there is this thing called an Exchange Server .....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Emails From Hillary Clinton’s IT Director at State Department Appear to Be Missing

After this story was posted, Trudeau reached out to ABC News, amending her previous statement to say that despite the absence of his original pst file, some small amount of Pagliano’s email has been recovered, suggesting they were gleaned from other email accounts.

This statement about Pagliano’s email comes in response to a FOIA request-turned-lawsuit by the Republican National Committee, which wants the State Department to turn over all his emails as well as Clinton’s text and Blackberry Messenger communications. In a court filing today, the RNC said the State Department has told them there are no documents responsive to either of those requests.

Pagliano was responsible for setting up the now-infamous private server in the basement of the Clinton's home in Chappaqua, New York. He has since become a key witness in the FBI inquiry into the handling of sensitive material on that server and has been granted immunity by the Justice Department in exchange for his cooperation.

“It’s hard to believe that an IT staffer who set up Hillary Clinton’s reckless email server never sent or received a single work-related email in the four years he worked at the State Department," the RNC's Deputy Communications Director, Raj Shah, said in a statement to ABC News. "Such records might shed light on his role in setting up Clinton’s server, and why he was granted immunity by the FBI. But it seems that his emails were either destroyed or never turned over, adding yet another layer to the secrecy surrounding his role.”

the PST [or OST] is the local mail store on a users computer, the email should still reside on the exchange server - depending on a retention and archiving policy

Larry Gude

Strung Out
the PST [or OST] is the local mail store on a users computer, the email should still reside on the exchange server - depending on a retention and archiving policy

Wouldn't he know that? And have taken steps to control that? I'm asking.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Wouldn't he know that? And have taken steps to control that? I'm asking.

it depends on the configuration .....

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...-and-ost-6d4197ec-1304-4b81-a17d-66d4eef30b78

my point was, the PST file has nothing to do with the Gov. ability to provide the email requested via the FOIA Request.
the mail is stored on the exchange server - and depending on the Retention policy may sit there on the server in the users 'mailbox' 3 months or more backed up to tape every night
[well it should be - but Gov IT isn't all it is cracked up to be, that is a different discussion]

even an email delivered this morning and deleted 10 min later, will remain on the exchange server for x number of days and get backed up as part of the mail store, for potential recovery later.

Grumpy

Saw a blurb this morning and I believe it was Napolitano with Megan Kelly, he said something about an argument in the Kremlin about releasing 20,000 emails they hacked from Hillary. Not seeing much about it, did I dream that?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Saw a blurb this morning and I believe it was Napolitano with Megan Kelly, he said something about an argument in the Kremlin about releasing 20,000 emails they hacked from Hillary. Not seeing much about it, did I dream that?

Can't we just get it all from the NSA?

stgislander

PREMO Member

Boy if that were true, that would be the end of Hillary's campaign.

Clem72

PST files are local archival copies of e-mails. Gurps is right that any backups from the server should be where everyone else's backups are, and should be complete. Otherwise their whole IT department should be facing inquiries / jail time.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wouldn't that be dealing within this administration/power structure?? Think there would be more cooperation dealing with the Ruskies.

Allow me to rephrase. There are copies and they are readily available. Assuming permission and willingness.

Restitution

Once again... for the cheap seats....

No one is going to take the chance at pizzing off the next potential POTUS! PERIOD!!!

Everyone is sitting on their hands until the election is over. IF and when Hillary is soundly defeated, expect quick movement on the email agenda!