There isn't a military forum...

oldman

Lobster Land
Spent two 3 month TAD tours on the USS Indy in the Med late 70's as LPO of a small detachment. Didn't like it. Way to many people and never got a real chance to meet them. I much rather liked the small boys where you had a chance of knowing everyone. Only thing I really liked about the carrier was watching flight ops, both day and night. Wish everyone could experience that because it's just out of this world.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Spent two 3 month TAD tours on the USS Indy in the Med late 70's as LPO of a small detachment. Didn't like it. Way to many people and never got a real chance to meet them. I much rather liked the small boys where you had a chance of knowing everyone. Only thing I really liked about the carrier was watching flight ops, both day and night. Wish everyone could experience that because it's just out of this world.

Carriers are way cool but being an aircrewman based on an Amphibious assault ship flying at night, on night vision goggles and doing landings in between other turning helicopters is some serious adrenaline pumping stuff. I miss it! takes good crew coordination and some cojones! Course landing a fighter on a postage stamp at night takes its own cojones and more cojones to the ground guys dodging planes, jetwash, props and cables!

E

(((echo)))

Carriers are way cool but being an aircrewman based on an Amphibious assault ship flying at night, on night vision goggles and doing landings in between other turning helicopters is some serious adrenaline pumping stuff. I miss it! takes good crew coordination and some cojones! Course landing a fighter on a postage stamp at night takes its own cojones and more cojones to the ground guys dodging planes, jetwash, props and cables!

There are only 2 things i miss being out to sea....

sunrises
sunsets

after 3 cruises i never say 2 that were the same

E

(((echo)))

Nothing like being on the cats, holding onto a padeye, and getting the crap rattled out of ya. There are days when I miss it.

warmin up your box lunch on the launch valves....up at the wee hours oh the morning on steam watch, button running, water break inspections,
:lol:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
We watched it the other night for the first time. Pretty interesting. Gives us non-military people a look at what its really like. My son wanted to go in the Navy, but we told him he wouldnt fit in a ship or they wouldnt have boots to fit him. He is 6'5" and wears a 16 shoe.

He could always be a MARINE!

BTW I can still remember getting Casset tapes in the mail with my daddys voice on them talkining to us.

and then mom recording me on that gigantic casset recorder she used for her job.

innocencence lost...