the DMV run around

SugarBear47

UPDATE: Being scared half to death to go back to DMV for the 4th time, I took advice on here and went to my local Lusby tag and title. In less then 3 minutes the job was done. Sure, they have a fee of 49.00 extra but it is well worth it. I did not need half the docs that DMV had me running around for a flatbed trailer including insurance cert. and inspection. Those people at DMV are a bunch of sadistic a-holes. Thanks everyone for guiding me in the right direction.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
UPDATE: Being scared half to death to go back to DMV for the 4th time, I took advice on here and went to my local Lusby tag and title. In less then 3 minutes the job was done. Sure, they have a fee of 49.00 extra but it is well worth it. I did not need half the docs that DMV had me running around for a flatbed trailer including insurance cert. and inspection. Those people at DMV are a bunch of sadistic a-holes. Thanks everyone for guiding me in the right direction.

:clap:

Sorry it was such a PITA, but glad your problem is solved!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've had my share of titling and/or registrations in Maryland, and have learned that a little dishonesty goes a long way. It all started with needing my wife's signature for some title work. With a wink and a nod, the clerk told me to go out to the car and have my wife sign. When I started to protest, the clerk again winked and nodded towards the door and repeated the advice.

Sugerbear47, I'm glad you got it straightened out.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Haven't had to deal with the MVA much but I did have a good experience last month when I took my son to get his Learner's Permit. School made an error on the form so we had to go back and have a new one filled out. Lady at MVA told me that when I get back to just see her. Don't get another number and don't sit down. Go directly to her which we did. Had we not had to go back over the bridge to the school, we would have been in and out in no time.

acommondisaster

Sometimes it's best to bypass DMV, the lines, the counters, the info desk line and send an email. I was able to get a problem solved pretty quick with a couple of emails - worth a try.

catlingirl

I have a question about renewing a driver's license once a person turns 21. Are they supposed to go to the Mva or is it sent by mail and they don't have to go in? The reason I asked is because my oldest will be in Germany when he turns 21. (military.) Thanks

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It shouldn't. It should be a simple matter of you calling, asking what you need to do, they tell you, you do it. This is why people get pissed and have a fit in the middle of the DMV, because of this nonsense.

Like Gilligan said, call Fast Stop and tell them what you need to have happen. It's not expensive to use them and they'll take care of it.

And, like Gilligan said - it is worth every penny they charge not to deal with the imbeciles at the MVA. :yay:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I have a question about renewing a driver's license once a person turns 21. Are they supposed to go to the Mva or is it sent by mail and they don't have to go in? The reason I asked is because my oldest will be in Germany when he turns 21. (military.) Thanks

Per the MVA site - If absent from Maryland: Active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their dependents (who temporarily reside with the active duty member outside of Maryland) may apply for a renewal, duplicate or corrected license. To apply for an absentee driver's license, please call 1-410-768-7000 or email ( mvacs@mdot.state.md.us ) Subject - Military - Absentee Driver's License request.

DannyMotorcycle

often these tag services companies are owner operated so they have financial motivation to get it done for you and not be a stickler for the rules..
meanwhile at the dmv they probably don't want to screw up and lose their gig and might be more motivated to be a stickler for the rules..

waldorf mva is usually quick when not at the end of the month.. but sometimes when you factor in the time also, it's worth it to go to a tag place
instead of long waiting only to be told no go away and fix something..

catlingirl

Per the MVA site - If absent from Maryland: Active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their dependents (who temporarily reside with the active duty member outside of Maryland) may apply for a renewal, duplicate or corrected license. To apply for an absentee driver's license, please call 1-410-768-7000 or email ( mvacs@mdot.state.md.us ) Subject - Military - Absentee Driver's License request.
Thank you. I guess I didn't look far enough on the website. :)