The supergun that kills from a mile

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Pictured: The supergun that kills from a mile - and the camouflaged crackshots using it against the Taliban | Mail Online

"British Army snipers call it 'the Silent Assassin' and it is the weapon the Taliban fear the most.

It is the British-made L115A3 Long Range Rifle which, in recent weeks, has killed scores of enemy fighters in Afghanistan.

In a new initiative on the front line, the Army is using sniper platoons to target the Taliban and 'The Long', as the snipers call it, can take out insurgents from a mile away."

bcp

In My Opinion
Pictured: The supergun that kills from a mile - and the camouflaged crackshots using it against the Taliban | Mail Online

"British Army snipers call it 'the Silent Assassin' and it is the weapon the Taliban fear the most.

It is the British-made L115A3 Long Range Rifle which, in recent weeks, has killed scores of enemy fighters in Afghanistan.

In a new initiative on the front line, the Army is using sniper platoons to target the Taliban and 'The Long', as the snipers call it, can take out insurgents from a mile away."
cant fear be considered a means of torture?
somebody needs to be accountable for this torture.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Worried?

meddauna

welcome to 2002:howdy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper#Range said:
The longest range recorded for a sniper kill currently stands at 2,430 meters (2,657 yd, or 1.51 miles), accomplished by Corporal Rob Furlong, a sniper from Newfoundland, Canada, in March 2002 during the war in Afghanistan. Furlong made this record-breaking kill while he was participating in Operation Anaconda. He was serving with Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) at the time. To make the kill, he used a .50 caliber BMG (12.7 mm) McMillan TAC-50 bolt-action rifle.

BOP

Hold still for ju-ust a minute....

BOP

cant fear be considered a means of torture?
somebody needs to be accountable for this torture.

It's Bush's fault.

The Taliban's civil rights are being violated! Call Jesse! Call Al! Call Barak!

R

RadioPatrol

Hah! Mine's bigger:

20mm SNIPER RIFLE

Surprisingly, there are several manufacturers of the 20mm variant, but this one is a sweet piece.

Mechem a division of Denel a South African arms manufacturer were so impressed with the rifle when it was shown to them they bought all rights and patents of it, they then manufactured it themselves on a production line.

:popcorn:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Hah! Mine's bigger:

20mm SNIPER RIFLE

Surprisingly, there are several manufacturers of the 20mm variant, but this one is a sweet piece.

25mm Bushmaster, send an HE round down range, don't even have to hit the target just get close... and if that doesn't work, send 300 rounds per minute, ones bound to take him out....

AP round at 1.5 miles..

THAT being said, snipers have been hitting targets at or over a mile for a LONG time.. just we weren't in the environment conducive to those kind of shots. Not many clear 1 mile shots in the jungle...

Always wanted to be a sniper, but at the time it was regulated by the unit you were in, and very few Army units had snipers.

LateApex

Always wanted to be a sniper, but at the time it was regulated by the unit you were in, and very few Army units had snipers.

Being a Corpsman pretty much guaranteed I couldn't get sniper training.

These guys are amazing though. I've watched some guys shoot. It's a trip when you later ask them that they had to aim a couple feet to the left/right and high.

I have an AR-15 that I made into my long range gun. One thing I miss about not being on the west coast is that there are no places where I can take the gun out and plink some targets.

LateApex

13.6 kg (29.98 lb) (M82A1)

And some poor soul has to CARRY it, and the ammo.

No thanks.

Meh.

That's light.

My ruck often weighed double sometimes triple that once I got all my med gear in there.

These guys often traveled light though. Mostly used against heavily armored vehicles and for punching through buildings.