Thinking of moving to Waldorf, recomendations?

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9
I was refered here by City Data. I live in White Marsh, Baltimore county. I got a new job in D.C. I also want to be closer to D.C. since most of my occupations will lie in that area. I remember when I was growing up Waldorf (5yo during the early 90s) was a pretty ruff area. There were a lot of security issues. I also remember a lot of night clubs were there. I got a job in D.C. and a couple of people told me waldorf has became a "bedroom" community. I have a wife and two children. I don't want to expose them to bad schools.

Stay away from Waldorf
:howdy:
Just my two pennies worth.

Happylife

Yeah I took a quick drive in through 301 and Waldorf, no way in hell.

I bought a house in Waldorf in 2003 and it was sold 6 months later. The commute is HORRIBLE and the people are getting worse. When I was living there we had a man posing as a Direct TV sales person going door to door and then he came back and broke into several homes - my neighbors included. It wasnt worth the safety of our children to stay there so we packed up and moved to Calvert County - best decision we have EVER made. We did rent in several different area's - all over the North End but we eventually ended up settling in down South on the water - and we love it!

Good luck with whatever you decide!