swimming pools

jonjon

Wife is interested in getting a pool, anyone have any suggestions or comments about who or what ( in-ground, above ground) to contact. We have an appointment with Kayak pools tommrow> would like a little info before they get here thanks

itsbob

I bowl overhand
jonjon said:
Wife is interested in getting a pool, anyone have any suggestions or comments about who or what ( in-ground, above ground) to contact. We have an appointment with Kayak pools tommrow> would like a little info before they get here thanks
From personal experience DON'T DO IT!!!

If you feel you HAVE to do it, go with an inground, a friggin KAYAK is just as expensive but more to maintain, not as fun TOO shallow and very restrictive.

I had a 15K Kayak in my backyard in PA, I dealt with it for two years after I moved in to the house then got tired of "swimming" in a pool where the water BARELY made it to my waist... couldn't REALLY swim cause my fingers dragged along the bottom of the pool.

Go with a nice concrete pool, deep end over 8 feet, shallow end for the kiddies, then you can have a safe slide.. think 12 - 15 feet deep for a diving board(??) .

When you do get the pool, do BAQUACIL, a little more expensive but a lot easier to do then Chlorine.. and NO smell, bleaching of hair etc.. and won't kill the landscaping around the pool!!!

But expect it to keep you busy and suck $$$$'s.. hopefully you have NO trees in your yard..

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Inground pool = more $ in land taxes also. Just remember, even with an above ground pool you'll need to get permits from the county etc. I helped put a pool up at a friends house (they lived way out in the woods) and someone from the county drove by to see another house (shared driveway), and slapped a stop work order on the pool. :mad:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
When I see an above ground pool, I always think it would look better with a trailer. They're just tacky.

Vince

A swimming pool around here is just not worth the work you have to put into it. Had one and got rid of it. I ended up doing all the work. When I move to Florida, I'll get an inground with all the extra's.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
elaine said:
When I see an above ground pool, I always think it would look better with a trailer. They're just tacky.
Well golly-gee...call me TACKY then...with our huge above ground oval pool, 4.5' deep, behind my 3500+ sq ft log cabin way out in the woods.....:lol:
We LOVE ours. I use the 3 in one cholorinator from Lowes (100.00 a tub but WELL worth the $$, 8 0z a day keeps it crystal clear and the water is "soft") I would recommend a sand filter (the bigger the better) buying quality stuff pays off. The only drawback is that right now it feels more like a warm tub when Rottncop and I slide in nekkid every night before bed :lol:
Ours came from village pools on rt 235, and he comes to open it for a minimal fee too. Good folks.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
jonjon said:

Depends on what you're looking for. We have an inground pool. It's a fair amount of work but it's large and deep. There are many different types...I'd shop around. Liner...fiberglass...concrete...look into what would work best for what you want.

I like the above ground pools, too. If they're done with the deck around them, they look just like the inground but they aren't as deep and you can just pretty much float around and cool off.

I would just like to state my opinion, for the record... it should be none of the dayum county's business if someone wants to put up an above ground pool. It is not a permanent structure as it can be removed at any time...:cussing:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
I would just like to state my opinion, for the record... it should be none of the dayum county's business if someone wants to put up an above ground pool. It is not a permanent structure as it can be removed at any time...:cussing:
Do you wear your seatbelt?

sowhat

Skinny people need LESS
kwillia said:
Refer back to post #6
elaine said:
:shrug:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I love our inground pool. It keeps the hubby busy and out of the house for at least an hour every night! :cheesy: