Sunset Cove Waterfront Restuarant

Grumpy

I invested about a half million of my personal money trying to make a local waterfront operation work. I failed. It's no where as easy as people think it should be.....

Was involved in a restaurant back in the 70s, I remember reading in a 'restaurant' magazine that 90% of new restaurants fail within 5 years. We made it 7 years before the chit hit the fan. Owner has to be involved 24/7 in all aspects for it to work, IMO. Very tough biz but it was a fun 7 years.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Was involved in a restaurant back in the 70s, I remember reading in a 'restaurant' magazine that 90% of new restaurants fail within 5 years. We made it 7 years before the chit hit the fan. Owner has to be involved 24/7 in all aspects for it to work, IMO. Very tough biz but it was a fun 7 years.
. Yep. And funny thing was...the restaurant was A small part of the overall operation. It was then..and forever more ..the single largest waterfront business in st Mary's county

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Don't tell me you were there today 5-6pm sitting out on the deck...

Yes Sir.
We (3) sat out there for a little while but the flies were terrible so we moved inside.
Were you the couple with the doggy?

Service was great and the view even better.

TPD

the poor dad
Yes Sir.
We (3) sat out there for a little while but the flies were terrible so we moved inside.
Were you the couple with the doggy?

Service was great and the view even better.

We were the table of 7 making such a ruckus. Yup the flies were a bit much, which is a first - usually it is the damn mosquitos! I enjoyed the rockfish tacos.

Like I didn't tell you that, and warned you to stay away.

That's what you get for ignoring me. :ohwell:

I guess our standards are a bit lower than yours. We are ok with the place, but for us when we go out to eat, it is usually a social gathering with friends, so we are more about the atmosphere & alcohol - the food is secondary. Like yesterday, not unusual for us to take up residence at a table for 3 hours. Sunset Cove does the pizza and wings on Thursday nights when you go to meet up with the neighbors. We will know 90% of the people in there on Thursdays.

On another note, Saturday night we went to Dennis Point for dinner with friends. The menu has changed drastically from last year, and not for the better in my opinion. No meals - mainly sandwiches, pizza, and wings. A waterfront restaurant and I couldn't even get a softcrab sandwich! But we were still ok with the place - sat out on the deck with great weather and a beautiful sunset. The drinks were cold, the service was great, and the DJ had just the right volume to still hold a conversation with friends - we were there 3 hours. Can't say the food was that great but we will go back for the atmosphere, something you don't find at Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse or Cracker Barrel, not that I'm saying that's where you and Bob prefer to go, but as we all know, SOMDers love their chain restaurants.....