The Only Enemies Donald Trump Can See Are His Fellow Americans

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Since his election, Donald Trump has done three peculiar things. He has refused the daily intelligence briefings traditionally given to the president-elect. He has dismissed intelligence suggesting that Russian hackers played a role in the election. And he has delivered angry speeches against Americans who opposed him. These three behaviors are related. In Trump’s eyes, the enemy isn’t Russia. It’s the part of America that opposes him.

The president-elect says he’s too busy for intelligence briefings. Instead, he spends his time flying from state to state, addressing partisan rallies, as he did in the campaign. He calls it his “USA Thank You Tour,” and the prepared texts of his speeches talk about unity. But if you watch the speeches, you’ll see that he ad-libs most of his remarks. These riffs reveal the real Trump, not the scripted one. And they don’t celebrate America. They celebrate his defeat of the 54 percent of American voters who went against him.

On the tour, Trump boasts about his “landslide” victory, his “big-league” margins, his vindication in recounts (“I won it twice”), and how he “busted up” the Democratic base. He talks about his TV performances (“Did I win those debates, folks?”), his rallies (“I’d turn on a television to see how massive my crowd was”), his Time Person of the Year award, his genius (“a Cabinet with the highest IQ that anybody has ever …”), his punditry (“They refused to acknowledge that I predicted it”), and the superiority of his campaign (“We spent a fraction of the money and won”).

Trump also invites crowds to revel in the pain of his adversaries. At every rally, he recites the states Democrats lost, detailing their defeats in Pennsylvania (“They lost it big”), West Virginia (they “almost didn’t register”), and Texas (“a slaughter”). He mocks journalists, claiming that one “started crying” on election night, another “was throwing up,” and others were “devastated.” He derides Hillary Clinton (“Does anybody remember my opponent?”) and comically re-enacts the moment when a TV anchor, in Trump’s words, announced, “There is no path for Hillary Clinton to become president.”

Trump belittles other candidates and constituencies, too. He heaps scorn on Jill Stein (“She got less than 1 percent”), Evan McMullin (“a bad guy,” “Not only did he not win Utah, I won Utah in a massive landslide”), and supporters of Bernie Sanders (“The election ended three weeks ago, darling”). He glories in the humiliation of Never Trumpers: “They’re on a respirator right now. They’re gasping.” Speaking in Ohio on Dec. 1 and in Michigan on Dec. 9, Trump reminded crowds that their Republican governors hadn’t supported him. Six weeks after the election, he’s still taking names and targeting enemies. On Tuesday, he told an audience in Wisconsin that the recount was a Democratic plot: “Believe me, they were behind it.” "

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/12/the_only_enemies_donald_trump_sees_are_his_fellow_americans.html

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The only group he disparages is the media. When he speaks it's always WE, unlike barry, the king of I.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The only group he disparages is the media. When he speaks it's always WE, unlike barry, the king of I.

Good one!

You made me think of the Emperors New Clothes. :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes

The only enemies Obama has is the American people, and he caused that situation. He could care less about America's true enemies. One of them is our own news media. Better days are ahead! Thank you, President Trump! Aloha, President Obama! :patriot:

Last edited:

Hijinx

When I see what the FBI and the CIA---a part of our so called intelligence agencies are doing,--- I don't blame Trump at all for not listening to them.

I sure hope he can bring back some credibility to them when he starts moving people out.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
More projection.

The ones that Hold genuine contempt for Americans have always been elitist, snobby Democrats.

if you ever want proof just read some of TommyJo posts.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Slate is a leftwing screed blog. Pretty sure no one on here gives a #### what they "think".