Taking cover

PsyOps

Pixelated
Yesterday on NPR, Congresswoman Val Demings (an ex-cop from Orlando, FL) responded to a Republican Congressman who said "The best defense against a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun." Her gun-grabbing comment was to the effect, Yes, there were police officers and Secret Service members there. Thinking she had made an anti-gun argument, I said to myself "Yes, a good guy immediately present." You cannot guarantee a police officer or secret service agent will be immediately present when the bad guy with a gun shows up.

And if it had been just an ordinary baseball practice of citizens, there wouldn't have been cops there. It would have been a massacre.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm not sure that would be legal anywhere.

Depends on the precautions you take to secure the weapon. Pretty sure in Texas it would be legal, CT, not so much. Something like this....

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Combination-Gun-Trigger-Lock/dp/B00838NB1G

And of course, there are always the "Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6". Not one of those myself, but I know they are out there. Used to be in Texas, you were required to leave your CC in your vehicle, which has since changed.

PeoplesElbow

I would think someone who carries might keep the weapon in a bag in the dugout or a vehicle nearby.

Sort of my point, in this situation in the car it wouldn't have done any good. Personally I would not leave a gun in a bag in the dugout, I don't feel comfortable leaving my wallet in a bag in the dugout, in my own garage I unplug my table saw if I am running inside for a couple minutes if the door is up.

glhs837

Power with Control
Sort of my point, in this situation in the car it wouldn't have done any good. Personally I would not leave a gun in a bag in the dugout, I don't feel comfortable leaving my wallet in a bag in the dugout, in my own garage I unplug my table saw if I am running inside for a couple minutes if the door is up.

Well, some of them did get off the field to someone's house, or was that after the shooting was over? Which means a chance of getting to their car, possibly. And I see what you are saying about everyone's acceptable level of risk. When I lived in Chancellor's, I would do the same with my table saw. Here in the woods, where there is nobody younger than 20 within 1/2 mile, I don't sweat leaving my table saw plugged in.