There goes reflectors !

3CATSAILOR

Well, I guess it was a matter of time. Some reflectors along 235 started to go missing. And then more were gone. Now I noticed SHA filled in where they once were with black pavement. Of course the idea of the reflectors was intended to improve "safety". But, based on the masive amount of accidents in SMC, it is quite doiubtful any County or State offical is genuinely concerned about safety any more. My response is if they were "honestly concerned" they would be doing a hundred times more than they are now..

I do know that our Deputies and Troopers are really doing the best they can. I do believe that. But, they have very little help and are outnumbered by the violators in a County with over 100,000 people. I know of a good solution that will solve the problem. But, it is costly. And our County government thinks they are broke after the BOE got a hold of them. Meanwhile, I don't expect any help with the State. For that matter, I noticed School buses going through stop signs "again". Still "nothing done about it".

Grumpy

Well, I guess it was a matter of time. Some reflectors along 235 started to go missing. And then more were gone. Now I noticed SHA filled in where they once were with black pavement. Of course the idea of the reflectors was intended to improve "safety". But, based on the masive amount of accidents in SMC, it is quite doiubtful any County or State offical is genuinely concerned about safety any more. My response is if they were "honestly concerned" they would be doing a hundred times more than they are now..

I do know that our Deputies and Troopers are really doing the best they can. I do believe that. But, they have very little help and are outnumbered by the violators in a County with over 100,000 people. I know of a good solution that will solve the problem. But, it is costly. And our County government thinks they are broke after the BOE got a hold of them. Meanwhile, I don't expect any help with the State. For that matter, I noticed School buses going through stop signs "again". Still "nothing done about it".
You really need to contact a few of your commissioners, they love to hear from you.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
This has happened everywhere I've seen reflectors installed, not just around here. They get put in new with a new road, but as they inevitably get damaged, they are not fixed or replaced. Eventually, they are all gone. Especially prevalent in the NorthEast where snow plows chew them up.

Just not cost effective to replace them, or pull them up, lay a new surface and put them down again.