Tiki Bar Bruhaha

DannyMotorcycle

Judging from your username and post history it seems like you would be predisposed to believe the biker customer. I think I'm inclined to believe the bouncer simply because it seems unlikely he would make up rules and pick fights with customers for no reason. Why give yourself the headache.

Well i'm usually one to blame bikers, and give cops the benefit of the doubt when they are accused of something.. So i think you're wrong about that.

A bouncer coudl be having a bad day or could be a douche who knows.. but it's the shop owner and the customer against the bouncer and employee..

bosses don't tend to fire people they value.. so...

DannyMotorcycle

BTW I think my riders friends go there annually at least or almost annually.. I don't seem to recall any complaints..

I think i've gone there once or twice too with the group.. but if i had to wager.. i'd wager the bouncer and employee probably lacked critical customer service skills.
i've already written how they should have handled it.

awpitt

Main Streeter
If I may ...

I don't know. The fired employees had been there for years. I'm sure that type of alleged negative behavior would have manifest well before this incident. I don't think they did of what they are accused.

Heck, the fired bouncer even posted a picture of the set of rule they were required, by the owner, to enforce. Plain and simple.

Grumpy

Heck, the fired bouncer even posted a picture of the set of rule they were required, by the owner, to enforce. Plain and simple.

Plain and simple would have been the bouncer and manager applying a little common sense.

DannyMotorcycle

The problem may not have been enforcing the rules but HOW they enforce the rules.. you can usually do it politely without being a dick...

Also something is to be said about the owner not siding with his employees.. he clearly did not value them, and if he didn't, that is probably for a reason.
He clearly did not consider them an asset and that's probably based on something too. Of course there are 3 sides to every story.. and I suspect the fired people's story are a little farther from the truth than the patrons.

BernieP

Resident PIA
The problem may not have been enforcing the rules but HOW they enforce the rules.. you can usually do it politely without being a dick...

Also something is to be said about the owner not siding with his employees.. he clearly did not value them, and if he didn't, that is probably for a reason.
He clearly did not consider them an asset and that's probably based on something too. Of course there are 3 sides to every story.. and I suspect the fired people's story are a little farther from the truth than the patrons.
We are not talking high skill jobs here, easier for the owner to toss his employees in front of the bus to mollify the patrons than to admit it was by his direction, that it was "policy". When policies backfire, it's the guy on the bottom who gets #### on.