the power

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
NO. Right there with you. I see all these reports of people losing/still without power, where it hasn't flickered here (Yet!) and going "well damn...."

(disclaimer: First hurricane here, I outran Isabel when we lived in VA Beach so kinda new to all of this..)

With all these trees in our area, I'm surprised one hasn't fallen across a power line yet. Keep'n my fingers crossed. I'm surprised we still have power. I keep expecting it to go out at anytime. If it does go out, I know we're by high on the priorty list because if I don't have power, the school doesn't have power.

I already have a strange feeling they there will be no school on monday.

PrepH4U

Smeco pulling crews off the road for now. Per a dispatch on the scanner. I don't know if they mean all.

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
We are near the retirement village. The tree I was betting would be first to go just gave out withva big crack.

I am in the front. It has been flickering a lot. We vary rarely ever lose power though. A huge tree in the front uprooted and fell over. I am just worried about all these dang on huge trees around here.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Neighbor just came over with 'hood update - several trees down, some quite large. Nothing here, though.

Power keeps browning out.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I think we are out for the duration now. As long as my battery sump pumps hold up, I'll be good to go. Beer and milk has been transferred to the cooler, scanner is fully charged and I have a hand crank radio/cell phone charger.

E

EmptyTimCup

amazing how much of our life shuts down, with out electricity

people should have to take mandatory 'primitive' camping vacations ......... learm how to sleep on the ground and cook on a camp stove, with out a microwave, no blow dryer ....... maybe no showers but every 2 - days :whistle:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
I am in the front. It has been flickering a lot. We vary rarely ever lose power though. A huge tree in the front uprooted and fell over. I am just worried about all these dang on huge trees around here.

Yup. Trees are the big deal. Wouldnt be surprised if your power goes soon. Its getting dark so the high winds and wails are adding to the cool/creepy factor. Daughter hanging near us.lol

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
lost power on Baptist Church Rd at 5. Came back on at 745. I didnt think they would be working on it till the storm passed.

YAY Smeco.

(please stay on all night)

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
amazing how much of our life shuts down, with out electricity

people should have to take mandatory 'primitive' camping vacations ......... learm how to sleep on the ground and cook on a camp stove, with out a microwave, no blow dryer ....... maybe no showers but every 2 - days :whistle:

You mean like our ability to post on the interwebz? :killingme: