Supplemental Dental Insurance/Plans??

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Sleuth,

It might be better (and cheaper) to get the tooth pulled. That is, assuming it's a molar and won't be visible once gone. I've had 2 removed. Don't laugh. :biggrin: Both were upper molars and "dead" teeth. It actually helped improve the overcrowding I had, too. Other than that, I've never had any other problems. I don't even have a filling. :getdown:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Chasey_Lane said:
Sleuth,

It might be better (and cheaper) to get the tooth pulled. That is, assuming it's a molar and won't be visible once gone. I've had 2 removed. Don't laugh. :biggrin: Both were upper molars and "dead" teeth. It actually helped improve the overcrowding I had, too. Other than that, I've never had any other problems. I don't even have a filling. :getdown:
Oh, and you can't even tell I've had them removed. My other teeth shifted into place quite nicely. :diva:

B

baswm

I currently have Delta Dental. My daughter needed braces and My policy does not cover it. I am thinking of getting a sublemental policy that covers braces. I paid 2400 up front this year to a years worth of work.

lucaswebco

If you get a discount dental plan (Ameriplan, etc.), then pre-existing conditions due not apply. You can use the plan the same week. Getting discounts to reduce your out of pocket cost.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
sleuth said:
Anyone have any suggestions? One that covers pre-existing conditions?

I have to get a crown next week, and unfortunately, I'm discovering that I'm a bit underinsured. My open season isn't until November, so I can't upgrade my current plan.

What I'm hoping is that if I find one, even one where I have to go to a non-preferred dentist, I might be able to save a few hundred dollars on this procedure.
Have you checked http://www.dentalinsurance.com/ I've used them (Carrington) and they have saved me a couple grand over the past two years. Only issue is the closest dentist for me is La Plata but I have developed raport with her and don't mind the abuse too much. Oh yeah, I don't know if it is legal but after I pay for the work I file with my work plan and get some more of my money back. They have never questioned me about it so it must be okay.