those damn off duty cops

Annoying_Boy

How does that data base provide for the safety and security of my family? Private security firms don't have the same authority, qualifications, or are under the same scruitiny as my local law enforcement.

You clowns still haven't supplied an answer as to why this rent a cop service can't be administered by the County and not the off duty cops themselves, have you?

We know the answer.

We'll be waiting...

:killingme

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You clowns still haven't supplied an answer as to why this rent a cop service can't be administered by the County and not the off duty cops themselves, have you?

We know the answer.

We'll be waiting...

See my post in the other thread on this subject..the one with all the links to the many services across the country that manage off-duty security.

It's a good one.

justiceforall

We know the answer.

We'll be waiting...

There is nothing wrong with the off duty employers paying the state. The only headache that would cause is now the state would have to pay someone to schedule the off duty work, where as now that service is done for free by the person who is in charge of the off duty site.

So your solution would increase tax dollars spent on off duty employment rather than not.

Why does it matter to you if the part time employer pays the state or not?

ontheriver

Omg

Blow it out your butt. Some of those people he photographs haven't had their day in court and aren't guilty until they do.

:popcorn:

are you kidding? When did you EVER care about "their day in court"

You were judge, jury and executioner with most every story you ever printed.

Only thing I'm blowing out my butt is you. Have a nice day.

TurboK9

When someone joins the military part of the contract that is signed includes family care, like police the military is not a high paying job and NO ONE does these jobs to make it RICH! Sailors and Soldiers are TAXED too on their salary so consider it on his dime for whatever his wife is doing to make it better for them now or in the future! I would rather know someone who works than someone who sits on there a$$ doing nothing but complain and waiting for their next government check!

:yay:

I was never allowed to deliver pizza for extra $$ with my HMMWV, :lol:

The only problem I have with cops doing security work using metro / county resources, is that there are people who make even more of a crap salary that could really use that work. They are called 'security officers' and they are completely self funded / equipped, and their presence is no less effective than the presence of a cop. :shrug:

CrashTest

With all due respect, this has to be one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever read, anywhere, about anything. As I have always said, cop-haters are the same everywhere. I am never disappointed in their never ending attempts to bad mouth our Police. They are so predictable and pathetic.

Folks like to turn it into cop hating the same way that lefties turn opposition of Obama policies into racism. It has nothing to do with cop hating the same way that opposition of Obama has nothing to do with racism. It has to do with questioning the use of govt assets and possible conflict of interest.

Here's a long article about the corruption of the New Orleans PD. About 10 paragraphs are dedicated to how private security details lead to the corruption. I know none of the cheerleaders will read it and I know the corruption would never happen here because it was the "crap salaries" in the New Orleans PD that caused it all. Hey wait, didn't one of the OP say the PD here needs to work details because of their "crap salaries"?

— The Road to Corruption: Part 1 -- 'The Big Sleazy' — Crime Library on truTV.com

justiceforall

How do you guys sleep at night?

First the argument was taxes would go up because of all the crime that would occur if off-duty cops had to stop working those $30 per hour, cash, protection racket gigs because more cops would have to be hired.

Now the latest scare tactic is we'll need to hire people to schedule the cops working.

Let's do all that and see how long all this crap lasts?

You keep talking about $30 an hour cash protetion racket gigs. That's b.s. Any job an off duty officer takes is subject to the same tax rules of the IRS as any other employment. I don't know of any secondary employment which pays cash without a record of the cash being dispensed and a tax form given to the cop. How do you sleep at night?

So that is your real agenda here, end part time employment for police officers. Well, too bad the vast majority of people here don't want to see it end. They enjoy the benefits of having extra police officers on the street for the cost of a gallon of gas.

Just one question AB

First the argument was taxes would go up because of all the crime that would occur if off-duty cops had to stop working those $30 per hour, cash, protection racket gigs because more cops would have to be hired.

Now the latest scare tactic is we'll need to hire people to schedule the cops working.

Well guess what: damn right we will. And we'll charge the person renting "our" cop and "our" taxpayer equipment for that person, and we'll collect money for the use of "our equipment and the maintenance costs etc.," and the cop can take whatever the hell is left minus payroll taxes, SS, and all other deductions our tax system requires.

Oh, and if the cop is injured during this off duty gig, it's his own problem, not ours.

And then we'll bill the nuissance businesses that like to incite 500 people to run through their doors to get one of three Xboxes for the use of these cops, and the same goes for bar owners that make their year in one day at their county's expense.

Are you prepared to swear before God that you never, ever, paid out any under-the-table salaries during the many, many years in the many different businesses you have been involved in? How is that any different? Isn't that using taxpayer money to further YOUR own interest. I'm just really curious as to how you will respond.

G

Gemmi

Well guess what: damn right we will. And we'll charge the person renting "our" cop and "our" taxpayer equipment for that person, and we'll collect money for the use of "our equipment and the maintenance costs etc.," and the cop can take whatever the hell is left minus payroll taxes, SS, and all other deductions our tax system requires.

Oh, and if the cop is injured during this off duty gig, it's his own problem, not ours.

And then we'll bill the nuissance businesses that like to incite 500 people to run through their doors to get one of three Xboxes for the use of these cops, and the same goes for bar owners that make their year in one day at their county's expense.

I really hope you are in need of a police officer's assistance one day and there are none around. Then you'll be whining like the little child you are.

CrashTest

Sorry to break this to you, but this isn't New Orleans... What a shame that these 4 guys or however many they had in that van didn't make it to your house, would save us all. Go do some CrashTest's on those smart cars and never return again. Take the pathetic excuse of a human being Annoying kid along with you and any other ignorant fools that are hating the cops because they got busted with their drugs.

The real question is, how do you sleep at night? Being a piece of trash, cold-hearted worried person? How the heck can you sleep with all that hate inside? I bet you don't even mention any of this in person, because if you did you wouldn't have many friends. I doubt you do anyways...

The only argument you have is to say this isn't NOLA and to do some name calling. Not exactly captain of your HS debate team were you?

Corruption in NOLA was the result of "crap salaries". All the cheerleaders here are always beating the salary drum as a reason the cops here need the details. Can you explain that?

justiceforall

The truth of the matter is that A_B, minute man, and crash test don't really care about the tax payer. They have been given plenty of examples of how off duty police officers save the tax payers money because of preventing, assisting, or helping in incidents because they are closer than on duty units or there are no on duty units available.

The fact is, I do as much for the community at large when I am working off duty as I do for the business that is paying me. I conduct traffic safety to and from, and sometimes while working off duty. I enforce laws of everyone when I am working off duty. I preserve the peace when I am off duty and I respond to emergency calls which are in the proximity to where I am working. I have made arrests while off duty and not charged the state a nickel.

foodcritic

Folks like to turn it into cop hating the same way that lefties turn opposition of Obama policies into racism. It has nothing to do with cop hating the same way that opposition of Obama has nothing to do with racism. It has to do with questioning the use of govt assets and possible conflict of interest.

Here's a long article about the corruption of the New Orleans PD. About 10 paragraphs are dedicated to how private security details lead to the corruption. I know none of the cheerleaders will read it and I know the corruption would never happen here because it was the "crap salaries" in the New Orleans PD that caused it all. Hey wait, didn't one of the OP say the PD here needs to work details because of their "crap salaries"?

— The Road to Corruption: Part 1 -- 'The Big Sleazy' — Crime Library on truTV.com

I have no doubt there is corruption. That is part of the world we live in. I won't argue that with you. The article demonstrates that ultimately corruption will be found out and the violators disciplined/fired what ever.

I still believe and have seen the benefits of using off duty police officers to work part-time, business money and ultimately the tax payer. Police presence deters crime. It's a fact. The fact that the a car may be involved is a non issue. Most of the compensation of an employee is the salary/benefits to the employee. The car is paid for and if it's not it's getting paid to sit parked in a driveway. In PG county officers park their cars in the lot at the request of business owners. The officers don't even need to be there. The people want the presence of the police for reasons so obvious it does not seem rational to have to explain it....

Every agency has a policy and procedure to work part time. Requests and approvals need to be made. You just can't go work anywhere whenever you want for some cash. As a matter of fact in most agencies you would have to get approval to help your buddy demo a house if he pays you and you do it as a "part-time" job. Police officers get paid peanuts for what they do as so eloquently stated by the late great Paul Harvey. They need to work part time in many cases just to make ends meat. Why such resistance if not some underlying discord against police officers. Do we scandalize every profession because of the actions of a few bad apples?

If you read any AB post a reasonable person may conclude that all SOMD forumites are maniacal, crazed conspiracy theorists. Would that be accurate to describe all of us......:killingme

justiceforall

The only argument you have is to say this isn't NOLA and to do some name calling. Not exactly captain of your HS debate team were you?

Corruption in NOLA was the result of "crap salaries". All the cheerleaders here are always beating the salary drum as a reason the cops here need the details. Can you explain that?

The standards to hire police officers in Maryland are much higher than that in New Orleans. Having known some police adminstrators there, and knowing what they go through, it's no wonder you have this sort of vice. It isn't the crap salaries, it's the crap people.

foodcritic

The standards to hire police officers in Maryland are much higher than that in New Orleans. Having known some police adminstrators there, and knowing what they go through, it's no wonder you have this sort of vice. It isn't the crap salaries, it's the crap people.

You don't even have to go to NO. MPD was horribly corrupt for years. Cleaning up the system takes time and money. MPD is a much better agency today then it was 20 years ago. Firing the bad and trying to hire quality people. That takes a huge amount of time doing background checks etc...

justiceforall

Poor you.

Military folks spend days, weeks, months, and years away from home, sometimes working 24 hours or more per shift and don't get any overtime pay.

Tell me the last time you spent six continuous months confined to the Sheriff's office?

And to add insult to injury, military people have to drive their own car home.

:jameo:

I never had to spend six months at a sheriff's office, but did stay at the police academy for about that much time with some weekends off.

I didn't think they were allowing soldiers in Afgahnastan to bring their pov's over there. Thanks for the information. :killingme

You keep bringing up the military. So what? They have the same opportunity as me if they meet my qualifications. I went into the military and here I am.

The president of the United States gets a driver and body guards. So what? Every job has it's benefits and when you are hired as a State Trooper you are told there is a take home vehicle policy and you get to use your vehicle in accordance with that policy.

Quit your belly achin.

foodcritic

Priceless!

Posted by the guy who makes a living by photographing cops, hurt people, their wrecked vehicles, fireman, and ambulances.

And, could you tell us just how you get clued in about all these raids that are going to go down so that you just happen to be there? Interesting, being that they won't even tell Fritz some days.

Go figure.

You figured out another conspiracy......he is a secret government employee.....cash only! :whack:

CrashTest

Linking a site that is from another state is the only thing you have done in this argument. :killingme

I guess what you're trying to say is that money has a different effect on people who live in Maryland versus people who live out if state. Would love to hear what that theory is based on.