding, let's go with your, the, as you put it, majority view as FACT;

If man made global warming is a real, serious and fixable in time threat to our happy existence, what should we do?

Now, remember, the solutions you may propose will have real consequences, so, if your solutions require us to go to war to enforce restrictions or let some populations die or just flat out kill 'em, just be prepared to defend that course of action, OK?

Ready? Go!

You continue to clean up as regular part of progress and you study the potential problem - you are correct, we can't do anything about what the earth was already going to do, but why the hell would you want to screw with it beyond that point?

How is more nuclear plants going to lead us to war? EV's? nope. Actually, changing our economy from oil and coal to renewables, as we can, would strengthen our economy as more money would stay here. Yes, we could do that with our own oil and coal, but you do know, oil and coal spew other gasses that are classified by the EPA as toxic?

Tell me how more solar, nuclear, hydro, wind and others TBD will lead us to war? you are fear-mongering, plain and simple. How will EV's using new, non 'chemical' batteries leed to war? Where is all your war fears and economy woe fears coming from?

drmatsci

... or let some populations die or just flat out kill 'em, just be prepared to defend that course of action, OK?

Ready? Go!

Newsflash - huge portions of population in Africa ARE dieing or being killed off and WE ARE NOT doing anything... why? No oil there, so the USA don't care! I would propose the opposite theory - as we immerge from our oil 'hangover' the USA might find itself able to care and help the people of this planet based on need instead of oil location.