The Tides Restaurant - Try It!!

Agee

kwillia said:
I look forward to your review. If it's worth giving them a go... I will twist RoseRed and Jazzy's arm next week as they are my partners in crime when it comes to visiting the Tides for lunch. When it's the three of us... it tends to turn into "lunch and a comedic variety show"...:biggrin:

:frown:

and Jazz, :huggy:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
B/F and I went a couple of weeks ago. It was VERY good. Our waitress sucked but the food was :yum: I had a spinach salad with Chicken and a sweet and sour vinaigrette dressing. B/F had Mahi-Mahi and said it was :yum:

Last night a couple of us from work stopped in for some drinks and had their crab dip, that was very good as well.

Morpheus

hi tech
Tides Restaurant and Oyster Bar

:wench: I was at the Tides, last week after reading rave reviews about the cuisine and atmosphere last year May through December.
I finally made a decision to try it this past Friday night with my date driving for 30 minutes all the way from Calvert. Let me say this,the restaurant was beautiful but the decor was cold and too old world.The open kitchen is as I have experienced in other kind of similar establishments suppose to profess professionalism, but not here at the Tides, the so called chefs and cooks are visible wearing tee-shirts and hats flipped backwards and some looked rather raggedy.
The G.M named Dorothy, seems nice but very unprofessional and needs to resolve situations rather than trying to be (Miss Right) and also needs to be educated about as she claims a "Ruth Chris" dining experience.They need to be careful about comparing their establishment to a higher dining concept like that,for the fear of been laught at or been sued.
The food was terrible with the excepyion of the spinach salad and crab dip, steak was underseasoned ,dry and unpalatable,mash potatoes has the mouthfeel of card box,vegetables were over cooked and the shrimp appetizer with barbeque taste like rubber,I happened to see foie gras on the appetizer menu and just imagined what it was doing on a menu so unprofessionally written and cooks that would n't know what to do with it,again maybe they might be trying just to make the menu look elite .Where are the choices of seafood ,oysters and side dishes I was led to believe they serve,reading reviews and listening to friends who had been to the restaurant before.
I am not going to even say anything about service,I have one word-"terrible".Although I will single out one server "Shawn, that seems to know what he was talking about on my return visit,but my understanding about him is that he trained under previous management and the professional chef and crew they had.
One word of advise for the Tides owners and management is please dont misrepresent menu items and image. "Oyster bar!!! what a joke:war: and i thought St Marys was actually getting around to fine or casual fine dining.
Maybe i will give it and other try in six months when they actually figure out what they are doing at such high prices for mediocre or applebees food.No wonder they stay empty except for the bar.
I will write the owners and management for a refund of the rest of my holiday gift certificate I was going to use for mothers day and that they owe me a bushel of oysters and seafood.
Over all the Tides needs a complete makeover from concept to menu and management.I will keep the restrooms and bar area though.

Christy

b*tch rocket
kwillia said:
I look forward to your review. If it's worth giving them a go... I will twist RoseRed and Jazzy's arm next week as they are my partners in crime when it comes to visiting the Tides for lunch. When it's the three of us... it tends to turn into "lunch and a comedic variety show"...:biggrin:

It was great. :yay: :yay: The lunch menu prices are very reasonable. I had the special soup and salad of the day. which was a tomato and roasted pepper soup and a mixed greens salad with strawberries and blackberries and blue cheese. :drool:

I've never been for dinner. Maybe I'll drag Steve there tonight. :whistle: