The Pit Boss Pro

Grumpy

I need a new grill and looking at the Pit Boss Pro Combo.
Anyone here have one?

I have a Traeger 575 Pro, cost about the same as the Pit Boss you are looking at, but mine isn't a combo. Neighbor has a Pit Boss combo and he's happy with it. I have a propane grill, charcoal grill and a Green Egg. Have used the Traeger almost exclusively for the last year and very happy with it. The Green Egg does a better job smoking meats but it's a pain tending to it with the temperature fluctuations. Love the ability to monitor the Traeger via wifi/phone and once you set the temp you want, it stays close to it.

I have a PIT Boss dual smoker/grill and absolutely love it. Use it quite often. There are some things I prefer to smoke and other things I prefer to grill. I. Also have a coice to open a vent door between the two which smokes what I am grilling.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
How much are they? Lowes dumb app says there are no stores in southern MD so it won't display a price.

My old New Braunfells is on its last legs due to rust...need to replace it soon.

DaSDGuy

Have them at St Mary's Lowes:

1685467496882.jpeg

This from the Lowes link provided by the OP.

Last edited:

Clem72

Ya'll are crazy. I got one of these 20 years ago and it works fine.

410V8G9PY8L._AC_.jpg

Note the integrated bun warmer. You don't got that on your fancy pit pro boss combo.

Reactions: TPD

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Have them at St Mary's Lowes:

View attachment 170840

This from the Lowes link provided by the OP.
But guess what?...since you must think I'm stupid, that "link provided by the OP" does not show a price when I pull it up here in Norway. Further, when I entered zip code for Lex Park..California..etc MD, it says no store near there. ;-) I think that is clear evidence that Lowe's discriminates against Scandinavians.

That IS a nice looking setup. I'm used to smoking with chips and chunks though...the pellets would be new to me.

DaSDGuy

But guess what?...since you must think I'm stupid, that "link provided by the OP" does not show a price when I pull it up here in Norway. Further, when I entered zip code for Lex Park..California..etc MD, it says no store near there. ;-) I think that is clear evidence that Lowe's discriminates against Scandinavians.

That IS a nice looking setup. I'm used to smoking with chips and chunks though...the pellets would be new to me.
My bad. Didn't remember you were in Norway. At least you know the local Lowes price. That would be a really cool welcome home present for yourself.

SamSpade

Got a question - MANY years ago, I came across a way to smoke foods - it's this metal pan like thing you put chips in, slide a lid on and put on the stove or grill.

Looks kinda like THIS --

smoke.jpg

It was in a class I was taking, and my first thought was - meh. However, my wife watches cooking shows, and they use these ALL THE TIME in their indoor competitions. If Bobby Flay can use it, maybe I can.

So considering trying one. Has anyone tried it?

Also came across a smoker "box" - you put SOAKED chips into it, place it on the grill, and it smokes your food as though your gas grill was a smoker. I have NEVER seen this, but if it works, it would make some of my outings MUCH easier. Smoking a BRISKET is long careful work - but smoking other things, like fish or chicken - not so much.

limblips

PREMO Member
Got a question - MANY years ago, I came across a way to smoke foods - it's this metal pan like thing you put chips in, slide a lid on and put on the stove or grill.

Looks kinda like THIS --

View attachment 172001

It was in a class I was taking, and my first thought was - meh. However, my wife watches cooking shows, and they use these ALL THE TIME in their indoor competitions. If Bobby Flay can use it, maybe I can.

Also came across a smoker "box" - you put SOAKED chips into it, place it on the grill, and it smokes your food as though your gas grill was a smoker. I have NEVER seen this, but if it works, it would make some of my outings MUCH easier. Smoking a BRISKET is long careful work - but smoking other things, like fish or chicken - not so much.colby, or whatever combo you like
I use a smoker box a lot and it works good to get a smoky flavor but to get a true deep barky smoke it doesn't work so good. My grill just has too many air leaks to get a real smoke going. Now, try this with the smoker box: chunk up some cheddar, mozzerella, colby, or whatever combo of cheese you like in to 1/2 to 1 inch cubes. put in an aluminum pie pan a smoke it on the grill (indirect heat). It will melt and get a brown top. Let cool and cut in to bite size pieces. Enjoy!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Looks kinda like THIS --

View attachment 172001

Also came across a smoker "box" - you put SOAKED chips into it, place it on the grill, and it smokes your food as though your gas grill was a smoker. I have NEVER seen this, but if it works, it would make some of my outings MUCH easier. Smoking a BRISKET is long careful work - but smoking other things, like fish or chicken - not so much.
My daughter got me this one, the only thing I've found it useful for is smoking bluefish.

Kinnakeet

I use a weber gas grill and it is next to my Pit Boss smoker next to the weber charcol grill
Weber gas is the best gas grill I have ever had,the pit boss does its job and the charcol grill is also used to smoke indirectly which to me is better than the pit boss but you have to tend to it to much,Pit boss get it smoking put on your meal get out your 12 pack sit back relax and look at the probe temp every now and then and bingo you completed 2 chores dinner cooked and probably drunkeness