Throwing Down The Gauntlet

Redwing91

Larry Gude said:
I have a question:

What if the man wants an abortion and she says no?

Can he then choose to not support the mom and child?

By your logic, the man should be the only one to make the decision, period. But yes, I do think that if the woman wants to have a baby, and the man does not want to be a father, he should have the option of giving up any parental rights and responsibilities. It's called "choice". And from your above posts, it is very obvious that, on the subject of abortion, you will consider only the fetus. Not ever the woman. Have a nice day.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I guess you can't read...

Redwing91 said:
By your logic, the man should be the only one to make the decision, period. But yes, I do think that if the woman wants to have a baby, and the man does not want to be a father, he should have the option of giving up any parental rights and responsibilities. It's called "choice". And from your above posts, it is very obvious that, on the subject of abortion, you will consider only the fetus. Not ever the woman. Have a nice day.

...I said repeatedly; If you don't want it, kill it. Throw it out.

I mean that.

As far as truly being pro chocie, I applaud your commitment to the choice of the male.

You have a nice day to, thanks!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Redwing91 said:
even one is too many.
The magic words. Now you are a full-fledged liberal. You may pick your diploma up at the podium. Please begin walking down the aisle when you hear the opening bars of "Imagine".

B

Bruzilla

Redwing91 said:
"What is more needless than an abortion?" Answer: A woman dying because she needed one and wasn't allowed to have one.

But, the child would survive, so why is the woman's life more valuable and precious than that of the child?

ylexot

Super Genius
How about this for a program...BUY TWO ABORTIONS, GET A FREE mandatory TUBE TIEING PROCEDURE!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Redwing91 said:
Maybe because women have a right to life too? Maybe because some people actually view a woman as more than just an incubator on legs? Imagine that.
The above quote is one of the reasons why I refuse to call these anti-choice men "pro-life". They don't care if women die needlessly, they usually don't care what happens to the babies after they're born, and these are the same guys who usually support the death penalty.
About the abortion ban and overturning Roe, I say let the conservative men do it. I guarantee it will blow up in their faces big-time. Because when women start dying, and being forced to carry babies for rapists and wife-beaters, it won't be swept under the rug like it was in the good old fifties. The horror stories will be on the front page of every liberal paper in the country. Any ban that gets enacted will soon go the way of Prohibition.
Excuse me, but exactly who is anti-choice? Scour the threads on this topic (there are several) and you will find that my position is and has been one of believing that the choice should be allowed amongst the mother, father, family and the doctor. That a structured approach of protecting life as has been laid out in Roe versus Wade seems appropriate where the compelling state interest to protect the life of the unborn increases as the likelihood of viability increases.

What you failed to catch on to is that my issue is solely with the construction of the legislation were in one instance the fetus is given equal credence to the living and then in a wisp it is reversed and any equality is stripped away. This in itself is contradictory to the notion that all are created equal and that once conception occurs then life begins and is deserving of protection.

ericw

Redwing91 said:
Any I must say, it's funny how so many anti-choicers are men. I can't remember the last time I heard of any anti-choice woman.

Actually, a study by the University of Michigan several years ago found that men are slightly more likely to be pro-choice than women.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
ericw said:
Actually, a study by the University of Michigan several years ago found that men are slightly more likely to be pro-choice than women.
Wow. That completely contradicts my own experience in college, when the campus would hold fairs for all the political groups. The pro-choice table would be almost all women and the pro-life table was almost all men. I talked for a couple of minutes at both tables. At the time, I believed that men shouldn't get involved in the issue at all because they don't have wombs. So I asked the pro-life men why they were involved, and they said, "Because we're selfless." That put me off, because truly selfless people don't try to claim credit for being selfless.

B

Bruzilla

Tonio said:
At the time, I believed that men shouldn't get involved in the issue at all because they don't have wombs.

I do believe that's the most sexist thing I've ever read on this forum. I applaud you for writing what I know most women think but would never admit.