These kids are in for a rude awakening...

Hijinx

My Calc I teacher would write so hard he would bust several sticks of chalk every class. And he would throw the eraser at students that were sleeping.

When I went to school we would be the ones throwing the erasers.
Mr. Poole got so he would only leave one out, it ended up being cut into little pieces and the pieces tossed around.
All in Good fun of course. We called him Mr, Pocket.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My Calc I teacher would write so hard he would bust several sticks of chalk every class. And he would throw the eraser at students that were sleeping.

My 7th grade Social Studies teacher used to make us sit in the corner with a dunce cap on if we acted up in class, just like in the old cartoons.

Clem72

My 7th grade Social Studies teacher used to make us sit in the corner with a dunce cap on if we acted up in class, just like in the old cartoons.

I never actually had a teacher use a dunce cap (though I remember one or two "on display"). I was paddled a fair bit in elementary school by teachers and administrators. When I tell kids that now they think i'm joking or lying. More than one have told me it would be illegal for a teacher to spank a child.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I remember my father telling the Elementary School Principal that he was authorized to use corporal punishment if he saw fit, as long as it wasn't excessive. Then he told the Principal that I would get another dose of it when I got home. :faint:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I never actually had a teacher use a dunce cap (though I remember one or two "on display"). I was paddled a fair bit in elementary school by teachers and administrators. When I tell kids that now they think i'm joking or lying. More than one have told me it would be illegal for a teacher to spank a child.

Yeah, that was common in grammer school in my time too.

In those days coming home and telling your parents a teacher paddled you got you questioned or paddled again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Teachers weren't allowed to hit us, but they could shame us and then tell our parents, who would hit us. :jet:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I remember my father telling the Elementary School Principal that he was authorized to use corporal punishment if he saw fit, as long as it wasn't excessive. Then he told the Principal that I would get another dose of it when I got home. :faint:
That was certainly how things were done when I was in Elementary School. The teacher was a fairly large man and employed a fraternity paddle that he affectionately named "Irene". A few kids got a taste of Irene, but her application was rare and when she was deployed, the kids in all four classrooms in our wing would be made to line up against the walls on both sides of the hall so that everyone could see and hear the victim's anguish. Very effective and seldom required...:lmao:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Frick and Frack. ☹

He is still here, at 14.

Anybody have any idea on how I can get rid of him, without me going to jail?
Nah, keep him a while longer.

At 18/19, they gotta go, so when they hit their 30s as successful people, you can become friends with them.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I used to have to tell my oldest 17 yr old, he didn't have to make me hate him for me to want him to leave the house - I wanted him to go, no empty nest problems here.

Now I welcome him home with open arms, I am so proud of the man he has become, the family he and his wife are raising, the life he is living.