The GOP Convention Guide to the Dogs of War

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
vraiblonde said:
#1, pundits do not send troops to war.

#2, apparently you didn't take that civics class I recommended or you'd know the President doesn't send troops into war, either.

#3, yeah, that damn hawkish Republican Lyndon Johnson.

#4, also that damn hawkish Republican Bill Clinton.

Rraley, if you are reading this post, take heart in knowing that you still have MUCH more on the ball than JLab, who is at least twice your age.

#1 I don't recall saying pundints sent troops to war, however they do stoke the fires of hawkish right wingers who have nothing else to do with their time now that cops is in reruns.

#2, Bush didn't send our troops to war, what about the war powers resolution?

#3-4, I don't recall saying anything about history in my original post, just the current administration.

As far as the rest, I'm really heartbroken that Vrai isn't impressed with my debating skills, perhaps she prefers dubya's better?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
jlabsher said:
#1 I don't recall saying pundints sent troops to war, however they do stoke the fires of hawkish right wingers who have nothing else to do with their time now that cops is in reruns.

#2, Bush didn't send our troops to war, what about the war powers resolution?

#3-4, I don't recall saying anything about history in my original post, just the current administration.

As far as the rest, I'm really heartbroken that Vrai isn't impressed with my debating skills, perhaps she prefers dubya's better?
#1, you did indeed say that pundits send troops into war:

the hypocrisy of the hawkish republican leadership (and pundits) who send troops into harms way

#2, Bush sent the Iraq War Resolution to Congress, where they took a vote. Bush didn't bypass the process and take it upon himself - everything was right by the book.

#3-4, you're not a particularly convincing debator when you focus ONLY on the last 3 years and ignore everything that happened prior to that in order to make your case. Like Kerry's performance last Thursday, that might wash with the ignorant and uninformed, but it so happens that I am neither.

And finally, about your debating skills, see #3-4. I'd even be willing to switch sides with you - you debate pro-Bush and I'll tell you why he sucks at leading wars.