The "President" came to Upper Marlboro! AND??....

mamatutu

mama to two
I have long felt that the Republicans play way too nice. They love to send out "appeal for $$" letters & e-mails...but they don't have a clue how to play the game the Democrats play.

I would dig back into the 2008 advertizements and match every possible Dem candidate praising Obama,..his vision,...begging for support, lauding his hope & change crap. And run a loop of these toxic endorsements next to a very long list of obama's failures. Run it heavy in the next two weeks...they lies, "You can Keep your Doctor"..."Shovel Ready Jobs"..."The border is more secure than ever"..."We will not rest!" ..."No Lobbyists in the Wh"..."Most Transparent in History"..."Illegals will not be covered"...on & on.

Show clips of Dems in congress applauding his unfulfilled promises & outright lies....during the 'State of the Union Farce.'

These pathetic enablers helped in the deception, the empowerment of a Soros puppet.

Republicans should be swarming social media, network commercials, and print. Instead, they hire more people to call & beg for more $$...and try to play nice. Crappy Rino idiots.

I don't understand it, either. Frustrating.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I have long felt that the Republicans play way too nice. They love to send out "appeal for $$" letters & e-mails...but they don't have a clue how to play the game the Democrats play.

I would dig back into the 2008 advertizements and match every possible Dem candidate praising Obama,..his vision,...begging for support, lauding his hope & change crap. And run a loop of these toxic endorsements next to a very long list of obama's failures. Run it heavy in the next two weeks...the lies, "You can Keep your Doctor"..."Shovel Ready Jobs"..."The border is more secure than ever"..."We will not rest!" ..."No Lobbyists in the Wh"..."Most Transparent in History"..."Illegals will not be covered"..."It was a video"..."Fat Cat Bankers"...on & on.:diva:

Show clips of Dems in congress applauding his unfulfilled promises & outright lies....during the 'State of the Union Farce.'

These pathetic enablers helped in the deception, the empowerment of a Soros puppet.

Republicans should be swarming social media, network commercials, and print. Instead, they hire more people to call & beg for more $$...and try to play nice. Crappy Rino idiots.

See, this is the kind of thinking that allows us to be manipulated, hell, predicts that we will be manipulated.

Is the problem that the GOP plays too nice or that the GOP governs poorly? Why learn to play someone elses game when you can win elections by arguing to govern better? AND THEN go do it?

While it is probably true that the GOP doesn't play the nasty political game very well, it is also true that they do NOT govern as they campaign. I would suggest it would be a whole lot better to govern as you campaign, as people elect you for, and then do it. Then, maybe what happens during campaign season won't matter very much. No matter how nasty they get.

Is it even worth a try?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Don't disturb the sheep.

...but then there is this:

http://www.quintonreport.com/2014/1...-ignored-crowd-streaming-out-of-obama-speech/

I noted last night that Reuters and Politico (including the White House pool report by a reporter from that paper) reported on a stream of people leaving after President Barack Obama started speaking last night at an event for Lt. Governor Anthony Brown in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. Democrats tried to spin the reports, including one in The Baltimore Sun, by saying that the people leaving were from an overflow room that the president spoke to first. There was pushback by reporters on this (and pictures were tweeted proving it) and I’ll have more on that in a minute. There were even some Obama supporters on Twitter, when they weren’t calling reporters names, who were claiming the people who left were Republican plants.
Maryland Democratic Party Chair Yvette Lewis called the Politico report a “lie” and crappy reporting. She also castigated Reuters and Yahoo for reporting it. She claimed that the people leaving were coming from an overflow room that Obama already spoke to prior to an event. She also had confusing versions of that spin, including saying the people in the overflow were leaving but then claiming they weren’t allowed to leave.

The reporter from Politico engaged with her on Twitter and corrected her and pointed out that the people were in the main room. Obama supporters and Democrats in Maryland and nationally took to Twitter to attack the reports who wrote about people leaving. These included claims of the reporters being “Obama-haters”, “racists”, “liars”, and other attacks. One person on Twitter even claimed that the people who walked out were GOP plants.

Here’s what Jeff Mason of Reuters told one of the Obama supporters (one who also engaged with me last night) on Twitter after she accused him of being a “dumb ass” and a “jealous hater”:

mason-hater
There are screen shots of Twitter posts/comments at the link, as well.

Hessian

Larry...I was addressing the first half of the equation--getting elected (the paltry efforts) .
Regarding governing? The long term attempt to get the media to like them (never works) and the attempts to "Compromise with the other side of the Aisle" (95% sell out) and the inner quivering from a charge of "Racist! Homophobe! War on Women!"--is pure cowardice.

To rule capably, one needs to rest on reputation, trust, vision, and loyalty of the base.-THESE are quite weak among leading republicans. It is very apparent among Bachman, West, Cruz, et al.

Midnightrider

i dont know how many left while obama was there, but when we drove by on our way home from the game they were parked for miles down both sides of richey marlboro road, and it looked like they had filled every developments parking lots too.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
i dont know how many left while obama was there, but when we drove by on our way home from the game they were parked for miles down both sides of richey marlboro road, and it looked like they had filled every developments parking lots too.

Some of his supporters still hold out some hope for more free stuff. The ones that walked out felt they were shorted.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

Definitely a brain cramp on somebody's part scheduling this show on the same day as a 'Skins home game. :doh:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Larry...I was addressing the first half of the equation--getting elected (the paltry efforts) .
Regarding governing? The long term attempt to get the media to like them (never works) and the attempts to "Compromise with the other side of the Aisle" (95% sell out) and the inner quivering from a charge of "Racist! Homophobe! War on Women!"--is pure cowardice.

To rule capably, one needs to rest on reputation, trust, vision, and loyalty of the base.-THESE are quite weak among leading republicans. It is very apparent among Bachman, West, Cruz, et al.

To rule or to lead???? We're American's. We are supposed to reach for our weapons when we hear the word 'rule'.

To lead, one can be all sorts of person with all sorts of backgrounds. The LAST person on the list should be a lawyer. A layer is not a leader. He is there to get you what YOU want and we're not a Democracy. We're a representative republic and we send people to represent us who are supposed to learn the issues, look at the NATIONAL interest and apply their life experiences and learning to make decisions for US.

Part of why Dubbya is so maddening to me is because his resume, his personality, indicated MUCH better decisions than what we were lead to. Obama is no leader. McCain is not a leader. Biden isn't. Boehner is not. Cantor, not.

We're about to see the GOP take over the legislature but, for what? To repeal the ACA should be FIRST thing and replace it with market solutions including competition and the necessary loosening of regulations. I have zero and I mean zero hope to see that happen. Maybe leaders will emerge?

Hessian

Larry,...see what happens to my word choice when I spend too much time fighting for the crown forces at reenactments?

Note to self "You do not have a dread sovereign."

A Republican Congress should take SEVERAL weekends before assembly to hammer out a common agenda. The Rinos might not like the activist conservatives but they better learn to play nice.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
A Republican Congress should take SEVERAL weekends before assembly to hammer out a common agenda. The Rinos might not like the activist conservatives but they better learn to play nice.

But, that's the problem. Anyone sent to DC to repeal the ACA is facing a party that wants nothing of the sort. Those folks have been FAR to quiet. There should be resignations left and right from those folks but, no....

BigBlue

But, that's the problem. Anyone sent to DC to repeal the ACA is facing a party that wants nothing of the sort. Those folks have been FAR to quiet. There should be resignations left and right from those folks but, no....

LOL , it is statement like yours that lead to drug testing .