The Green Turtle

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
My dad got to go to a zillion places, on deployments...the Med, South America, etc. He went to the North Pole for a few months too.

My Dad only did three years out of high school in 1956. :ohwell:

He was a kid that watched Pearl Harbor get bombed though...

W

Wenchy

Philippines

cholo said:
Oh yeah....well...I've been to Turkey and the Philippines.

I wouldn't recommend traveling to either place nowadays though.

I'll tell dad that cholo said so. (Not that I would go to Turkey either)

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
Shannie0308 said:
Anyone know when this plans to open in LaPlata? The construction was rolling, but lately it seems to have slowed wayyy down. I was just curious if anyone had an opening date?

Maybe they are waiting on their liquor license like Toltecas, near Outback.

Shannie0308 said:
Anyone know when this plans to open in LaPlata? The construction was rolling, but lately it seems to have slowed wayyy down. I was just curious if anyone had an opening date?
Where's it going to be?

nomoney

Shannie0308 said:
Yea so who all has been to OC? Or anywhere else worth mentioning? :lmao: :razz:

I go at least once a year (sometimes twice) for ball. And hit up the Green Turtle everytime. Although I don't know why- it's always just people from st. mary's there.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Nickel said:
I was a military brat, and I only got to go to Japan, Guam, and North Carolina. How sad is that? :lmao:
As a military brat, I only got to go to Edwards, CA and San Antonio. Tell me that is more boringer.

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
SeaRide said:
I was told by a friend that it's the old Mitchells home center building which will be renovated into the Green Turtle restaurant.

from Google.com it comes up with the address 5780 Crain Hwy, La Plata MD
That's the address of the current Mitchell's Home Center on Crain Highway just north of Wal-Mart. The Green Turtle is going in at the location on St. Mary's Avenue about a block south of Charles Street. That is the Mitchell's that was destroyed at 1905 28 April 2002.

Shannie0308

wmburdette said:
That's the address of the current Mitchell's Home Center on Crain Highway just north of Wal-Mart. The Green Turtle is going in at the location on St. Mary's Avenue about a block south of Charles Street. That is the Mitchell's that was destroyed at 1905 28 April 2002.

:yeahthat: It's on the corner of St. Mary's Ave. less than 1/4 mile off of Route 6.

Shannie0308

Just wanted to let you all know The Greene Turtle opened today in La Plata. Today and tomorrow they open at 3pm. Starting on Thursday regular hours.

CandyRain

Shannie0308 said:
Yea so who all has been to OC? Or anywhere else worth mentioning? :lmao: :razz:
:howdy: We vacationed there a lot when I was a kid and I lived there for a summer when I was a teenager. After that, I moved to SoMD.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Shannie0308 said:
Just wanted to let you all know The Greene Turtle opened today in La Plata. Today and tomorrow they open at 3pm. Starting on Thursday regular hours.
I just went online to check out the menu :yum: looks like Casey Jones is in for some stiff competition. :buddies: to LaPlata.

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
I went today for dinner. Service sucked balls. I have a major problem when the waitress argues with a customer. Food was cold and some was wrong. I think it was more of the crew in the kitchen at fault. Oh well, it was the first week. Hopefully, they will get better.

CCPetsOnWheels

Green Turtle - Opening Pains

Went to Green Turtle on Thursday, Oct 26th. Place was packed. Plenty of Servers (with each only handling two or three tables) and seating was immediate by Hostess with a smile. As my order was taken, the table next to me advised the server that they had been waiting for ten minutes and that no one had taken their order. As with any new establishment, there are growing and learning pains. Appetizer was delivered after our entrée was half consumed. Food was cold and French Fries were lacking in quantity for a hamburger and fries costing $10.00. Walking around to check out the place, the servers were lined up at the computer to make orders and with more in line waiting for the kitchen staff to provide them with their orders. This “backup” took away from the time that the servers could have been out tending to their customers. Wait for paying for check was in excess of 10 minutes after I gave the server my credit card; again, probably due to server having to wait for computer. I am sure that as soon as the place gets it ‘grove’ it's service and food will improve.

SmileyShaws

my service sucked too

I was really excited to go to the New Green Turtle in Laplata but I was very disappointed as well. Waitress took FOREVER with food...forgot all of our ranch/bbq for our meals...salads were warm :razz: (also only had lettuce mushrooms and cucumbers on them-no tomatos, cheese, bacon, eggs...you know the good stuff!) My chicken wings were so unflavorful, but if I wanted to dip it in BBQ I can forget it because my waitress didn't bring it. All and all it was not good at all. We did not want to leave a tip at all, but had to because we didn't feel like waiting for our 60 cents in change :killingme