Thoroughly Annoyed.

SugarNSpikes

Several years ago, this older couple moved into the house next to my grandma's. Nice enough people, until they stopped taking care of their dog. They would leave him outside without any shelter, never feed him and he was lucky to get fresh water once a week. His collar was too small and started to get into his skin, in which my grandma promptly removed and purchased a new collar for the neighbors poor dog (They clearly didn't care). The flies were so bad that they would gnaw at his ears until they bled. These people would leave for two weeks and leave the dog to fend for himself.
For 4-5 years, my grandma took care of him. They told her that they didn't care. All my grandma asked was that if they're leaving, let her know so she could watch the dog. Well about two weeks ago, they up and left again and the dog was horribly sick. He barely moved, stop eating, and when you touched him, he let out a horrible whine. There was no way to contact the owners, again, they didn't care.

So my grandma did what any reasonable person would do and try to get help for the dog. Well, the idiots at the PG Humane Society refused to do anything, they told my grandma that it wasn't her place to mess with the neighbors dog, no matter how sick he was. She called again the next day and they finally took him. He died three days later from heartworms.

Can you believe that? People make me so angry.

And THEN, my grandma is outside about a week ago.. and they already have a new dog.

wineo

loving life
Several years ago, this older couple moved into the house next to my grandma's. Nice enough people, until they stopped taking care of their dog. They would leave him outside without any shelter, never feed him and he was lucky to get fresh water once a week. His collar was too small and started to get into his skin, in which my grandma promptly removed and purchased a new collar for the neighbors poor dog (They clearly didn't care). The flies were so bad that they would gnaw at his ears until they bled. These people would leave for two weeks and leave the dog to fend for himself.
For 4-5 years, my grandma took care of him. They told her that they didn't care. All my grandma asked was that if they're leaving, let her know so she could watch the dog. Well about two weeks ago, they up and left again and the dog was horribly sick. He barely moved, stop eating, and when you touched him, he let out a horrible whine. There was no way to contact the owners, again, they didn't care.

So my grandma did what any reasonable person would do and try to get help for the dog. Well, the idiots at the PG Humane Society refused to do anything, they told my grandma that it wasn't her place to mess with the neighbors dog, no matter how sick he was. She called again the next day and they finally took him. He died three days later from heartworms.

And THEN, my grandma is outside about a week ago.. and they already have a new dog.

report them to the Humane (sp) Society and ASPCA. Someone needs to dog nap the new dog to save it from them.

SugarNSpikes

Already tried to report them, but because the dog looks to be in reasonable health and they technically haven't done anything wrong, the PGHS won't interfere until the new dog is sick or something along those lines. They'll just 'monitor' the situation, but so far nobody has done anything.

The dog is only temporarily there because it's their sons dog, but it doesn't make any sense that they would just suddenly take their sons dog, who lives in an apartment and "can't keep it."

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
If you had reported the first dog to the ASPCA, they would have banned them from owning/having another animal. Bless your Grandma for trying but it was handled wrong, IMO.

SugarNSpikes

Agreed.

Will definitely keep the ASPCA in mind in case anything else goes wrong.

What's their contact information/where do they operate out of MD?

TotalEclipse31

People like that deserve to be treated the same way. The government should be more stricts on who they let own pets. That really pisses me off.

SugarNSpikes

People like that deserve to be treated the same way. The government should be more stricts on who they let own pets. That really pisses me off.

Me too. The guidelines need to be much more strict - if they get an animal from a rescue, they should be screened more carefully and if they treat an animal poorly, they get put on the ####-list which is sent out to every rescue in the country, and they need to do more regular check-ups on the dogs in their new environments.. When I adopted my dog several years back, we got him, submitted records of his shots and whatever else the Charles County humane Society wanted and that was that. Granted, my dog is spoiled rotten, but still.. they never checked up on him or any other dog.

And then breeders should screen buyers more carefully too, but most of the good breeders do anyway.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
:yeahthat:

The humane society has been called several times over the years. Nobody cared. PG = Full of idiots. :[

Wow, this sounds like the people in my neighborhood. I've called on them numerous times over the years because they leave their dog out 24/7, winter/spring/summer fall, snow, thunderstorms, lightening, need I go on? Well, I had given up on calling anymore because nothing was done for this poor dog...Well, a few weeks agon when it was 15 degrees and I looked out my window, yep, there he was all curled up laying next to the house. So, I called and explained the history...they did go and the animal control called me after they visited. Guess what...not a damn thing can be done to protect this dog and do you know why?.....because there is a dog house out in the middle of their yard...yep, a dog house so they can't take the dog. I asked, ok, with terrible weather conditions and the dog left outside, you're telling me you cannot do anything becuase they happen to have a dog house in the yard?...yep was the answer. Dog never had a dog house until one of my past calls to them, therefore, it didn't know to go into a dog house, probably looked at the dog house and said, what is that?. I've even called my neighbor to tell them that their 20lb bag of dogfood is outside in the pouring rain....just makes me sick and even sicker than nothing can be done.
Thanks for listening and letting me vent on your subject....I understand the frustration.

dawn

Wow, this sounds like the people in my neighborhood. I've called on them numerous times over the years because they leave their dog out 24/7, winter/spring/summer fall, snow, thunderstorms, lightening, need I go on? Well, I had given up on calling anymore because nothing was done for this poor dog...Well, a few weeks agon when it was 15 degrees and I looked out my window, yep, there he was all curled up laying next to the house. So, I called and explained the history...they did go and the animal control called me after they visited. Guess what...not a damn thing can be done to protect this dog and do you know why?.....because there is a dog house out in the middle of their yard...yep, a dog house so they can't take the dog. I asked, ok, with terrible weather conditions and the dog left outside, you're telling me you cannot do anything becuase they happen to have a dog house in the yard?...yep was the answer. Dog never had a dog house until one of my past calls to them, therefore, it didn't know to go into a dog house, probably looked at the dog house and said, what is that?. I've even called my neighbor to tell them that their 20lb bag of dogfood is outside in the pouring rain....just makes me sick and even sicker than nothing can be done.
Thanks for listening and letting me vent on your subject....I understand the frustration.

Times like these, are when the animal "accidently gets out" and never to been seen again.......................................

because it would be at a much better home finally getting the love it deserves! My neigbors did that to their cat, which I ended up vetting, nutering, feeding, de-fleaing, etc. then they got a dog, and once again I did the same with the dog (until I think she was posioned).

I CAN NOT sit by and watch anything like that. For goodness sake, I stop and move turtles out of the road when they are trying to cross. :blushing:

Last edited:

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
Times like these, are when the animal "accidently gets out" and never to been seen again.......................................

because it would be at a much better home finally getting the love it deserves! My neigbors did that to their cat, which I ended up vetting, nutering, feeling, de-fleaing, etc. then they got a dog, and once again I did the same with the dog (until I think she was posioned).

I CAN NOT sit by and watch anything like that. For goodness sake, I stop and move turtles out of the road when they are trying to cross. :blushing:

I fully agree but what can we really do legally? As much as we care, not sure about you but I wouldn't want to go to jail or have charges pressed against me, or have the neighbors do something to my home....if the law was on our side and not the terrible owners, then maybe I'd think differently, khow what I mean?

aubriana

Simple. The next time your neighbors leave their house make the dog "disappear".

SoMDGirl42

This is sad. I guess in the long run, it would have been better if the dog had died while tied out. Your grandma could have called animal control then, and maybe, just maybe, they could have been charged with animal cruelty or something. Poor doggie, at least he isn't suffering anymore.

JULZ

BFJ

Take the dog when they aren't home and find a good, loving home for it.

JULZ

BFJ

because it would be at a much better home finally getting the love it deserves! My neigbors did that to their cat, which I ended up vetting, nutering, feeling, de-fleaing, etc. then they got a dog, and once again I did the same with the dog (until I think she was posioned).

:twitch: