The Boston Red Sox Lose Out Again!

donbarzini

Originally posted by penncam
:rolleyes: Omg! An disenfranchized Red Sox fan?

Those losers, according to Peter Gammons, could have signed A-Rod themselves for a mere 2 million a year along the life of his contract.
He said: "Chump Change", for a player of his calibre.

Apparently, the Yankees agreed.

My guess is - this guy is going to make an opposing pitching staff
think hard about "pitching around" other players in the lineup.

"OK, let's issue an intentional walk to Bernie or Jason, we'll just - OOps! Look who's on deck!!?!"

D@mn (bleeping) A-Rod!

If you really look at the difference between the two deals you will see the following:

Yes, it would have cost the Red Sox ONLY two mil along the life of A-Rod's contract. BUT it had to be paid to Hicks UP FRONT!!!

And when Hicks realized that his new "captain" would be an inadvertent cancer in his clubhouse with his very presence, he agreed to PAY THE YANKEES and take their head case in return.

So I applaud John Henry for not succumbing to the obvious pressure to make the deal.

As far as A-Rod in the lineup he will never hit any lower than 3rd so he's the one that will be pitched around because, frankly, a crippled Bernie Williams and "unjuiced" Giambi don't really scare anybody anymore.

BTW have you seen Giambi. I've seen chemotherapy patients who have looked better than he does.