To Laptop, tablet, or netbook????

R

remaxrealtor

I have the Motorola Xoom and LOVE it! Plenty of memory, lasts up to 10 hours on a charge and is very lightweight. Just started playing with the camera, double sided, and am very impressed so far.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
iPad. Awesome screen, up to 10 hours of battery life. NO BRAINER!

You do NOT want a Netbook. They are cheaply assembled and you will quickly become disappointed with your purchase.

(Although I'm surprised that "I'm fairly low maintenance" and "I want something with a little size to it" has gone mostly unnoticed on this thread.)

The Xoom would be a good second choice if you can't wait for the Galaxy 10.1.

BigSlam123b

Only happy When It Rains

You do NOT want a Netbook. They are cheaply assembled and you will quickly become disappointed with your purchase.

(Although I'm surprised that "I'm fairly low maintenance" and "I want something with a little size to it" has gone mostly unnoticed on this thread.)

Agree with every part of your statement. I love my Xoom but would recommend the iPad for her due to simpler interface.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent

What do you mean wait for the Galaxy 10.1? Its been out for weeks.

Baz

This. ------------------>
I wouldn't recommend a tablet if that's going to be the only computer in the house. But if it's a secondary device, I'd say go with a tablet. I bought a tablet to replace an ancient laptop (great decision), but I also have a desktop setup that I still use occasionally.

If you're buying something to use as your one and only computer, I'd go with a laptop.

Sherlock

Casserhole!
I mostly just surf the web. I would like to store a little music and pictures but other than that I don't have any other needs. I'm not terribly particular and definitely not tech savy so I'm fairly low maintenace. What's the best option?

I have an IPAD2 if you want to play with it. I bought it for just about the same reasons that you're looking for one and it's perfect.