The Right Man at the Right Time

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Here’s the truth:

“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner–and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers–is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all”

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-soulless-coward-coach-gregg-popovich-responds-to-trump/

You just proved the OPs point with this name calling, no substance reply.

Sapidus

Not only do I understand quotes, I understand the quote feature. You should try to learn it.

But, here is a quote from you on the opinion piece you quoted:

So, you referred to it as "the truth". It is the "truth" in your opinion. It is not the actual truth. The actual truth is that Trump said he was told other presidents did less. Now, unless you've been around Trump 24/7, you kind of have to take him at his word on being told that.

See how "truth" and "opinion" work?

It's not my opinion Moron. It's a quote from the article.

You don't understand quotes apparently

Sapidus

"Every single American" can't tell you how many states we have, so I am quite certain that "every single American" could not say whether Obama wrote and called the several thousand families of the people who died in military conflict under his command within a certain number of hours/days. I bet OBAMA couldn't tell you that he did that.

Since the premise of your question is invalid, I find it not concerning.

Since you can't defend Trump and constantly have to bring up Obama, Hillary or Bill I find your response invalid, vapid and uneducated.

Sapidus

If it was a quote from the article, why did YOU call it

Boy you really don't understand how quotes work do you?

And you repeatedly fail to read the linked article for context.

Yet you run your mouth with no problem about things you don't bother to educate yourself about.

Sounds like a Trump supporter to me

This_person

Since you can't defend Trump and constantly have to bring up Obama, Hillary or Bill I find your response invalid, vapid and uneducated.

See, that's a big difference between you and I. There is not the technology yet which can find the miniscule amount of #### I give to defend President Trump, or Obama, or attack either one. They are each literally just one in hundreds of millions of people in this country that I could not possibly care less about as people.

Now, their actions, and the truth, are things I care about. When Obama did his first couple of troop surges, I was all for those actions. When he released five POW's in trade for a single deserter, I was in abject hatred of that action. When Trump says, "hey, the executive branch is not authorized to spend this money and make these payments, so I'm not gonna do that anymore", I think we finally have a president who is doing his job. When he does not push for prosecution against known criminals, I think, "what a joke that (in)action is."

But, when Obama says there's 57 states, I say, "he was just really tired from campaigning, and mistook primary locations for states in the way he spoke." When Trump says, "I like people who win, not who get caught" I say, "he's talking about a slam on a person challenging him, not all POW's as losers."

It's called intellectual honesty and objectivity. You should give it a try. Are you actually upset Trump went golfing? Then say, "you know what, This_Person, if Obama was in Chicago that weekend like you (and the facts) say, then he was wrong, too." I won't kill you, man, I promise.

This_person

Boy you really don't understand how quotes work do you?

And you repeatedly fail to read the linked article for context.

Yet you run your mouth with no problem about things you don't bother to educate yourself about.

Sounds like a Trump supporter to me

Yes, I do. I clicked your link, and then did a word-search for "truth". Guess what, "Here's the truth" is not a part of your article.

In fact, you didn't even imply it was part of the article. You said "Here's the truth:" and then you put a clip of the article in quote marks. This shows your intent to be that the quoted part - the part in quote marks - is the "quoted part", and "here's the truth:" is YOU speaking.

So, I ask you again - if you understand it is not the truth but rather an opinion given in an article, why did you call it the truth?

Sapidus

Yes, I do. I clicked your link, and then did a word-search for "truth". Guess what, "Here's the truth" is not a part of your article.

In fact, you didn't even imply it was part of the article. You said "Here's the truth:" and then you put a clip of the article in quote marks. This shows your intent to be that the quoted part - the part in quote marks - is the "quoted part", and "here's the truth:" is YOU speaking.

So, I ask you again - if you understand it is not the truth but rather an opinion given in an article, why did you call it the truth?

You just keep making a fool of yourself.

When quoting an article that part is put in quotation marks.

If you go back and look you will see I wrote

The truth:

" "

Context clues would tell you I found the that part of the article to be the truth as I see it

Thanks for playing dum dum

Sapidus

See, that's a big difference between you and I. There is not the technology yet which can find the miniscule amount of #### I give to defend President Trump, or Obama, or attack either one. They are each literally just one in hundreds of millions of people in this country that I could not possibly care less about as people.

Now, their actions, and the truth, are things I care about. When Obama did his first couple of troop surges, I was all for those actions. When he released five POW's in trade for a single deserter, I was in abject hatred of that action. When Trump says, "hey, the executive branch is not authorized to spend this money and make these payments, so I'm not gonna do that anymore", I think we finally have a president who is doing his job. When he does not push for prosecution against known criminals, I think, "what a joke that (in)action is."

But, when Obama says there's 57 states, I say, "he was just really tired from campaigning, and mistook primary locations for states in the way he spoke." When Trump says, "I like people who win, not who get caught" I say, "he's talking about a slam on a person challenging him, not all POW's as losers."

It's called intellectual honesty and objectivity. You should give it a try. Are you actually upset Trump went golfing? Then say, "you know what, This_Person, if Obama was in Chicago that weekend like you (and the facts) say, then he was wrong, too." I won't kill you, man, I promise.

I don't mind if Obama was in Chicago that weekend because he was no doubt working. As Trump does on weekends. Trump however playing golf while soldiers bodies come back to the country is disrespectful in my opinion.

Especially when he has already golfed almost as much as Obama did in his entire presidency.

My problem is the hypocrisy. Conservatives were outraged when Obama golfed and not mind when Trump does it.

This_person

Context clues would tell you I found the that part of the article to be the truth as I see it

Golly, I wonder who said that before
So, you referred to it as "the truth". It is the "truth" in your opinion. It is not the actual truth.
See how "truth" and "opinion" work?

Well, glory be, I guess I DO understand. But, wait, what did you say in response to me saying THE SAME ####ING THING YOU'RE SAYING NOW is your reason?
It's not my opinion Moron. It's a quote from the article.

You don't understand quotes apparently

See, when you say "the truth as I see it", people call that an "opinion".
Dictionary.com said:
noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Now, you've learned the difference in "truth" and "truth as I see it", otherwise known as "opinion". Congratulations - never go a day without learning something :cheers:

warneckutz

Here’s the truth:

“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner–and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers–is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all”

Is this reflecting on barack osama?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump however playing golf while soldiers bodies come back to the country is disrespectful in my opinion.

well that is YOUR opinion .... not an OPINION held by others
and YOUR OPINION does not count as FACT

Especially when he has already golfed almost as much as Obama did in his entire presidency.

My problem is the hypocrisy. Conservatives were outraged when Obama golfed and not mind when Trump does it.

the different is, Executives Like Trump the golf course is an extension of the Office

Obama was just frolicking off

Sapidus

Golly, I wonder who said that before

Well, glory be, I guess I DO understand. But, wait, what did you say in response to me saying THE SAME ####ING THING YOU'RE SAYING NOW is your reason?

See, when you say "the truth as I see it", people call that an "opinion".

Now, you've learned the difference in "truth" and "truth as I see it", otherwise known as "opinion". Congratulations - never go a day without learning something :cheers:

Its like arguing with a particularly stupid parrot