The Lexington Restaurant & Lounge (former Roost)

bulldog

I like the open face roast beef :drool:

:yeahthat:

Just had lunch there and the open face roast beef was very good, although it needed to be just a tad hotter. Very good taste, very tender, good mashed taters and good green beans. Wife had the Reuben Sammich and liked it a lot. We'll be going back soon to check out dinner and the bar. :buddies:

tyky

eieio

Just had lunch there and the open face roast beef was very good, although it needed to be just a tad hotter. Very good taste, very tender, good mashed taters and good green beans. Wife had the Reuben Sammich and liked it a lot. We'll be going back soon to check out dinner and the bar. :buddies:

I just got back to the office from there :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
After reading this thread, I asked hubby if we could go there. He had already been thinking about it. Hopefully we can go soon.

glhs837

Power with Control

You must have seen me, then, I rolled though there to get my Pax Club about 1120ish:)

Daffy

Be sure to take us with you! :buddies:

OoberBoober

Awwwwooooooooo
I just got back from there for the 2nd time. The Open face hot roast beef was absolutely perfect, but the bread was so-so. The portions for my food was right on, but my co-workers both got the grilled chicken, and were quite hungry after. One so hungry that we stopped at the CVS for him to pick something else up, he was starving.

lseprincess

after reading all the reviews i was excited to try it out. some friends and i went there for lunch today. it took 1 hour and 45 min for lunch. way too long! and they messed up two of our orders. the onion rings were really good but the rest was just so-so. hopefully it is just the beginning kinks and they will work it out.

jaksprat

Went there last night with my girlfriend and her daughter. My girlfriend had the seafood pasta with alfredo sauce, her daughter had stuffed shrimp, and I had the crab imperial. Both of them said their's was great and my imperial was too.

The imperial was a little flatter than most but spread out more. I'm used to getting a smaller but deeper sized dish. It turned out even better though, since it had more of a crust (my preference). It looked like it was going to be too dry but was very moist underneath -- a good surprise. Also had a very nice delicate flavor. Yummy! :drool:. The salads were good and fresh.

As for the atmosphere, it's a quaint, kind of smallish place but had a down-home feel too it. We chose the bar section which worked out fine for us, but it could have had a little less lighting for my taste. All in all, a very nice place -- great food, good/friendly service and something different. A nice change from all the canned franchises out there. We'll have to try breakfast sometime when there's a little less traffic on 235.

B

Bronwyn

Thinking about going there this friday for supper. Are they packed on friday's??

Danolex

Breakfast

Five of us went to the Lexington for breakfast this morning @ 6:15 but it was closed:cds: Ended up at IHOP. Anyone know the hours?? Checked again @ 7:30 and it was still closed.

dn0121

Well we're here and this is by far my favorite place in MD. I had french toast and its the best around. Delicious bacon and the fried potatoes. The blue moon even tastes better here for some reason too. I love this place.

PS live music tomorrow - Gary Rue (son of the owner from when it was the Roost, Jack Rue)

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Five of us went to the Lexington for breakfast this morning @ 6:15 but it was closed:cds: Ended up at IHOP. Anyone know the hours?? Checked again @ 7:30 and it was still closed.

How did you judge, the Open sign? Maybe they just hadnt turned t off yt?