The hilarity continues!

Hijinx

We have had trouble with N. Korea ever since the Korean war ---I was going to say ended---but it never did.

65 years of problems with N. Korea. and the AP and Tranny think Trump should have solved all of those problems with one visit.
It takes time and trust has to be established. Solutions have to be found and adapted.
But these Trump hating TDS, sick people think it should have been solved with one vist.
It took 7 days for God to make the world.
Lets give Trump 7 weeks before condemning him.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Do you feel like you've voted for the right person for decades?

Sometimes the "Right person for the time" other times yes a few times no.

The one thing I am certain of is there was NEVER ANY DEMOCRAT OR LEFTIST that would have been "the right person!"

Ronald Reagan was a right choice.

Trump is one of those "right for the time!"

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I asked, "What was incorrect, fact-wise, in the article?" and you go on to explain why you don't like it.

I'm guessing your elementary school teachers didn't teach you to read. I explained exactly what was factually incorrect about that opinion piece, it just pisses you off because you have an unhealthy hatred of President Trump.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Trans needs to find a hobby (besides trolling the internet and having a meltdown every day over President Trump).

Try fishing - Monello finds it very relaxing.

When hate drives your every thought and action, there is no room for anything else.

PsyOps

Pixelated
What was incorrect, fact-wise, in the article? Just curious.

But it didn’t nail down how and when the North might denuclearize, or the nature of the unspecified “protections” Trump pledged to Kim and his government. Trump has insisted that strong verification of denuclearization would be included in a final agreement that his team would sort out with the North Koreans later."

This wasn't the intent of this FIRST - got that? FIRST among many meetings to come - meeting. You seem to be oblivious to the FACT that this is going to be a long process that will have successes and failures. We don't know the end result. But expecting these kinds of details on the first meeting is unreasonable.

Trump is also wrong to say there was an assumption before he took office that the United States would go to war. President Barack Obama had used sanctions to no avail to try to halt North Korea’s nuclear program. But it wasn’t until after Trump took office that North Korea’s testing of an intercontinental ballistic missile and rhetoric between the two leaders ramped up talk of war. Fears of conflict were particularly acute after Trump dubbed Kim “Rocket Man” and Kim vowed to “tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire.”

This whole bit is wrong. Kim was testing Trump. Unlike past presidents, his sabre rattling FAILED. This president went from the president went from fears of war to meeting diplomatically - FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER.

THE FACTS: His numbers are incorrect. The Clinton administration, which he calls a “regime,” and the Bush administration combined provided some $1.3 billion in assistance from 1995 to 2008, says the Congressional Research Service, a nonpartisan arm of Congress. Slightly more than half was for food aid and 40 percent for energy assistance.

He’s also wrong in saying “nothing happened” in return. North Korea stopped producing plutonium for eight years under the 1994 agreement. Just how much was achieved, though, is in question, because of the suspicions that emerged later that North Korea had been secretly seeking to enrich uranium.

They stopped producing plutonium for 8 whole years? :bigwhoop:

It's just impossible for you people that hate Trump to get past your hate and actually see that this is a positive thing happening. Just dredge up all the negative you can conjure up because it satisfies that hate you people harbor. Well, it has not one iota of influence on the rest of us who want this sort of peace process to happen. All the little nitpicking about Trump was wrong about this or that doesn't detract from the historic nature and importance of this diplomacy.

SamSpade

I'm patiently trying to figure out just what the heck our previous Presidents - including the Republican ones - ever did to counter or even HINDER the danger that North Korea has posed.
The Clintons were the biggest enablers of them - I don't think it's even possible for them to have become a nuclear power without their "diplomacy".

All of Trump's efforts may ultimately backfire - the Kims have been tyrannical and ruthless and are very well known for one thing - going back on their word.
So while I am optimistic about the events going on - I'm no idiot. The North Koreans have broken every promise and have shown repeated reluctance to change.

I think the fact that de-nuclearization was announced to their own people is a huge step. This is a country where Kim Jong Un's grandfather is regarded as
a saint and Messiah in North Korea. You should see the stuff they taught their kids - you'd think he was Jesus himself. The whole family are regarded as gods.
That's not hyperbole. The entire nation makes 1984 look like comedy - you can't speak up, you can't travel about, you can't watch or hear anything but
state controlled media - punishment for listening or watching anything ELSE usually means prison - or worse.

We in the U.S. know that the nation is like a little kid throwing a bunch of grenades - and being protected by China, as they were 70 years ago.
But in their country, they believe they're all powerful. To reveal anything else to the people is kind of amazing.

Everything could go back to where we were six months ago, but it really looks like Kim Jong Un is burning bridges - I don't think he can go back now.

SamSpade

This wasn't the intent of this FIRST - got that? FIRST among many meetings to come - meeting. You seem to be oblivious to the FACT that this is going to be a long process that will have successes and failures. We don't know the end result. But expecting these kinds of details on the first meeting is unreasonable.

It took two years from Sadat's visit to Jerusalem to the Camp David accords. And they've been at peace for almost forty years.

If I were one of the Trump naysayers - the SMART thing to do is hold my tongue and wait.
Because if time should prove me wrong, you can BET I *will* end up paying for it.