The Military is NOT a Social Experiment .....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Military life revolves around conformity. Same uniform, haircuts, etc. Strict discipline, esprit de corps and not much individualism. Anything that distracts from good order creates chaos.

I was around when they integrated women onto surface combatants. Some people thought the world was spinning off it's axis. A few months into a deployment those fears were put to rest. Life went on and people adjusted. Sure some of them bitched, but those people would have just bitched at something else.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Military life revolves around conformity. Same uniform, haircuts, etc. Strict discipline, esprit de corps and not much individualism. Anything that distracts from good order creates chaos.

I was around when they integrated women onto surface combatants. Some people thought the world was spinning off it's axis. A few months into a deployment those fears were put to rest. Life went on and people adjusted. Sure some of them bitched, but those people would have just bitched at something else.

Yet another social experiment in the military that worked

This_person

Yet another social experiment in the military that worked

I'm not sure exactly how many prostitution rings were on aircraft carriers prior to the introduction of women into ship's force, but I know for sure there were many after.

"Worked" is a subjective term. The ships still float, so I guess it worked.....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
:yay:

how many got pregnant

None that I'm aware of. They weren't ship's company, just augmentees for a cruise. Post cruise they went back to their parent commands. Maybe all got pregnant. We hit 22 ports in 5 months so people went and got rooms to party.