This thread is for Chris0nllyn and the other few Libertarians here....

littlelady

God bless the USA
In MHO the mistake the Republicans are making is trying to replace Obamacare. It was created as a way to get the middle class to pay for insurance for everyone else. Just do away with it. People were not left dying on the doorsteps of hospitals prior to it becoming law and they will not die on those doorsteps if it were to be repealed!

Very well said. Thanks for your feedback.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Actually, that is not entirely true. The vast majority of Congressional members and staffers get their insurance through the DC Health Link’s “Gold Tier”. DC’s Obamacare Exchange. If a member or staffer purchases insurance elsewhere, they forgo the 75% employer subsidy which is based on a weighted average of the FEHB plan premiums. Some members choose to buy insurance through their home state’s exchange or the state’s federal exchange but, in these cases, they don’t get the employer subsidy.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43194.pdf

Thanks for the correction. I do know that gov employees have waaayyy better insurance than we have had through USBank since the implementation of Obamacare. Also, I heard today that 1 in 4 Americans are on Medicaid. If y'all want a link, I will try to find one.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Thanks for the correction. I do know that gov employees have waaayyy better insurance than we have had through USBank since the implementation of Obamacare. Also, I heard today that 1 in 4 Americans are on Medicaid. If y'all want a link, I will try to find one.

Yes, please. I'd be interested in seeing that.

nutz

Where did you come up with that? There wasn't a penalty for large companies that had health insurance options. USBank may have changed plans to lower their portion and increase the employees.
Postal service employees probably have the best insurance plans out there.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Where did you come up with that? There wasn't a penalty for large companies that had health insurance options. USBank may have changed plans to lower their portion and increase the employees.
Postal service employees probably have the best insurance plans out there.

You are correct. USB did change health insurance (BCBS to UHC). Our premiums and deductible shot skywards. It was, essentially, like not having insurance. And, the bank doesn't insure its retirees, anymore. Triple whammy.

Thank you, Obama.

Last edited: