The New Bigotry

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Last week, now former executive for trendy fitness regimen Crossfit was canned and publicly shamed for tweeting his opinion about LGBT "pride" celebrations, which he called sinful. After applauding a Crossfit gym for canceling a pride work out from his personal Twitter account, Russell Berger was fired and slammed as a "zealot" in need of "a big dose of 'shut the #### up'" from CrossFit founder and CEO Greg Glassman.

"As someone who personally believes celebrating ‘pride’ is a sin, I’d like to personally encourage #CrossFitInfiltrate for standing by their convictions and refusing to host an @indypride workout," wrote Berger. For that, he lost his job.

Refusing to buckle under the pressure, Berger is speaking out over his termination and the intolerance showed by those at the top who ironically claim to promote tolerance.

"I think it’s a really sobering and a disheartening example of where we are as a culture," said Berger in an interview with Apologia Studios Thursday.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/3170...ng-lgbt-pride-sin-breaks-amanda-prestigiacomo

Yeah, I was pretty sure the canceled event was a pride function, but couldn't find it, media being what it is. Thanks.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Silence is consent. You can't go through life fearing that voicing an opinion is going to land you in hot water. That's not the way it's supposed to work, and if we keep doing it, it will only get worse.

Anyway, seems like the guy took some undeserved heat.

I knew there was an event that had been canceled, but they're kind of vague about that. They're also vague about the gym closing it's doors for good.

https://www.theroot.com/from-idgaf-to-yall-hiring-crossfit-exec-fired-for-hom-1826653963

Consent to do what? Was it worth his job to get those few words out to the public? We're they going to change his or anybody else's life? We've all seen the vitriol of the left, they're meaner than a stiffed hooker and any chance they've got to #### someone with a differing viewpoint they're going to jump on. Yes you can voice any position you want, but freedom of speech only constrains the government, it doesn't protect you from anything else.