Thought for the day

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Do you call yourself a Christian? Are you fooling yourself? If you are, you aren't fooling God.
Ephesians 5:1-7

1Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

3But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. 4Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person–such a man is an idolater–has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.[a] 6Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7Therefore do not be partners with them.
If your theology does not match with the Bible, it is not God's word that is wrong.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
If you call yourself Christian, are you like those of the church in Laodicea.
Revelation 3:14-22
14"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm–neither hot nor cold–I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. 21To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”
Are you lukewarm, not hot or cold. if you are, did you read what Jesus says about those kind of church goers? "I am about to spit you out of my mouth". He doesn't want them if they can't make up their mind whether they want to really follow Him.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
1 Samuel 15:22-23
22 But Samuel replied:
"Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD ? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. 23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD , he has rejected you as king."
Samuel was talking to King Saul in this passage, but the Bible always talks to us through the example of others, so this scriture is for Christians too. Christians are to obey God. Obeying comes from the heart. We cannot obey without yielding our lives to Him. We can go to church morning, noon, and night every day of our lives, give 90% of our income to the church and still not live obedient lives. God is concerned about what we do with our lives, the fruit that we can produce for the Kingdom from our efforts, but He is first and foremost concerned with our obedience. Obedience flows from a heart that is yielded to Him, a life that is surrendered to do HIS will and not OUR will.

Today you will have a chance to obey or rebel against God. During every day there are many opportunities that we consciously choose to obey or rebel against God. It is no accident that God has allowed you to read this. God is preparing you for the very next decision that you will make where you can either obey Him, or choose your own way. Think about the very next decision that you have to make. Will it be His way or yours?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Is God a loving God? Without a doubt.
John 3:16
16“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Did Jesus teach us to love each other? Yes.
Matthew 5:43-44
43“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Does God have standard that we must follow and did Jesus teach that? Yes.
Matthew 5:17-19
17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Did Jesus ever get angry? Definitely.
Matthew 21:12-13
12Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13“It is written,” he said to them, “ ‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it a ‘den of robbers.’”

I have been told
your pretty negative for a Christian
I pray I am only truthful. It has been all too common for ministers and churches to teach only the love and forgiveness of God. Some have extended even further to tolerance for sin. It is not popular to proclaim that God does not tolerate sin and that there are consequences for sinning. Now God does show His children tolerance for our mistakes, but make no mistake, God is not tolerant of sin. He loves everyone and came as Jesus to provide reconciliation to Him for all, but we must come to Him on His terms.

Yes, there is love, patience, kindness beyond all measure for those that love God. I certainly cannot judge anyone; it is wrong for me to do so.
Romans 2:1-4
1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?
But it is right to proclaim the word of God.
Mark 16:15-16
15He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
The Bible teaches us about the plan of God, His love, and His wrath. As Christians, we must recognize that He loves everyone; He wants everyone to love Him, but He is righteous and will eventually bring His righteous judgment on all the earth.

I pray that you will read your Bible, search and pray for His wisdom, and find His precious gift of salvation through His sacrifice on the cross and resurrection. May God richly bless you.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Do you ever feel overwhelmed? Feel like everything and everybody is working against you? God is the overcomer of all obstacles. Did you ever read the account of when the Israelites fought the Midianite and other armies?
Judges 7
1 Early in the morning, Jerub-Baal (that is, Gideon) and all his men camped at the spring of Harod. The camp of Midian was north of them in the valley near the hill of Moreh. 2 The LORD said to Gideon, "You have too many men for me to deliver Midian into their hands. In order that Israel may not boast against me that her own strength has saved her, 3 announce now to the people, 'Anyone who trembles with fear may turn back and leave Mount Gilead.' " So twenty-two thousand men left, while ten thousand remained.

4 But the LORD said to Gideon, "There are still too many men. Take them down to the water, and I will sift them for you there. If I say, 'This one shall go with you,' he shall go; but if I say, 'This one shall not go with you,' he shall not go."

5 So Gideon took the men down to the water. There the LORD told him, "Separate those who lap the water with their tongues like a dog from those who kneel down to drink." 6 Three hundred men lapped with their hands to their mouths. All the rest got down on their knees to drink.

7 The LORD said to Gideon, "With the three hundred men that lapped I will save you and give the Midianites into your hands. Let all the other men go, each to his own place." 8 So Gideon sent the rest of the Israelites to their tents but kept the three hundred, who took over the provisions and trumpets of the others.

Now the camp of Midian lay below him in the valley. 9 During that night the LORD said to Gideon, "Get up, go down against the camp, because I am going to give it into your hands. 10 If you are afraid to attack, go down to the camp with your servant Purah 11 and listen to what they are saying. Afterward, you will be encouraged to attack the camp." So he and Purah his servant went down to the outposts of the camp. 12 The Midianites, the Amalekites and all the other eastern peoples had settled in the valley, thick as locusts. Their camels could no more be counted than the sand on the seashore.

13 Gideon arrived just as a man was telling a friend his dream. "I had a dream," he was saying. "A round loaf of barley bread came tumbling into the Midianite camp. It struck the tent with such force that the tent overturned and collapsed."

14 His friend responded, "This can be nothing other than the sword of Gideon son of Joash, the Israelite. God has given the Midianites and the whole camp into his hands."

15 When Gideon heard the dream and its interpretation, he worshiped God. He returned to the camp of Israel and called out, "Get up! The LORD has given the Midianite camp into your hands." 16 Dividing the three hundred men into three companies, he placed trumpets and empty jars in the hands of all of them, with torches inside.

17 "Watch me," he told them. "Follow my lead. When I get to the edge of the camp, do exactly as I do. 18 When I and all who are with me blow our trumpets, then from all around the camp blow yours and shout, 'For the LORD and for Gideon.' "

19 Gideon and the hundred men with him reached the edge of the camp at the beginning of the middle watch, just after they had changed the guard. They blew their trumpets and broke the jars that were in their hands. 20 The three companies blew the trumpets and smashed the jars. Grasping the torches in their left hands and holding in their right hands the trumpets they were to blow, they shouted, "A sword for the LORD and for Gideon!" 21 While each man held his position around the camp, all the Midianites ran, crying out as they fled.

22 When the three hundred trumpets sounded, the LORD caused the men throughout the camp to turn on each other with their swords. The army fled to Beth Shittah toward Zererah as far as the border of Abel Meholah near Tabbath. 23 Israelites from Naphtali, Asher and all Manasseh were called out, and they pursued the Midianites. 24 Gideon sent messengers throughout the hill country of Ephraim, saying, "Come down against the Midianites and seize the waters of the Jordan ahead of them as far as Beth Barah."

So all the men of Ephraim were called out and they took the waters of the Jordan as far as Beth Barah. 25 They also captured two of the Midianite leaders, Oreb and Zeeb. They killed Oreb at the rock of Oreb, and Zeeb at the winepress of Zeeb. They pursued the Midianites and brought the heads of Oreb and Zeeb to Gideon, who was by the Jordan.
So God used 301 guys to defeat a group of armies that were so numerous that even their camels could not be counted.

Now if God can defeat thousands and thousands by 301, what do you think He can do for you if you just ask? Remember why God only used 301 men. God wanted the people of Israel to know that it was His power that defeated their enemy not their own power. When God defeats your problem remember to always give Him the glory.

God loves you. He came as Jesus to save you. Call on Him and praise Him always in everything.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Make God first in your life

Excerpt from Daily Devotional (Wed. 1-5-2005)Liveprayer.com posted with permission:
(16)Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I
do to get eternal life?" (17)"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus
replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey
the commandments." (18)"Which ones?" the man inquired. Jesus replied, " 'Do
not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false
testimony, (19)honor your father and mother,'and 'love your neighbor as
yourself.'" (20)"All these I have kept," the young man said. "What do I
still lack?" (21)Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your
possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.
Then come, follow me." (22)When the young man heard this, he went away sad,
because he had great wealth. (Matthew 19:16-22 NIV)

When we encounter Christ, what do we do? Today's passage of Scripture is
that powerful story of the rich young ruler. It is a story I have
incorporated into my personal testimony that I have shared with millions
over the past 14 years through live appearances, television and radio
broadcasts, print interviews, and over the Internet. What makes this
encounter between the rich young ruler and Jesus so moving is that it does
not have a happy ending. When forced to choose between Jesus and the world,
sadly, this rich young ruler chose the world. Today, many of you are being
confronted by Jesus, and just like this rich young ruler, you have to
choose. Jesus, or this world.

The encounter between this rich young ruler and Jesus is the same encounter
people have with Christ everyday. No doubt this was a man who was very
successful by the world's standards. He had all you could ever want in this
life. However, deep down, he knew something was missing in his life. He
had obviously heard about this teacher named Jesus and approached Him one
day, asking the Lord what good deeds he must do to receive everlasting life.
This makes sense since successful people are usually very goal oriented.
They are used to performing. So it only makes sense that even in spiritual
matters, they are looking for the bottom line, what do they have to do to
succeed.

This is why a cult like Scientology flourishes and appeals to successful
people, especially people in the entertainment industry. It is a cult
strictly based on works and money. Successful people are used to buying
their way into the best clubs, the best restaurants, buying the best cars,
the best homes, the best of whatever this world has to offer. They
understand the mentality of work hard, achieve a goal, and purchase whatever
you want. So when it comes to the spiritual side of their life, they are
ripe candidates for a lie from the pits of hell like Scientology that tells
a person that with enough good works and enough money, they are assured of
being part of the spiritual elite, just like they are part of the elite in
this life.

Jesus shared with this rich young ruler some of the commandments and the
young ruler affirmed he had followed those commandments. Then Jesus shared
with this young man the price of following Christ. He told this young ruler
to go sell all that he had, give it to the poor and then come follow Him.
Now I have heard many people over the years incorrectly use this passage of
Scripture as an indictment against having wealth. That is NOT what Jesus
was saying. Christ in His omniscience knew that as long as this rich young
ruler had all of his possessions, he would never put Jesus first in his
life.

You see my friend, when you have been blessed with lots of material
possessions, lots of money, the trap so many fall into is thinking they are
sufficient unto themselves, that they don't need anyone else, even God.
When you have the ability to do whatever you want, go wherever you want to
go, buy whatever you want to buy, you get the false sense that you are in
control. While having money and possessions does give you a certain amount
of control over your life, there is still so much that you are NOT in
control of and never will be. Your faith and trust is in yourself and in
your money, not in God. In most cases, it is not even the money as much as
it is the power, the ego, the pride that comes with having wealth and
possessions. Those things are actually more difficult to let go of than the
money.
Remember to follow Jesus and make God first in all your life.
Matthew 6:33
33But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Ever feel down and out? Just feel like giving up? Read this.
posted with permission

If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe. www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL THURSDAY MARCH 3, 2005
(Hebrews 10:32)

*** TOMORROW, the REAL STORY of Terri Schiavo.

***TODAY'S MESSAGE is one that you will want to share with everyone that you know. It is a message of hope, a message of encouragement, and a message of VICTORY over the battles we all face in this life! "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9 NIV)

It is easy to quit, it takes courage to fight! As you can imagine, the vast majority of the 40,000+ emails for prayer we get every single day here at Liveprayer are from people fighting the battles of this life. Relationship problems, health issues, financial concerns, some sort of bondage, the death of someone they loved, legal cases, employment and school issues, the entire gamut of battles we all face during our journey through this life. Most people are looking to God for their hope and strength knowing that He is their answer. However, many come ready to give up, to quit.

My friend, let me share a word with you this morning that I pray will encourage you as you fight your daily battles. I realize guys like Tony Robbins and the self-help gurus make millions to tell people what I am about to share with your for free. It may seem like a very simple and basic word, but when you fully comprehend it, it can be the difference between you living a defeated life or living a life of VICTORY.

*When you face the battles of this life, it is easy to quit. It takes no skill to give up. The spineless and gutless run. Cowards are people who when faced with life's challenges, let fear paralyze them into doing nothing. When you face the battles of this life, it takes courage to fight. It takes guts to face the battles life brings our way and not back down. VICTORY ONLY COMES TO THOSE WHO ARE BRAVE ENOUGH TO STAND AND FIGHT! YOU
CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T FIGHT!

The key is knowing that our strength to fight comes from the Lord. It is our faith in Christ that gives us the ability to stand and fight the battles of this life. When Goliath was taunting the armies of Israel, the mighty men of Israel's army cowered in their tents as the heathen giant blasphemed God. They simply lacked the faith in God to fight this Philistine warrior. David, a mere shepherd boy did not hesitate for a second to take on Goliath. He had no doubt that he would win because the Lord was with him. David had FAITH that God would lead him to victory and armed with that faith, he went out and slew the giant!

How many of you today cower in your homes in the face of great battles that need to be fought? Others who are facing those exact same battles, are out there living in victory because they exercised their faith in Christ! You see, what it boils down to is having the faith in the Lord that He will help you fight and get victory over whatever battles life may throw your way. Jesus told His disciples that in this world they would have trials and tribulations. He then went on to tell them to "be of good cheer" because He had already overcome this world. What that means is that as you put your hope and faith in Christ, He will give you the strenght to stand and fight the battles of life and be victorious.

I love you and care about you so much. I know many of you are facing great battles in your life. I am honored that God has allowed me to be here each day to stand with you and help encourage you to not quit, but keep fighting. My word for you today is that there is VICTORY IN JESUS! He is your hope, He is your strength, and when you trust the Lord, He will lead you to victory over whatever battle you may have to face during this life. When you have Christ, the ONLY way to lose is to quit.

I will be praying for you today. Praying that you will be encouraged to keep pressing on in fighting the battles you are facing today and will face tomorrow. If you know Christ as your Savior, He will give you the strength to not only stand and fight, but to be victorious. It is easy to quit, it takes courage to fight. "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong." (1 Corinthians 16:13 NIV)

As we are a few days into our 67th month, I am asking you to take a moment, pray, and ask God what He would have you do to help me this month. While we are working hard to put together "The 300" to expand this outreach, those who simply aren't able to be part of that group can still participate in helping us meet our ongoing monthly operational budget of $30,000. I only ask that you are obedient, give according to your ability to give, and give what God is asking you to give. If it is $20 or $50, fine. If it is $100 or $250, fine. If it is $500, $1,000, $5,000 or the entire $30,000, fine. All I ask is that you pray and are obedient to give what God is asking you to give today.

IT HAS BEEN THE SACRIFICIAL GIFTS OF THOSE DURING THE PAST 66 MONTHS THAT HAVE ALLOWED US TO BE HERE FOR SO MANY. IT WILL BE YOUR SACRIFICIAL GIFT TODAY THAT WILL INSURE THAT WE ARE HERE FOR ALL THOSE WORLDWIDE WE WILL BE REACHING IN THE FUTURE. SO GIVE YOUR VERY BEST GIFT TODAY!

You can make a gift to Liveprayer on your major credit card at our website www.liveprayer.com under the "Donation" button, or you can give from your PayPal account by using my email address, bkeller@liveprayer.com , or you can mail a gift to:
Liveprayer
6660 46th Avenue North
St. Petersburg, Florida 33709
All gifts to Liveprayer are 100% tax deductible.

Again, thank you for your sacrifice. In those first 66 months, over 100,000 that we know of accepted Christ as their Savior, we have archived over 1,500,000 praise reports. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE THAT GOD HAS IMPACTED FOR ETERNITY BECAUSE OF YOUR SACRIFICE!

Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom of God. The exciting thing is that we are just scratching the surface of those we can reach. The time is now, the hour has come, and we are here to be a bold and visible voice to this lost and hurting world that Jesus Christ is the Lord of Lords, and King of Kings!!! Will you stand with me??? Make your sacrifice today to help further God's work here at Liveprayer!!!

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email at bkeller@liveprayer.com

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT! Never miss receiving your Daily Devotional again. LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE! Get your LPeMail account now at: www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is now available via AUDIO each day. Simply go to http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

(C) Copyright 2005, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved.

D

dems4me

Thanks 2A... I have several devotionals I read daily but the one I read the other day seemed to fit well until I gave it further thought. Per usual I did my best to try adhere to it -- like I do all the others... but somehow as hard as I try, I just can't...

It's a quote from a guy named Lessin....

"sometimes it's easier to say a kind word then to apologize for something said that was unkind"

I was doing good all day but there's a forumite on here that I just can't apply this too...

Any suggestions :shrug: All 4 cheeks I've been handing over have been smacked... :frown: Any suggestions?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Matthew 18:21-22
21Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?"
22Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
Try this.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Thank you, 2A. I was going to send you some green but got the alert that I have to spread some around first. I'll get back to ya.

Great idea using this area as a way to get the Word out! Well done!

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
salvation roulette

Are you playing "salvation roulette." Many people say they will think about getting saved, they aren't ready but will think about it. Some people know Jesus is the only way. They think before they die they will get saved, but right now they want to have their "fun". The Bible says that TODAY is the day of salvation. The Bible teaches us that tomorrow is promised to NOBODY! When you know Jesus is the only answer, and you put it off, you are playing the most dangerous game of all, "salvation roulette."

You are hoping that you will have another chance to ask Christ into your heart, when in fact you may not. You have no idea if God will allow you to wake up tomorrow morning or what the day will hold. Too many people feel fine when they wake up, but before the day is over are dead from a heart attack, illness, or an accident. Deadly accidents happen every day. The reality is, you may have an accident and never have the ability to make that choice to accept Jesus. If you know Jesus is the answer, and you are putting off asking Him into your heart and life, you are playing games with your eternal soul.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
FYI: There is no ugliness allowed in the Religion forum. Making nasty comments in here will get you banned from this forum.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
The Purpose of life

If you are like me, you have wondered what the purpose of life is. I realized the message presented here some years ago, but in case you are still wondering, read this devotional from Bill Keller of LivePrayer.com.
posted with permission

If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe. www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL TUESDAY APRIL 12, 2005
(Ecclesiastes 12:13)

The bottom line to what this life is really about. If you accept the Bible for what it is, God's inspired, inerrant word representing absolute truth and our final authority in all matters, then Solomon was the wisest man that ever lived. Over the years, I have carefully studied his life, the things he said, trying to tap into his wisdom. As a man, like all men, Solomon made many mistakes in his life and gave into the temptations of this sinful world on many occasions. It doesn't make me feel any better, but it does help when I make mistakes to know that even the wisest man who ever lived also made many mistakes during his life.

I have torn apart the Book of Ecclesiastes many times and have spent countless hours reading Solomon's summation of this life. In looking back over his life, having had all that anyone who lives in this world could ever want, the word that Solomon used over and over was "meaningless." As he looked back, he realized that in the end all of the temporal things of this world were exactly that, meaningless. It is actually a pretty negative book until you get to the next to last verse. As only the wisest man who ever lived could, in 6 words Solomon summed up what this life is all about, "FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS".

This may sound like an oversimplification, but it really isn't. The Hebrew word for fear is not the type of fear you have when you are afraid, but literally means to be in awe, in reverence. That should always be our attitude towards God, awe and reverence. Keeping His commandments refers to obeying the Word of God. My friends, if we can do this throughout our life, fear God and keep His commandments, we have found the key to what this life is really all about since this is the whole duty of man.

You see, this world honors those who lead great armies into war, rule empires and nations, those who have amassed tremendous wealth, people who are responsible for accomplishing incredible feats during their life. But all of these great accomplishments are only temporary. The truly great accomplishments in this life are the things we do that will stand for eternity.

Sharing with people the truth of God's Word, leading the lost to an everlasting relationship with Jesus Christ, helping those who know Christ become all God wants them to be. These are things the world will never see, but God will remember. Solomon at the end of his long, successful, and distinguished life on this earth summed it all up by saying that the whole duty of man is to fear God and keep His commandments.

I love you and care about you so much. I tell you often to stay focused on the things above as opposed to the things of this life. I pray today that you will take a long hard look at your goals and priorities, and make fearing God and keeping His commandments number one. Our purpose in this life is to serve and glorify God. If fearing Him and keeping His commandments is how to fulfill His purpose for our life, then that must be our top priority each day.

I pray today that you will listen to the wisdom of Solomon and that each day the most important thing in your life will be to "fear God and keep His commandments." That my friend is the whole duty of man and the bottom line to what this life is all about.

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email at bkeller@liveprayer.com

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is now available via AUDIO each day. Simply go to http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

(C) Copyright 2005, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

trisha

Grace is good enough

:flowers: God's Grace is abundant to those who choose to believe in Him.
As Martin Luther once asked, I agree and also ask, "When is enough?" meaning, when do we know we're DOING enough, LOVING enough, GIVING enough? :crazy:
:yay: The truth is, we can NEVER do, love or give enough so God comes to us freely.
God's Grace is enough to sustain anything.... :angel:

Trinity Lutheran Church in Lexington Park is starting a Saturday night services on April 30, @ 5:30.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
2ndAmendment said:
1 Corinthians 2
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Christians should not be surprised that many find the Bible to be complete nonsense. Those not of the Spirit cannot understand the things of the Spirit.
Awesome!! I take great comfort from that - and it makes me see how stupid I've been to argue with them. This is just what I needed - and I thank God for steering me to it this morning. And thank YOU, 2A, for posting it.